Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

I like this helmet. Something is off putting about the new logo man, but this simple is nice.

It feels like a "there are actually XX amount of triangles in this representing the XX of our team history" type of thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Chilichimp posted:

I refuse to believe there is a nerd on the internet who doesn't remember Particle Man. :colbert:

I'm surprised that more than a few goons in the football funhouse subforum would know of particle man, but perhaps not too surprised because the song is almost 30 years old.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Freakazoid_ posted:

I'm surprised that more than a few goons in the football funhouse subforum would know of particle man, but perhaps not too surprised because the song is almost 30 years old.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude...

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Freakazoid_ posted:

We’re all old

The youths don’t care about dead gay forums

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Freakazoid_ posted:

I'm 38 and I never heard that song :shrug:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

weird Asian candy posted:

Kalli already covered this, you just weren't brought up right (on Tiny Toons).

I honestly think that Tiny Toons thing introduced more people to the song than the actual band did.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

I honestly think that Tiny Toons thing introduced more people to the song than the actual band did.

Man I watched Tiny Toons and I still don’t remember it lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I got a world history question right in like the 4th grade because of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

weird Asian candy posted:

Ok Grandpa

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Kalli posted:

The comment section of that video is something, even by YouTube standards.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

iospace posted:

Ok Grandpa

Man, ain't it the truth. I am also very much not one of those people who watches a show or movie once and can recite all the lines. :smith:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

howe_sam posted:

The comment section of that video is something, even by YouTube standards.

quote:

Do Greeks realize what good the Turks did for Constantinople? When the city was captured in 1453, it was seriously underpopulated, it was very poor, and was unrestful. Hell the Byzantine emperor tried to sell it to the Venetians in the mid 15th century. However, when it was captured, over time the Ottomans did great work to restore the city. Many complain that they treated the Hagia Sophia poorly by doing things such as converting it to a mosque. However, they showed great respect and restraint. When the Turks got it, they merely covered up the ancient mosaics. Just think: the Turks could have destroyed the mosaics, but no. Today they're in great condition. The TUrks showed great restraint, especially compared to the Latins in the 13th century. Whatever the Turks did in 1453, the Latins did worse in 1204. So stop complaining.

:yikes:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

I know all the US capitals thanks to Wakko Warner.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
All I learned is that if you point a giant sword in the sky and get hit with lightning, you'll get turned into a buff man with a fur loincloth.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Grittybeard posted:

Tiny Toons is where I originally heard it, but one of my friends when I was nine also loved that song.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Next thing someone's gonna walk in here and say they never heard of Tom Lehrer

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

I celebrate the entire Dr. Demento lineup.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

or allan sherman

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kalli posted:

I celebrate the entire Dr. Demento lineup.

if you weren't listening to bob newhart comedy records as a kid were you ever really a kid

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm raising my son on Looney Tunes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I got the jungle book soundtrack vinyl loaded up

"oh I'm the king of the swingers, ooooooooh, the jungle VIP..."

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

JPrime posted:

if you weren't listening to bob newhart comedy records as a kid were you ever really a kid

I didn’t hear that, but my dad did have Eddie Murphy Raw, along with the soundtracks to the Wizard of Oz and the Muppet Movie. It. . . explains a lot about me, to be honest

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
My kids will never know what a good NFL broadcast team sounds like.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Elephanthead posted:

Your kids are probably going to want a broadcast that sounds like a YouTube personality anyway

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seems like a decade ago

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Your kids are probably going to want a broadcast that sounds like a YouTube personality anyway

He's at the 40! The 30! The 20! The 10! T*abruptly cuts to a 5 second ad for cereal*OUCHDOWN AND DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE!!!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

shirts and skins posted:

I'm honestly not sure if I'd hate Pewdiepie more than Collinsworth.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Elephanthead posted:

Gruden Tirico was top shelf. Just the best combination of quality play-by-play and goofy color guy.

shirts and skins posted:

:negative: please no... please noooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Elephanthead posted:

I’m raising my child on the Spanish feed, it’s pretty rad

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

If there's a people more sensitive to criticism than the Turks the Turks probably committed genocide against them and are super brittle about it

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Randaconda posted:

Seems like a decade ago

Who is that guy?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

shirts and skins posted:

Oh hey gang, welcome back to week seven, sorry I wasn't around last week, I had a cold that knocked me right on my rear end. Anyway, we got a real tight game today. Don't forget you can get real NFL merch using the referral link below. It doesn't cost you any extra and you help support the show. Oh by the way, touchdown.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Oh hey gang, welcome back to week seven, sorry I wasn't around last week, I had a cold that knocked me right on my rear end. Anyway, we got a real tight game today. Don't forget you can get real NFL merch using the referral link below. It doesn't cost you any extra and you help support the show. Oh by the way, touchdown.

Honestly I'd take a commentary team that just rambled if it was entertaining. Like when rogans podcast does fight companions, that poo poo is way better than actual commentary.

All you need is booze, weed and a conspiracy theorist getting dunked on and it would be better than every other commentary that isnt Romo.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

iwentdoodie posted:

Honestly I'd take a commentary team that just rambled if it was entertaining. Like when rogans podcast does fight companions, that poo poo is way better than actual commentary.

All you need is booze, weed and a conspiracy theorist getting dunked on and it would be better than every other commentary that isnt Romo.
That makes it sound like a baseball radio broadcast, and I'm down with Bob Uecker getting lit for 3 hours and announcing a Packers game.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm still doing these. The Akron Pros were the first NFL Champions. I figure that if they had survived they would be The prototype NFL team, the one you always saw on cereal boxes and in comic books, so I went with an elemental design for the helmet. Primary colors, with the logo echoing the US flag.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Darth Brooks posted:

I'm still doing these. The Akron Pros were the first NFL Champions. I figure that if they had survived they would be The prototype NFL team, the one you always saw on cereal boxes and in comic books, so I went with an elemental design for the helmet. Primary colors, with the logo echoing the US flag.

Are you going to do more of them?

anti-archive bump :v:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'd be interested in seeing some AAF redesigns.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

AAF throwbacks

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

on the bored wop posted:

AAF throwbacks

i would love a startup league forever if in their first season they did a Throwback Week and all the teams wear fake throwbacks to what their uniforms and logos would have looked like 40-50 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

AAF throwbacks should just mean games played in the nude that week. A call to its historic roots. Like ancient Greek wrestling.