Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

On the topic of statics, I'm looking for one! I'm an i381 DRG on Exodus. I have a few O9S clears and am post Hot Tail on O10S. My availability is fairly flexible: I'm free 6-11PM EST Monday through Thursday, I'm not yet sure about Fridays, 5PM until very late Saturday, and all day until 11PM Sunday; I'd like to keep it to 2-3 days of ~2-3 hours each day. I'm coming from a very, very casual static, but I'd like to move up to a MC group. It'd also be cool to do other stuff together (mount farms, map runs if on the same server, etc), too, but no problem if we don't. I'm also an omni-crafter, so if we're on the same server I can craft stuff for you at cost.

My logs are here if you want to look at them, which includes a 77%ile (compared against parses) O9S run from this week!

I've got PMs here, or I'm Zack Ater in-game, or Zack Ater#7985 on discord.

e:

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

any DPS players on Aether

So close yet so far :negative:

Telum fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Oct 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
After spending a few weeks in 4.4, I think it's time to call it an expansion and maybe pop back in for 5.0. Maybe it's just me, but I can't think of a single thing in this patch that I actually like. The dungeons are poop and a mid-2000s FPS level respectively, the trial is a literal headache, and O10S may be the single worst piece of content in the game. Oh, and the servers are broken.

Incidentally, if any DPS players on Aether need a MC static, I can probably set you up with a tryout to replace the worst Summoner (me). Bonus points if you're a dragoon!

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Wait, what's a headache about Chicken? I'm having a blast with it.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Sounds like you're just burned out and its time for a break. I think 4.4 has some amazing content and enjoyed o10s while we were working on it, we're only now progressing through the back half of o11s but I'm having a blast with alphascape.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

After spending a few weeks in 4.4, I think it's time to call it an expansion and maybe pop back in for 5.0. Maybe it's just me, but I can't think of a single thing in this patch that I actually like. The dungeons are poop and a mid-2000s FPS level respectively, the trial is a literal headache, and O10S may be the single worst piece of content in the game. Oh, and the servers are broken.

Incidentally, if any DPS players on Aether need a MC static, I can probably set you up with a tryout to replace the worst Summoner (me). Bonus points if you're a dragoon!

Sounds like it's time to get into Lord of Verminion.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

This patch introduced Omega's Butt Rock. Patch is good.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

DizzyBum posted:

This patch introduced Omega's Butt Rock. Patch is good.

Patch will have a eureka, ergo it's bad.

The current content is real sparse though. I really like the raid tier but that's pretty much it. Story and Doma are great but aren't exactly a big time filler.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Countblanc posted:

Sounds like it's time to get into Lord of Verminion.

You joke, but I'd have a blast if people actually played this dumb minigame

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

O10S is definitely the worst Savage fight of the expansion. Tons of recycled mechanics, multiple super long phase transitions, a completely pointless add phase and a horrible rng tank swap mechanic.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

After a little over a year of playing as an Elezen, I got a fantasia to change things up. First, here are my favorite healer, tank, and dps glamours from old Genovie:

Now she's a Roegadyn!

I don't have too many pictures yet, but I did make a Halloween costume-- a Dragon Quest III sage. I couldn't do the blue cloak, and I added some tights since my "dress" was a bit short, but it turned out well.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Level 40! Never been this far! Had this game for like 3 years!

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
We say it a lot but I will reiterate: it gets better and better the further you go.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Genovera posted:

Now she's a Roegadyn!

Welcome to the superior race

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Renegret posted:

Welcome to the superior race

Zero regrets fantasia'ing to rogadame

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

WrightOfWay posted:

O10S is definitely the worst Savage fight of the expansion. Tons of recycled mechanics, multiple super long phase transitions, a completely pointless add phase and a horrible rng tank swap mechanic.

we're stumbling into the final phase and I dunno, I'm enjoying it so far. I'm a big fan of recent turns adding a small random element, as in the tank markers (though maybe a severe stacking vuln up would've been less annoying than Doom) or chaos flipping which phase pair comes first. and, I mean, pretty much every mechanic is recycled from something by now

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Typhoon first on Chaos is loving terrible because it's like 15 seconds shorter than Blaze first and completely fucks my CD timings as a Dragoon

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
If play with my controller on PS4 can I use my keyboard to type?

It's hell typing on a controller

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

verbal enema posted:

I haven't but I play with people that do this.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
I'm trying to reapply into (what used to be ) DGKK but it says it can't process my application. Any reason for that?

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

No, officer, I am not sure how my husband died, but I do miss him so...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I haven't but I play with people that do this.

Cool

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

verbal enema posted:

You totally can. Any USB keyboard will work.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Karanas posted:

I'm trying to reapply into (what used to be ) DGKK but it says it can't process my application. Any reason for that?

What is your character name?

e: We don't seem to have any pending or recent applicants, so can't help with that error, but I could directly invite you at least.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 12, 2018

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

onesixtwo posted:

What is your character name?

e: We don't seem to have any pending or recent applicants, so can't help with that error, but I could directly invite you at least.

Kyrie Hyle ingame thanks.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Since everyone loves a dumb summon macro:

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Bremma posted:

No, officer, I am not sure how my husband died, but I do miss him so...

Why does your shirt make you look like you have 6 boobs?

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
The other player crying really makes that

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

Why does your shirt make you look like you have 6 boobs?

Because the boss it's modeled after had 6 boobs because she was a wolf.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What job is the canon WoL going to be in Shadowbringer?

I hope Dancer.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Countblanc posted:

What job is the canon WoL going to be in Shadowbringer?

I hope Dancer.

I can imagine the trailer.

WoL walks into a darkened ruin full of refugees. A sick family is huddled in the corner, while injured fighters line the other wall.

WoL throws his cape into the air, strikes a pose, and vigorously starts shaking his rear end.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Magitek Knight seems like the obvious canon choice if we're going to Garlemald but I'll be a Dancer regardless.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah probably Magitek Knight/Soldier/w-e for Highlander-kun.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I can imagine the trailer.

It's just the Stormblood trailer again but this time the "she's a Dancer" people are right.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I've probably stuck with this glam for a while now, something about that top just works for a Monk for me.

Kinda' forgot to take a shot that really shows it off though.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

WrightOfWay posted:

The lack of much in the way of unique mechanics and the fact that the fight is just incredibly boring for the first 4 or so minutes contribute to it being unpleasant. Had it been shorter but started off with the post-hot tail mechanics (mind you, with the bulwarks and hot tail still happening but much earlier) right off the bat, it would have been much better.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's kind of a combination of having multiple "dodge poo poo" sections plus the add phase where you can't even hit him, and things that feel less like mechanics and more like gently caress you moves. "MT forgot to keep Middy centered during that Akh Morn, now he's aimed weirdly and just used ice + X. Good luck not sliding past your safe spot"

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Whenever I think of O10s I just think of the word “finicky.” Every part of it has a chance to just go sideways for really dumb reasons. It’s a long, fairly uninteresting fight with an okay back half. It’s not a fantastic back half, either, just okay.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

did somebody say unsolicited glamour shots

aw ye

i almost can't wait for november, then it will be time to switch my online brand™ from Spooky AST to Festive RDM :3:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Always weirds me out when random glamour pieces just work right without needing to be dyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WrightOfWay posted:

Obligatum VII posted:

The lack of much in the way of unique mechanics and the fact that the fight is just incredibly boring for the first 4 or so minutes contribute to it being unpleasant. Had it been shorter but started off with the post-hot tail mechanics (mind you, with the bulwarks and hot tail still happening but much earlier) right off the bat, it would have been much better.

It's also just not thematically interesting at all. I don't know anyone who was at all excited to fight Super Midgardsormr. When he showed up it was all very :geno:

Chaos at least has the cool elements gimmick to it, Omega is Omega, and Super Omega is a dual-boss fight which there aren't too many of in the whole game.