Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

precision posted:

I haven't watched it in like 20 years but I recall enjoying Boxing Helena

Also the biggest shark jump moment for the show has got to be The Dumpster

The Dumpster is also where this show belongs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

moist turtleneck posted:

Lynch is also responsible for the cool Wolf attack/turtle eating episode

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4452400/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_24

She's directed a bunch of really solid TV episodes, even when it's for bad shows. Noah's death is one of the few times Walking Dead has ever actually been upsetting on purpose.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So are they going with that dumb half now, half later approach for this season too?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

hey guys i havent watched this show since the season long saviors flashback-flashforward, rewind battle has it gotten any better?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Hexel posted:

hey guys i havent watched this show since the season long saviors flashback-flashforward, rewind battle has it gotten any better?

AMC's stocks dropped over 7% after this season premiere if that tells you anything

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It's refreshing 'cause different. Some things don't make sense but I'm remaining open minded

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It's different, in the way you'd easily spot the difference between a cow pat and a dog turd.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
So I watched the premiere last night. It's interesting how they just had the weakest drat season finale for FTWD and now... this. So much stupid, although the ending was kind of good. At least they didn't make Gregory into a nice guy for 6 whole episodes seasons, only to reveal he's been talking poo poo behind everyone's back.

At least they fast-forwarded a little. Maggie was pregnant for what, 3 seasons? Come to think of it, everything that was on a complete standstill during the 30 seasons' war just happened offscreen. So now that they have established a new setting without showing it to anyone, they can start stalling again.

I'm not sure if I even enjoy hatewatching this anymore.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Didn't season 7 take place in like a single week?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

John F Bennett posted:

Don't know about season 7, but I think season 8 took place in a single day, two at most.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I think the producers put out a timeline that between S6 finale and the end of S8 less that three weeks total passed.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
What season even is this now? maybe we should update the title to whatever it is.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Every season is the same so no one really knows which one we are on now.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

the walking thread

no one has made this joke before so i expect it to be greeted with a standing ovation :colbert:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Truant posted:

the walking thread

no one has made this joke before so i expect it to be greeted with a standing ovation :colbert:

:downsrim:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
didn't people complain about that because they were searching for "walking dead" and couldn't find the thread because they were braindead

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

didn't people complain about that because they were searching for "walking dead" and couldn't find the thread because they were braindead

i know this same complaint was made about The 100, and about... American Gods? i think?

so that would scan with this thread, yup

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

moist turtleneck posted:

Yup. They also complained about specifically titling it “We are the Walking Thread!” because of comic spoilers.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Tortuga posted:

What season even is this now? maybe we should update the title to whatever it is.
As discussed last year, the show doesn't deserve another thread.
Also nothing has happened since S7.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
We are watching season 7, Winston.

We have always been watching season 7.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The end of S9:
- Daryl stands over the body of Rick
- Hilltop is in ruins
- Maggies baby is a walker
- Daryl is now the leader of sanctuary and it was all his doing
- We think its all fading to black, is this the end ??
- screen goes black
- a white rectangle opens on to the screen
- a silloute
- it leans backward
- "Now Daryl, do you need more time to think about how this could go?"
- daryl_expression.jpg
- real fade to black
We're on easy street plays over the end credits

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I'm watching friends raise their children while I'm raising the courage to start a rewatch of AMC's The Walking Dead.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just finishing up season 8 over the course of a slow painful month long Netflix watch, and it was one of the worst seasons of television I’ve ever seen. I have to admit Eugene sabotaging the bullets was pretty dope though. I have nothing else good to say about it.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Lampsacus posted:

I'm watching friends raise their children while I'm raising the courage to start a rewatch of AMC's The Walking Dead.

Why?

veni veni veni posted:

Just finishing up season 8 over the course of a slow painful month long Netflix watch, and it was one of the worst seasons of television I’ve ever seen. I have to admit Eugene sabotaging the bullets was pretty dope though. I have nothing else good to say about it.

I watched the first two episodes on Netflix and I have no reason to continue.

So was Eugene on ricks side the whole time? Please just spoil it for me.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Eugene is a moron coward and will take the side of whoever calls him a good boy enough

This changes over time

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

nwin posted:

Why?

I watched the first two episodes on Netflix and I have no reason to continue.

The babe Eugene has the hots for eventually kidnaps Eugene, calls hims piece of poo poo, Eugene then pukes on the babe and escapes by transforming into a mole and digging himself into the ground in 2 seconds.

This incident somehow makes Eugene hatch a diabolical plot to sabotage all the bullets he has made for the Saviours. He makes one revolver with good bullets and gives it to Negan to make him believe everything is going according to plan.

Rick makes a super stupid plan and also falls into Negans trap both at the same time where Rick and friends are out in the open down in some valley, while all of Negans guys jump up from behind the hills with assault rifles.

Just as the series should've ended right there, satisfactorily, what happens instead is that ALL of the guns are fired simultaneously and they ALL explode, killing off ALL the saviours, except Negan and his closest henchmen.

Let me just dig up some season highlights for you so you don't have to watch any of it for real.

EDIT:

The worlds dumbest car chase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_jsHSbTKzY

Eugene's puke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFpyDp0IQtA

The saddest moment in human history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQITKtxElWo

Jim Carrey joins the fray in a series of unfathomably bad scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp44Y6LXnGE

Idiot stock gay guy tries the diplomatic approach of "starving in the woods" to form an alliance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QASaXnImfDo

A series of physical impossibilites and idiotic coreography:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsCV-rDrX9U

What the gently caress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huNjwzO4jGQ

After being in a car crash and being beaten up by Rick, Negan somehow wins this fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0MCPCA7QPs

Eugene's master stroke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaU8Ni5qBLE

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 13, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

veni veni veni posted:

I wish Negan wasn't so incredibly stupid to give people control in his military a *week* after murdering their friends. He would have given Daryl a loving assault rifle in 72 hours if he just bullshitted an "I am Negan." And as seen with Eugene, he'd not even be clever about it.

That said the Maggie ambush road hostage exchange was one of the worst scenes in all of TWD. Not one thing anyone did made any sense on any level

John F Bennett posted:

Season 7 & 8 were supposed to be over like three weeks total. Not a single character acted like the time was at the scale it was; acting like it was some long fought year long war or some bullshit. I will never let the Daryl thing go though because Negan's like "Hey it's been 3 days you going to flip on everyone you've ever known already? This is taking forever!"

That said there was so much wrong with the season it hurts the brain. My personal favorite is how people can just keep walking into and out of Negan's compound without those lookouts with rocket launchers ever doing jack poo poo. Seriously Sasha was an idiot but like, Rick and 5 people could have killed the Saviors any time they felt like cutting the fence. Negan in the show is just a moron.

I know some people hate the comics and I've never read the comics but every plot point comparison makes way more sense in the comics. AMC took the source material and made it worse in every way.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 13, 2018

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

At first I was going to say yeah this is by far the most laughably bad scene in the show but then I watched the rest and then I started....remembering.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Friends, is the new season worth watching or is it still awful.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

Friends, is the new season worth watching or is it still awful.

Yes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gortarius posted:

The babe Eugene has the hots for eventually kidnaps Eugene, calls hims piece of poo poo, Eugene then pukes on the babe and escapes by transforming into a mole and digging himself into the ground in 2 seconds.

This incident somehow makes Eugene hatch a diabolical plot to sabotage all the bullets he has made for the Saviours. He makes one revolver with good bullets and gives it to Negan to make him believe everything is going according to plan.

Rick makes a super stupid plan and also falls into Negans trap both at the same time where Rick and friends are out in the open down in some valley, while all of Negans guys jump up from behind the hills with assault rifles.

Just as the series should've ended right there, satisfactorily, what happens instead is that ALL of the guns are fired simultaneously and they ALL explode, killing off ALL the saviours, except Negan and his closest henchmen.

Let me just dig up some season highlights for you so you don't have to watch any of it for real.

EDIT:

The worlds dumbest car chase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_jsHSbTKzY

Eugene's puke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFpyDp0IQtA

The saddest moment in human history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQITKtxElWo

Jim Carrey joins the fray in a series of unfathomably bad scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp44Y6LXnGE

Idiot stock gay guy tries the diplomatic approach of "starving in the woods" to form an alliance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QASaXnImfDo

A series of physical impossibilites and idiotic coreography:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsCV-rDrX9U

What the gently caress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huNjwzO4jGQ

After being in a car crash and being beaten up by Rick, Negan somehow wins this fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0MCPCA7QPs

Eugene's master stroke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaU8Ni5qBLE

I like this post. This is a good post. Wish I had just waited for it instead of watching all of season 8

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

veni veni veni posted:

I like this post. This is a good post. Wish I had just waited for it instead of watching all of season 8

It's only a fraction of the highlights. I couldn't even remember a lot of them, for example:

Negan's secret archers and the plot to infect the people living in the mansion that ultimately didn't really do anything. This brings me to the next dumb scene and that is the zombie falling down a full set of stairs and the people sleeping RIGHT UNDER the stairs didn't wake up, nor was there a guard posted at the scene.

That scene happened in the night which brings me to the next scene, which is Simon and his gang walking blind towards the mansion over an opening with no cover and then being surprised that they get brasted to hell two seconds later. As a reminder: they had a firefight there just 10 seconds prior so it isn't a surprise attack or anything like that. They literally just walked into an open field, in the middle of the night, with no lights, while the people inside the mansion with guns knew they were coming.

There was the scene of Jadis making beefaroni out of his gang, which was kinda funny, but also begs the question of why there is a functioning industrial meat grinder, or whatever the hell it was, on top of a pile of garbage, and how did they power it up?

Eugene's plan to fly a remote controlled plane with a speaker on it to distract zombies was a sort of a good and cool scene, but the writers also realized that so they shot it down immediately before it went anywhere.

The long-haired savior guy who constantly kept antagonizing Morgan while repeatedly getting beaten up and almost killed by him. Then him trying to escape the barb-wire prison while the guards are there, looking at him, and getting knocked on his rear end immediately. I have to admit him finally getting devoured was a pretty satisfying scene but NOT because I would've rooted for Morgan or anyone else, but because it meant there's one less obnoxious character on the show being an idiot.

There was also some scene where people talked about the barb-wire prison having giant gaps in it or something, but I forget what that was about. The little kid trying to get revenge? Idk, it's too much to try and remember all of this.

Two gamers and their aunt dropping some high level intel from their van and then never mentioned again.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Rick and Morgan double crossing all those people at the pool hall owned because they acted like it was completely okay and normal

They murdered like 50 people including the couple people that untied Rick and Morgan to help fight zombies instead of just feeding the zombies with Rick and Morgans bodies

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Season 8 was really stupid lmao. It's like someone dared them Spinal Tap style, "how stupid can it be?"

Season 8 went to 11

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
If you are dumb enough to still be watching this, you might want to try out Z-Nation. It is currently just starting a rebuilding of civilization arc that's already 100 times better and more interesting.

If you have never seen the show, like most it takes a bit to get its footing, but if you stick with it you'll be really pleasantly surprised how they fuse characters you begin to actually care about with stupid poo poo like Zombienados.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

moist turtleneck posted:

Rick and Morgan double crossing all those people at the pool hall owned because they acted like it was completely okay and normal

They murdered like 50 people including the couple people that untied Rick and Morgan to help fight zombies instead of just feeding the zombies with Rick and Morgans bodies

Not only that, but aside from Morgan's nemesis, weren't all the runaways discussing 'maybe they'll let us go back to jail and help our friends whose limbs we had to cut off'?

And Rick and Morgan were like 'You guys sure can!'

E:

nwin posted:

Debatable. Negan had good defenses and gave him preferential treatment and could keep him safe. Though he did a few solids for Rick's crew like feed a guard sugar-free gummi bears to allow Dr. Carson and Gabriel to escape.

They're caught and Dr. Carson gets killed trying to grab a gun before the episode is even over. Gabriel's POV was like he was peering out of someone's rear end.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 13, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I still want to know why the gently caress the garbage woman talked like she was a caveman for two seasons and then just stopped after her people were wasted. I was honestly so confused by those guys. Like, I was trying to understand why the hell they spoke like they had brain damage in the first place, then at the end of season 8 you find out it was intentional. WHY!?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I still want to know why the gently caress the garbage woman talked like she was a caveman for two seasons and then just stopped after her people were wasted. I was honestly so confused by those guys. Like, I was trying to understand why the hell they spoke like they had brain damage in the first place, then at the end of season 8 you find out it was intentional. WHY!?

Apparently it was all some sort of front they were putting on, or a rejection of their old lives as a group. Same way the Termintes said "ya know, NEVER AGAIN and cannibalism is kinda cool" or the way the Kingdom people lap up Ezekiel's roleplaying. It may have also given them a vibe of wierdness as a defense mechanism to stave off alpha groups like Negan, because even a crazy guy like him would be put off by their weirdness and leave them alone.

It's better than imagining they somehow degenerated in the space of 2 years I guess, but not much.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You. Make deal. we. go shooty shooty grunga. I have. Prince Valiant bowl cut. Fire burn!

Oh crap everyone died! Guess I'm just gonna talk normal now and I'm gonna get rid of the dumb haircut. My grand scheme of looking like a giant weirdo for no apparent reason has been foiled anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Z Nation is Legit Great, the season premiere was amazing

CERTIFIED LIVING