Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeJLkJ07NKI&t=232s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Besesoth posted:

I've never had a single delivery business ask for the CVC over the phone. They don't need it if they're using a standard system and aren't supposed to ask for it.

Maybe this is country-specific then, because literally every time I've used my card over the phone they've always asked for the CVV.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
https://twitter.com/BoingBoing/status/1049451889438408705

:iiam:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Yes, what a mystery indeed :thunk:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If only police were so open‐minded about how ordinary citizens came to possess incriminating things.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Obviously the wind blew the nazi flashlight into his car

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiO4Umd_6q0

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

chitoryu12 posted:

According to the full article it was 3 years of camgirl donations and he probably wrote the card down hearing his roommate order wings over the phone a lot.

So the real question is... how much money does this college kid have that it takes him 3 years to notice someone has paid $15k of his money to cam girls?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ZombieLenin posted:

So the real question is... how much money does this college kid have that it takes him 3 years to notice someone has paid $15k of his money to cam girls?

$5000 a year is about $416 a month, so a week's paycheck if he's making above $10 an hour and working full time. While I would say that's a pretty stupid amount to lose, I've known people who are just incredibly irresponsible and don't notice they're spending all of their money until they find that they have to scramble to pay rent. He may have just been a complete idiot with money in general to the point where a week's pay disappearing every month and he can't remember how is a common occurrence.

This is backed up by him not paying enough attention to his bank statements to notice thousands of dollars going to camgirls. Unless he was doing it too.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I figured his parents were putting money in his account and no one was really looking at individual charges, only the balances until they either had a discussion about how much spending was happening and figured out something was wrong or otherwise had reason to examine individual transactions, at which point they realized how much the roommate had stolen and went to the cops.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
even with I was young and terrible with money in college I still checked my account like once a week, if only to see how much cash I could withdraw to spend on beer and weed that weekend.

now I am an adult who is still bad with money but I check my account almost every day for the same reason

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

$5000 a year is about $416 a month, so a week's paycheck if he's making above $10 an hour and working full time. While I would say that's a pretty stupid amount to lose, I've known people who are just incredibly irresponsible and don't notice they're spending all of their money until they find that they have to scramble to pay rent. He may have just been a complete idiot with money in general to the point where a week's pay disappearing every month and he can't remember how is a common occurrence.

This is backed up by him not paying enough attention to his bank statements to notice thousands of dollars going to camgirls. Unless he was doing it too.

No one who is working full time and also attending Penn State (seemingly successfully) is going to be the type of person who doesn’t notice tens of thousands of dollars missing from their bank account unless they are astoundingly rich already

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The article in that picture says he came back after serving in South Korea, he probably wasn't checking his dormant account while overseas.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

sports version of 2018 Reading Rainbow sucks

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QLSRMoKKS0

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/vplus/status/1050881803450507264

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Man run over by lawn mower while trying to kill son with chainsaw.

:banjo:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sounds like a great slasher movie ending.

Eaten by the shared ancestor of Dee Reynolds and our own PYF mod. What a world.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The MSJ posted:

Sounds like a great slasher movie ending.

Eaten by the shared ancestor of Dee Reynolds and our own PYF mod. What a world.

you leave emmyok out of this you son of a bitch

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

you leave emmyok out of this you son of a bitch

I think you remember we have a mod that is Literally A Bird.

Unless she's not around anymore.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The MSJ posted:

you are not good at getting jokes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

calm down, im sure we can work this out if we just sit down and think about the implications

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Very understandable to anyone whose dad was extremely particular about lawncare

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The MSJ posted:

She is temporarily Wickedly a Bird, which is very fitting.

Edit for content:

https://twitter.com/TheNewsAtGlenn/status/523168706315440128

Absurd Alhazred has a new favorite as of 17:07 on Oct 13, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Absurd Alhazred posted:

She is temporarily Wickedly a Bird, which is very fitting.

Edit for content:

https://twitter.com/TheNewsAtGlenn/status/523168706315440128

thats a question with a darkness in its answer

in 2012 i knew someone who BLONS A DUMB DE THEN and we never spoke again

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/...ingawful.com%2F

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Well to be fair, it turns out it's a good way to scare off (some types of) birds.

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1051133782475120647

quote:

A raptor subject to this experiment would be minding its own business, searching for its next meal. Suddenly, it sees a pair of eyes glaring back at it. The scene fills the bird’s visual field. Worse, the eyes appear to be getting nearer. Thinking a collision with another bird is imminent, the raptor swoops away. The experience is probably unpleasant and unsettling enough to keep the birds away from the area.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Yes, that is going to be finicky and expensive to restore, but gently caress it’s hilarious

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Cracking up like blons a dumb at this

e: found this in the replies:

https://twitter.com/skillbo/status/523171076910886912

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

AlbieQuirky posted:

Yes, that is going to be finicky and expensive to restore, but gently caress it’s hilarious

They're gonna start arresting anyone with googly eyes

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Add googly eyes to all monuments imo. Mount Rushmore and the Washington monument just glaring down at everyone with jumbo googly eyes that jiggle all over the place when the wind hits them

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Isn't that bronze, or at least metal? Presuming it's just glue, it should be incredibly easy to wash off.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Isn't that bronze, or at least metal? Presuming it's just glue, it should be incredibly easy to wash off.

Removal may wreck the patina and if they’re dicks they can go after the prankster on that basis.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What if they are British

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Platystemon posted:

Removal may wreck the patina and if they’re dicks they can go after the prankster on that basis.

It absolutely will, even if it's a weak glue like Elmer's. Then some very skilled person who gets a high hourly rate will have to touch it up. Bronze is a goddamn wimp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It would be much cheaper to remove it, and keep in storage.... forever. :shrug: