Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/world/australia/sydney-opera-house-horse-racing-ad.html

The Everest ad got international publicity-an article in the Times about the protests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Stevefin posted:

I would not get too excited, EA will just make it skins for their crappy C&C mobile game dota thing they tried to push, for those who who don't pay attention to gaming news EAs reputation is on par with our big banks right now, in that they can not help but make all the money no matter what
Which is a shame because EA used to be a logo for 'worth buying' (before the millennium).

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah when their logo was those three shapes and they went by electronic arts. But gently caress that's a long time ago.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-13/alt-right-plans-shake-up-of-mainstream-politics-in-australia/10368972

Change from within. But not the change you were looking for. More details on the story of alt-right infiltration to major parties.

Classical liberals

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/pm-to-jobseekers-take-up-farm-work-or-lose-welfare-payments

I’m on the dole. Does this mean I can be sent to a farm?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

ABC posted:

Non-government schools will be prevented from expelling gay students on the basis of their sexuality under new laws to be introduced by the Morrison Government.

http://abc.net.au/news/2018-10-13/morrison-government-vows-to-end-discrimination-of-gay-students/10372956

At least people Wentworth was able to spook them on that one.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

hambeet posted:

Yeah when their logo was those three shapes and they went by electronic arts. But gently caress that's a long time ago.

EA Games

challenge everything

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
If anyone knows any of these people please let them know I'm offering an open challenge to their pencil-neck fight club. Holy hell, these people get their ideas from 90-minute-long Sargon of Akkad videos, why do they think they're in shape enough to fight?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Frogfingers posted:

If anyone knows any of these people please let them know I'm offering an open challenge to their pencil-neck fight club. Holy hell, these people get their ideas from 90-minute-long Sargon of Akkad videos, why do they think they're in shape enough to fight?

They do "health supplements"

quote:

Mr Cottrell denies the club is a white supremacist organisation, telling Background Briefing it is nothing more than a community group.

He also said he is a regular member of the club and, as such, is not involved in any of the decision making processes.

Mr Jennings is among those who attend the club's fight nights every Friday.

He told Background Briefing his only reason for going there is to "buy health supplements

E Cottrell looks like he'd piss hit enough to boil an egg in. is that a saying? Should be

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 13, 2018

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Wait so we've gone from the religious freedom report almost certainly spelling certain doom for LGBTIQA+ people in religious institutions to the report actually observing that there is, in all likelihood, TOO much religious freedom in this country, to the detriment of LGBTIQA+ people, as well as non-Christian people's and as such we need to introduce better protections?

Did I sleep through a term?

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

Wait so we've gone from the religious freedom report almost certainly spelling certain doom for LGBTIQA+ people in religious institutions to the report actually observing that there is, in all likelihood, TOO much religious freedom in this country, to the detriment of LGBTIQA+ people, as well as non-Christian people's and as such we need to introduce better protections?

Did I sleep through a term?

Turnbull and others in this mess of a government haven’t really been lauded for their political judgment.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Why the gently caress is gambling legal and advertised EVERWHERE when it’s super destructive and addictive, but weed is illegal?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Because gambling doesn't stop you going to work. You go to work more and are more poor, making you a more perfectly compliant citizen.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Simon Holmes A Court posted a tweet mocking Cory Bernardi’s new nuclear proposal. The replies are full of misinformation and NIMBYism.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

JBP posted:

Because gambling doesn't stop you going to work. You go to work more and are more poor, making you a more perfectly compliant citizen.

It does when you get caught embezzling company money to fund it.

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies
From a couple of days ago, but:

GoldStandardConure posted:

The CEC: build nuclear plants in the desert, "wetlands" are a fraud invented by Prince Philip, Darwin was a Nazi, lets go to space, solar panels are the new Reichstag

Yeah my dad is in the CEC. I think i've talked about it a few times in the past, but they'll have some occasionally reasonable things interspersed with poo poo like "THE ASHKENAZI JEWS ARE BEHIND EVERYTHING" or "PRINCE PHILIP WANTS TO REDUCE THE WORLD POPULATION TO ONE BILLION AND REINSTITUTE FEUDALISM"

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hawaiian_robot posted:

Yeah my dad is in the CEC. I think i've talked about it a few times in the past, but they'll have some occasionally reasonable things interspersed with poo poo like "THE ASHKENAZI JEWS ARE BEHIND EVERYTHING" or "PRINCE PHILIP WANTS TO REDUCE THE WORLD POPULATION TO ONE BILLION AND REINSTITUTE FEUDALISM"

Reasonable Thing: regulate the banking and financial market sectors

Unreasonable Things: Literally everything else

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

Reasonable Thing: regulate the banking and financial market sectors

Unreasonable Things: Literally everything else

yep it's literally the only thing of theirs i agree with, the rest is loving bonkers

they believe in evolution, which is good, we're on the same page there, but somehow the laws of thermodynamics are completely wrong. and this isn't even getting into their politics.

hawaiian_robot fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 13, 2018

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I thought they were against evolution? They used to email my work email which was great because every Monday morning I would have a good dose of crazy to laugh at and start the week right, and they sure did hate Charles Darwin and blame him and his theories for Hitler.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I thought they were against evolution? They used to email my work email which was great because every Monday morning I would have a good dose of crazy to laugh at and start the week right, and they sure did hate Charles Darwin and blame him and his theories for Hitler.

If they're against evolution it's no wonder they were courting you. :v:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Knobb Manwich posted:

If they're against evolution it's no wonder they were courting you. :v:

I am the pinnacle of genetic perfection :colbert:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-13/alt-right-plans-shake-up-of-mainstream-politics-in-australia/10368972

Change from within. But not the change you were looking for. More details on the story of alt-right infiltration to major parties.

Wait so they take Fight Club literally?! :ughh:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

But they talked about it.:confused:

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Synthbuttrange posted:

turnbull fingers scomo is not a phrase I want to see

Is this why he got that very extensive all body wax?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Count Chocula posted:

Simon Holmes A Court posted a tweet mocking Cory Bernardi’s new nuclear proposal. The replies are full of misinformation and NIMBYism.

Nah mate bulding nuclear power in Australia and investing in the infrastructure and expertise required to run it doesn't make sense in the year 2018 sorry that you missed the boat by a couple of decades.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Oh gently caress it's count chocula. Probably should have looked at that before posting.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/viveka/status/1050962596134711296

Worth watching. You'll realise so little has changed in NSW and the nation.

https://twitter.com/DukeLathem/status/1049558118063984641

We don't know who did this, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Judith or she'd be droning on about how clever it is on catallaxy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mad Katter posted:

Oh gently caress it's count chocula. Probably should have looked at that before posting.

U got chocced

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
If they remake dune with drag selection capabilities i will loving pay for that and steamroll those harkonnen sons of bitches with my sonic tanks

cogito ergo incommo
Apr 2, 2010

ewe2 posted:

https://twitter.com/viveka/status/1050962596134711296

Worth watching. You'll realise so little has changed in NSW and the nation.

Says it all really:
'This is Australia...We have a beautiful country and all we need in it...We don't want culture. We don't need things like that.' (52.27)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Les Affaires posted:

Turnbull and others in this mess of a government haven’t really been lauded for their political judgment.

Well they've been sitting on the report so they realised something was up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

aejix posted:

If they remake dune with drag selection capabilities i will loving pay for that and steamroll those harkonnen sons of bitches with my sonic tanks

Dune 2000 sucked

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
MODS?!?

Also, check out OpenRA which is a remake of C&C1, RA1 and Dune 2000 in a new engine with some upgrades (build queue, build tabs) It isn't 1:1 remake but it is decent. You can import or download the music and cutscenes for what singleplayer missions have been remade so far.
https://www.openra.net/about/

Or cncnet if you want modded versions of the originals to work on modern systems.
https://cncnet.org/download

drunkill fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Oct 13, 2018

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

drunkill posted:

Or cncnet if you want modded versions of the originals to work on modern systems.
https://cncnet.org/download

A tip from your main man Anidav here:

https://cnc-comm.com/tiberian-sun/downloads/the-game/installer

Tiberian Sun has been freeware since 2010 and modders have made it work on Windows 10.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

lol that Turnbull’s genius plan to get the conservatives on side with gay marriage has gone entirely wrong, after a Pentecostal fuckwad is PM no less

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
C&C hasn't been good since RA2, maaaybe Generals.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
C&C:TD is good
C&C RA1 is average
C&C:TS is excellent
C&C RA2 is excellent
EA GAMES PRESENT C&C3 is good
EA GAMES PRESENTS Red Alert 3 is bad
EA GAMES PRESENTS C&C4 is very bad
Hope this helps.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
rear end bum titssssss
fair dinkum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
You forgot, C&C Renegade which was pretty kickass.

The multiplayer at least. Singleplayer features were cut and the original design for the game was better (a mix of splinter cell and what we ended up with)

• Locked thread