Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
we-were your expectations subverted though?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

axe murder scene was pretty decent tho

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

TK-42-1 posted:

axe murder scene was pretty decent tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y_G-sIkG2w

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

SaviourX posted:

Oh, poo poo. Do It.

CLEGANE PI kneels during the March of the Stag Lord, investigating a murder he himself committed.

"BELIEVE IN SOMETHING," he mutters. "EVEN IF COST EVERYTHING."

He believes in murder.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Marijuana posted:

loving hell i forgot that they got ian mcshane on the show and then just lynched him like half an episode later

Ian McShane had the best take on the show anyone’s ever had: “It’s a show about tits and dragons, what the gently caress are you so upset about?”

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Unrelated, but is anyone else seeing apostrophes rendered as upside-down question marks and fractions lately on SA? I'm seeing it a lot today.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Some kind of error with the site. It's being looked into, as far as know.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Unrelated, but is anyone else seeing apostrophes rendered as upside-down question marks and fractions lately on SA? I'm seeing it a lot today.

Not just a question mark, but also a one-half symbol and a double-dotted i :tinfoil:

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blood Sally posted:

Some kind of error with the site. It's being looked into, as far as know.

We're all gonna die. I'm pretty sure this site runs on rubberbands and bubblegum. I'm surprised it doesn't get hacked to poo poo every other week.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I think the people that harbor i’ll will towards this forum are too stupid to do anything. Those that aren’t are content watching it die a slow, agonizing death.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'll be a 50 year old man making dick and fart jokes at the other 10 members of SomethingAwful before it dies.

"Threads of gold, but piss will be their posts." - Getout the Frog

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I still have the faint hope that Martin is waiting for the show to finish so he can pick what he liked about it and write that into the books.

But probably not.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I mean, he is waiting.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Waiting to die of old and fat

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

'Twas pizza slayed the beast

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm honestly a little disappointed the messed up text wasn't a spoopy Halloween thing were slowly over the month more and more of the text would get all corrupted and weird just like in my creepypastas.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ccs posted:

I still have the faint hope that Martin is waiting for the show to finish so he can pick what he liked about it and write that into the books.

But probably not.

I'm betting part of Ty's publishing contract for The Expanse series was that he is obligated to finish ASoIaF after GRRM croaks, but not a moment before.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

a song of rear end and fire

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

esperterra posted:

He's still gonna manage to miss that deadline somehow.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
The Mountain mortally wounds the Hound, and as he stands over a dying Sandor, he pulls off his face to reveal Vince Russo. “SWERVE!” *N.W.O. music starts blasting and Hulk Hogan gets the Iron Throne*

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Please, GoT is clearly a product of the WWF Golden Age. The Undertaker/Kane/Paul Bearer plot line is basically in the books word for word with the serial numbers filed off.

Tyrion is Stephanie McMahon in this analogy

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Syrio Florel played by Rey Mysterio? Yes please.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

"Stone Cold" Night King

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Syrio Florel played by Rey Mysterio? Yes please.
"What is the one thing we say to death?"

"Booyaka, booyaka."

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Solice Kirsk posted:

He's still gonna manage to miss that deadline somehow.

That fat rear end in a top hat has already been making us wait 10+ years for that deadline as well.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gurm's death will be the shot in the arm this book series needs to be completed.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gurm's death will be the shot in the arm this book series needs to be completed.

I mean, it worked wonders for Robert Jordan...

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
Dying will be just like finishing the books. Everyone will expect him to, but eventually come to the realization that he's just never going to bother. When incomprehensibly vast black holes swallow all of existence and compress it into a singularity, Gurm will be there, and he will eat it.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

precision posted:

I mean, it worked wonders for Robert Jordan...

i mean robert jordan would have never finished the series sure, but atleast he would have put out books of people smoothing dressings and pulling ponytails.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fhate posted:

Dying will be just like finishing the books. Everyone will expect him to, but eventually come to the realization that he's just never going to bother. When incomprehensibly vast black holes swallow all of existence and compress it into a singularity, Gurm will be there, and he will eat it.

After nuclear war, all that remains are cockroaches, Cher, and GURM.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

wargames posted:

i mean robert jordan would have never finished the series sure, but atleast he would have put out books of people smoothing dressings and pulling ponytails.

Jordan’s last book before he croaked was an orgy in killing of loose plots and focusing on the main plot lines.
But it was too late at that point, although at least he tried. Also he never stopped writing, so there is that.
I remember reading in the newspaper that he was dead and my first reaction was “you fucker”. I expect my reaction to Gurm dying will be “at least he finished something “

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Gurm is certifiably the Absolute Fucker so you shouldn’t worry about that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah Jordan padded the WoT out shamelessly (gently caress Crossroads of Twilight) but at least as death loomed he was putting a good faith effort into finishing it

GRRM shows every sign of contempt at the idea of just finishing the main plot already

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.
robert jordan: at least he tried

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

precision posted:

Yeah Jordan padded the WoT out shamelessly (gently caress Crossroads of Twilight) but at least as death loomed he was putting a good faith effort into finishing it

GRRM shows every sign of contempt at the idea of just finishing the main plot already

I made the mistake of reading the released chapters for Winds when a flu was kicking my rear end.

Wow. Just...wow.

The Sansa one is regular GRRM level of lazy and boring. Here, look at there bit characters that appeared before. Now here's this hail mary gambit that may be Sansa's way out of eternal victim status and into some actual agency (but likely not).

Arianne chapter was pointless. The reveal of that whole sideplot was obvious and spoiled and such a wet fart in the grand scheme of things. And i actually -like- Dorne a bit because it's nice that there was a place with common sense to stay out of the setting's fuckery and just enjoy hot weather, spicy food and making bastards while everyone else slaughters each other on the doorstep of a years-long winter.

Aeron chapter was actually a bit nice, until you realize how desperate GRRM is that he had to resort to more and heavier Lovecraft themes to get a rise. And it just irks me how his idea of tension is to add in sudden villains for whom absolutely everything goes perfect 100% of the time. But uhhh, valyrian steel ARMOR! The nerds will go wild over that!!

The Arya chapter....felt like a prank. Like, below fanfic level of storytelling, narrative and characters. At this point just make her intern as a nurse for her weird pointless assassin cult that someone no one but Euron hires, and have Walder frey, Cersei and Roose Bolton all schedule a visit there at the same time.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Sephyr posted:

I made the mistake of reading the released chapters for Winds when a flu was kicking my rear end.

Wow. Just...wow.

The Sansa one is regular GRRM level of lazy and boring. Here, look at there bit characters that appeared before. Now here's this hail mary gambit that may be Sansa's way out of eternal victim status and into some actual agency (but likely not).

Arianne chapter was pointless. The reveal of that whole sideplot was obvious and spoiled and such a wet fart in the grand scheme of things. And i actually -like- Dorne a bit because it's nice that there was a place with common sense to stay out of the setting's fuckery and just enjoy hot weather, spicy food and making bastards while everyone else slaughters each other on the doorstep of a years-long winter.

Aeron chapter was actually a bit nice, until you realize how desperate GRRM is that he had to resort to more and heavier Lovecraft themes to get a rise. And it just irks me how his idea of tension is to add in sudden villains for whom absolutely everything goes perfect 100% of the time. But uhhh, valyrian steel ARMOR! The nerds will go wild over that!!

The Arya chapter....felt like a prank. Like, below fanfic level of storytelling, narrative and characters. At this point just make her intern as a nurse for her weird pointless assassin cult that someone no one but Euron hires, and have Walder frey, Cersei and Roose Bolton all schedule a visit there at the same time.

A case of GRRM Derangement Syndrome

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Mmmm. Free range GRRM :btroll:

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sephyr posted:

I feel like the Arya chapter was written over 10 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Cardiac posted:

Jordan’s last book before he croaked was an orgy in killing of loose plots and focusing on the main plot lines.
But it was too late at that point, although at least he tried. Also he never stopped writing, so there is that.
I remember reading in the newspaper that he was dead and my first reaction was “you fucker”. I expect my reaction to Gurm dying will be “at least he finished something “

Jordan managed to publish three 800-page novels, despite dying from a long term wasting illness, in the time between GRRM publishing two.

I mean, yeah, he padded the gently caress out of it, but he actually wrote like every day he was alive and honestly tried to get it all finished.