Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

an oddly awful oud posted:

I know JPM is a legend and everything but he's been a complete dumbass all year in the Acura

This is most of his career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Poor JPM, thought of jet dryers and died

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

iospace posted:

Poor JPM, thought of jet dryers and died

lmao

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Of course, Mazda

Of course.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
Good thread title change

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

What happened to the Mazda? Just turned it back on.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

fucken Mazda

Norman Nato better do the big wiggle if his car wins

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

All the non caddies are gonna die again

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Kimoa Kid posted:

What happened to the Mazda? Just turned it back on.

Forgot to secure a tire.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
https://twitter.com/DefNotJake/status/1051154789550182401

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tristan Nunez would be dangerous driver with a car that doesn't spontaneously explode.

Mazda 1-2 with 3 hours to go, it would be something awesome if they could cap the year with a win, but I've now cursed them to be dead last by saying it.

E: Ferrari gonna Ferrari (Risi Competizione GTLM car Ferrari'd), FCY, pits closed :getin:

NOOOOOO ANTONIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO He slammed the wall coming out of the pits under yellow, punctured a tire, and potentially ruined Corvette Racing's championship bid

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 13, 2018

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

what the gently caress Corvette

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

And that's the championship for Corvette right there. Garcia behind the wall.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

and the other Vette just Russ Wheeler'd the Acura

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

This is fun

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Looks like the Mazdas are doing really well. They're 10s down but 2 seconds a lap quicker than everyone in front of them with 30m left, but they have more fuel, better fuel economy by a lap per stint, and are pushing where the other protos are in fuel save mode. Might be a 1-2 mazda finish if the Cadillacs need to lift and coast like I think.

Of course, the gods of racing cannot allow a Mazda prototype win, so they will break somehow.

E: CORE Autosport pit crew on the wall with 10 mins left, is he coming in for fuel?

Core Autosport in the pits, Felipe Nasr lapping slower than the GTLMs. Mazdas are 5 laps from the lead if they hold their pace. Derani locked up, lost time, Renger Van Der Zande into second poo poo is getting nuts!

Top 5 are within 6 seconds with 5 mins left

Leader has a fueler on the wall :ohdear:

Mazda's turned their cars up to full wick, they're a second a lap quicker than 2nd and first.

E: nevermind traffic conspires to stop that push lol, both mazda's got held up by GT traffic.

E: Mazda 2nd and 3rd! Filipe Albuquerque ran out of gas

It was really a close thing, if the race had been 1 lap longer, Mazda would have won because both Cadillacs were literally on 0 fuel.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 14, 2018

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

loving hell

Mazda was so close

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Leaders running out on the last lap rocks

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The fact that Mazda got 2 cars the full race distance and were able to perform at the end shows how far they've come since they swapped teams.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hell yeah WTR

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

orange juche posted:

The fact that Mazda got 2 cars the full race distance and were able to perform at the end shows how far they've come since they swapped teams.

yeah I'm real stoked for next season

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

RODNEY SANDSTORM BEEOTCH and also Renger van der Zande and RHR.

Cars running out left and right owns.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

gotta get the Weathertech boss's kid his TV time

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fauxhawk Express posted:

yeah I'm real stoked for next season

They got second and third but I'm pretty sure the Mazda paddock is going to be celebrating like they won the championship because this is the closest whiff of success in prototype they've had in years.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Fuji 6hr WEC race is starting now.
And that track is wet :getin:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
That was the best PLM since 2008.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Fuji WEC is already Chaos Race and we're only ~50 minutes in.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
That was so fuckin' great. What a sendoff to the Continental Tire era. Wish Mazda had got their first win but 2-3 is better than they've ever done in P regardless and there's a lot of reason to think next year could be even better. And I can't believe Corvette got the whole front end of the #3 replaced in under four minutes and saved their driver championship. Hot drat

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

an oddly awful oud posted:

That was so fuckin' great. What a sendoff to the Continental Tire era. Wish Mazda had got their first win but 2-3 is better than they've ever done in P regardless and there's a lot of reason to think next year could be even better. And I can't believe Corvette got the whole front end of the #3 replaced in under four minutes and saved their driver championship. Hot drat

Yeah watching the tires explode on the GTD cars was an appropriate end.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm way behind on my DVR binge-watch, but I love that Shredded Wheat is a primary sponsor of two cars, plus associate sponsorships elsewhere, in BTCC.

I get that's a brand name, but it's fun to imagine literal shredded wheat becoming sentient and ponying up sponsorship money for multiple cars somehow.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

FS2 closed their last broadcast with this montage:

https://twitter.com/SPEED/status/1051481388023656449

I still think Diffey/Calvin Fish/Dorsey Schroeder in the booth with Brian Till and Calvin Fish on pit road was one of the best racing broadcast teams I've ever listened to. Then they'd bring in Bob Varsha and David Hobbs for the Rolex 24 on the second crew and it was that much better.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mazda gonna Mazda, listen to this 9000 rpm N/A engine sing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imKiHM-ELy0

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

FS2 closed their last broadcast with this montage:

https://twitter.com/SPEED/status/1051481388023656449

I still think Diffey/Calvin Fish/Dorsey Schroeder in the booth with Brian Till and Calvin Fish on pit road was one of the best racing broadcast teams I've ever listened to. Then they'd bring in Bob Varsha and David Hobbs for the Rolex 24 on the second crew and it was that much better.

"22 years of IMSA", then most of the video is footage of Le Mans or Grand Am :smugdon:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Shows how much attention fox sports paid to road racing

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Basticle posted:

"22 years of IMSA", then most of the video is footage of Le Mans or Grand Am :smugdon:

It even included Speed GT and Touring Car, Aka the current Pirelli World Challenge series. Nice.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Basticle posted:

Conti posted a video that was mostly GTLM using michelins.

So glad that two of the worst parts of the series are gone for next year.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

How hosed up is it that when i saw a corner worker was killed at a Laguna Seca track day this weekend my first thought was "I hope the rich assholes who live there dont use this as an excuse to shut it down"

https://jalopnik.com/corner-worker-killed-in-track-day-crash-at-laguna-seca-1829758997
https://racer.com/2018/10/15/corner-worker-dies-in-accident-at-weathertech-raceway-laguna-seca/

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

in SHOCKING news that NOBODY knew about in advance, the Lexus program is indeed transitioning over to Vasser-Sullivan. staying 2 cars.

https://twitter.com/vsindycar/status/1052230475971010566

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I like those cars despite myself.

They just sound wicked and the livery looks nice as hell in person. Shame the car is balls ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

I like those cars despite myself.

They just sound wicked and the livery looks nice as hell in person. Shame the car is balls ugly.

The Lexus is up there with the Merc AMG and Bentley in the “best sounding GT3 cars” stakes.