Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Bogart posted:

adopting two kids and naming them both homestuck
One Homestuck and one Hiveswap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Freak Futanari posted:

question: do yall know if Hussie will sue me if i use Steam Direct to publish my homestuck dating sim

if it's like remotely decently made and you're serious about it, maybe try hitting him up to see about straight-up licensing it?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

One Homestuck and one Hiveswap

Maybe name them Hivebent, the more successful troll story

Not calling Hiveswap 'Homestuck' though—critical branding error

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
we intentionally didn't brand it correctly, as a joke

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i guess calling your kids 'homestuck' and 'hiveswap' would really let them know you expected them to be disappointments

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

if it's like remotely decently made and you're serious about it, maybe try hitting him up to see about straight-up licensing it?

sadly i think hussie started spam filtering my emails ever since i sent him my 17-page katnep fanfic to ask for constructive feedback.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

sadly i think hussie started spam filtering my emails ever since i sent him my 17-page katnep fanfic to ask for constructive feedback.

the old hussie would've given u constructive feedback

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

xD

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
James Roach, who is NOT laid off, has confirmed that development on Hiveswap Act 2 is presently on hiatus with no reason given.

He seems certain that it's a matter of "when", not "if" production resumes, but who fuckin knows at this point.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Writer needs to tweet about Kavanaugh I imagine.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Bogart posted:

Writer needs to tweet about Kavanaugh I imagine.

tweetman is no longer employed on this project iirc, so that leaves him all the time he needs to tweet about politics

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Y'all are gonna be so mad when you learn that all the current writers are also on twitter

Some of them are even on tumblr

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
A thunderous "whatever" directed at the boundless void of indifferent shrugging.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i am troubled by the recently emerging information that a guy has done some tweets

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The crux of people being concerned about Cohen was that he had no body of work prior to Hiveswap. Only tweets. Hence, tweetman.

Of course most writers are on Twitter nowadays, but most writers have also, y'know. Written stuff.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

For fans, by fans

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Of fans.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Speaking of fanwork substituted for the actual Homestuck we shall never know again, what ever happened to that Homestuck spinoff comic that was made of non-canon guest artist stuff? I think the Paranatural guy did like a long stint on it?

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Paradox Space? Looks like they walled the last bits of it behind a physical book

Most of it wasn't very good, anyway.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Malpais Legate posted:

Paradox Space? Looks like they walled the last bits of it behind a physical book

Most of it wasn't very good, anyway.

Still annoyed we're never going to get a sequel to the Crowbar story.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Basically the comic wasn’t pulling enough money to pay all the people making comics for it.

Also, Homestuck returned shortly after it ended, so its original purpose of maintaining interest in the brand during the whateverpause was finished. And honestly I can’t even say Hussie himself cares about the IP given his reduced involvement with Hiveswap and the fact that his first post-Homestuck project was another sbahj book.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Pants Donkey posted:

his first post-Homestuck project was another sbahj book.
He didn't even write or illustrate it himself.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Scarodactyl posted:

He didn't even write or illustrate it himself.
Well duh. Everybody knows Dave Strider is the sole author of sbahj.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Pants Donkey posted:

And honestly I can’t even say Hussie himself cares about the IP given his reduced involvement with Hiveswap and the fact that his first post-Homestuck project was another sbahj book.

This doesn't quite add up, given that one does not generally enter a book deal consisting of no fewer than 5 volumes released over the course of several years with an IP one no longer wishes to be involved with. To say nothing of going through considerable amounts of effort and resources to put said IP through a thorough rebranding and future-proofing. If he really didn't care, one would think he'd have just sold it off and walked away entirely.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Given how synonymous Hussie is with Homestuck and MSPA on a whole, I wouldn't be surprised if the Viz offer required him to hang around.

Speculation!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

With the return of Freak Futa here's to hoping that Futastuck will also be returning shortly :toot:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Homestuck

is bad

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Can't wait to get my spoon

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Homestuck 2: Stuck Homer

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
homerSimpson [HS] has begun pestering carcinoGeneticist [CG]:

HS: need donut

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Stop making me miss homerstuck.

...it was, a shameful time.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Homer as Kanaya was just way funnier than it ought to have been. A classic blog.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

With the return of Freak Futa here's to hoping that Futastuck will also be returning shortly :toot:

don't count on it, i dont really care enough about homestuck to spend my time trying to make Arf angry

plus "return" is a strong word i just sometimes come to this thread to drive-by shitpost

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Scarodactyl posted:

Stop making me miss homerstuck.

...it was, a shameful time.

The amount the internet has changed over the last decade (and the world from it) makes looking back at the Homestuck era feel like looking at primitive pre-history, with cave paintings daubed in blood debating if different ships were problematic.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dolash posted:

The amount the internet has changed over the last decade (and the world from it) makes looking back at the Homestuck era feel like looking at primitive pre-history, with cave paintings daubed in blood debating if different ships were problematic.

this reminded me of one of my favorite low-key goofs in the comic: Nepeta's shipping cell for Karkat and Vriska, annotated with "oh nooooo"

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

this reminded me of one of my favorite low-key goofs in the comic: Nepeta's shipping cell for Karkat and Vriska, annotated with "oh nooooo"

even nepeta knew that vriskat was canon

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

even nepeta knew that vriskat was canon

based on their interactions i feel like they'd be that couple that are really uncomfortable to be around because theyre always telling each other how great it would be if the other was dead and how dogshit worthless the other is, but for some reason it seems to work so you just try to change the subject and talk about sports

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

The title of one of the tracks written for this latest edition of Friendsim is an ASCII image of Bowsette*.

Quoth the composer, James Roach: "poo poo like this is why some one had to step in and rename all the Hiveswap tracks for the OST"

*I'm assuming all of you are online enough that I don't need to explain who/what Bowsette is. Knowing this crowd, I wouldn't call this a safe gamble, but meh

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Roxy would appreciate Bowsette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

The title of one of the tracks written for this latest edition of Friendsim is an ASCII image of Bowsette*.

The title of the track is hundreds of punctuation marks with line breaks?