Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seltzer posted:

I loaded up on 30 If Fornals from 13-14K. Potm sbcs and other bigger sbcs coming up. He's a decently high rated IF and links to all the poo poo high rated sbc fodder spanish guys like iniesta and busquets.

Looks like he's regularly going for 20-24k now (on Xbox). Are you trying to sell now, or holding out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

RCarr posted:

Looks like he's regularly going for 20-24k now (on Xbox). Are you trying to sell now, or holding out?

He's only being bought to be used up so his price wont really ever drop from 20k. I'm gonna wait assuming he gets around 30k when la liga potm is a thing.

Anyways a couple days ago the game just clicked for me and I've been doing really well. I went 8-1-0 with this squad since I built it.

I build most of my fast attacks up the right, the semedo gelson connection is unreal. Gelson is great for cutting in on tight angles as well. I use Brahimi as an outlet to do some close dirbbling and pick out a more precision pass or cross. Aboubakar reminds me if IF Farfan last year except with 5 star skills (shooting not as great but still good). Physical, skillful, can shoot can pass, can run, he's so good. Pizzi is just a flat out underated card 4*4* and has that defense I like on my central CAMs in a 433 (4). The most surprising thing is that my defense has been so drat solid (better than my money serie a defense) . Dias and Pepe don't leap off the page especially with 68 pace but they lock it down while the fast/dribbling fullbacks chase wingers and start attacks. I think a key might be that pepe and Dias both have ~95 aggression. I've noticed that helping a lot. Pepe has always been solid every year though. Herrera does a job and while Simoes is nothing special having a very fast CM that can defend is great in a 433. Hopefully some portuguese CMs will get special cards.

This game is far from perfect but a huge part of me enjoying it this year is that wide formations are actually good again after 17 and 18's narrow pass spam fest. It Doesn't feel like any formation or even player archetype is as overly "op" as previous years. Players like ben yedder giovinco etc cannot be the main st in a 433 anymore because they are too weak and I like that. Physicality is back.

e- Inaki williams is probably the best NIF stiker under 85 rated and you all should have him as a super sub especially if you're low on coins

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 12, 2018

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm really itching to try out Lewandowski this year, trying to figure out how to build a team around him though because I'm not terribly thrilled by the options at LB/RB in the bundesliga.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

:homebrew:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Haha nice, any other tips?

I did make a decent amount on like 30 gundogans that I was holding from rewards day that I bought for 5k that I sold for 10.5 each

I'm sitting on like maybe 800-900k now but that includes a couple weeks worth of rewards

Apparently they're doing Bundeslga POTM which means I think it's going to be Reus, which means IF Paco Alcacer might be a good investment I think?

I would also say Witsel but I think he's already temporarily risen because of the Hazard in form maybe? He went from like 2500 to 4500 yesterday apparently

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 13, 2018

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

Haha nice, any other tips?

I did make a decent amount on like 30 gundogans that I was holding from rewards day that I bought for 5k that I sold for 10.5 each

I'm sitting on like maybe 800-900k now but that includes a couple weeks worth of rewards

Apparently they're doing Bundeslga POTM which means I think it's going to be Reus, which means IF Paco Alcacer might be a good investment I think?

I would also say Witsel but I think he's already temporarily risen because of the Hazard in form maybe? He went from like 2500 to 4500 yesterday apparently

I got a few ideas I'll post in here after I've shifted fornals off at 29k.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I took the coins from my Div Rivals pack this time around, feels good honestly.

I then did the MM SBCs and packed both Gabriel Jesus and Fernandinho :getin:

I decided to sell them both, as I'm not sure I want to continue with the PL as my secondary squad.

Sitting at 250k and not sure how to proceed. Will probably just keep grinding before I buy Lewandowski and some other big names.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Whoa holy poo poo I didn't know rewards got this good,

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Tzen posted:

Whoa holy poo poo I didn't know rewards got this good,

Nice!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tzen posted:

I took the coins from my Div Rivals pack this time around, feels good honestly.

I then did the MM SBCs and packed both Gabriel Jesus and Fernandinho :getin:

I decided to sell them both, as I'm not sure I want to continue with the PL as my secondary squad.

Sitting at 250k and not sure how to proceed. Will probably just keep grinding before I buy Lewandowski and some other big names.

One good thing to do is buy a bunch of like 4-5k players on Sunday a few hours after rewards hit then sell them the next day for 1k more, you can probably make a pretty easy 20% every Sunday in 24 hours

Same on Thursday when rewards hit

Really good players go up because people are spending their new coins on them, everyone else goes down because people are just packing and immediately putting them up

I dunno what the cutoff is, I would say players above like 80k or so go up and the rest go down. Somewhere around there.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Help I got this game to play while I’m job seeking. All I know about football games I know from playing FM since the 90s. Is there a video series online somewhere on the subject of “how to play defense that is not a spaghetti strainer” because uh yikes I won a bunch of single player FUT games and hopped online, bad decision.

https://twitter.com/LuigiThirty/status/1051387240365117440

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Luigi Thirty posted:

Help I got this game to play while I’m job seeking. All I know about football games I know from playing FM since the 90s. Is there a video series online somewhere on the subject of “how to play defense that is not a spaghetti strainer” because uh yikes I won a bunch of single player FUT games and hopped online, bad decision.

https://twitter.com/LuigiThirty/status/1051387240365117440

Try searching for fut 19 defense tutorial on youtube. Krasi and Ovvy have good tips. Although Krasi himself annoys the poo poo out of me I've definitely learned stuff from his videos.

e: Is anyone else thinking of doing Flashback Juanfran? Seems like he could genuinely be a good RB for the rest of the season until TOTS hits.

Elliptical Dick fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 14, 2018

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Lewandowski acquired. I sold Cavani, who I really love a lot so far tbqh, to get Lewa into this new version of the squad I had Cavani in.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Do I want to know how much this guy I played has spent IRL to get a La Liga FUT with 93 OVR and 100 chemistry? I have 2 players above 80 :mad:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Is La Liga more expensive than Premier? It’s extremely cheap to get a 100 chem team of 82 rated players.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Do I want to know how much this guy I played has spent IRL to get a La Liga FUT with 93 OVR and 100 chemistry? I have 2 players above 80 :mad:

Are you in your first week? While his squad is ridiculous I'm at 83 overall and 100 chem and I've spent a fiver on a couple of what turned out to be useless packs plus what I got with the game (origin access so the ultimate edition) but mostly through my end of week bonuses.

And I'm useless at the game.

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/6fLIQn6 any ideas on a good left back who will fit my squad? After that I'm saving for a top top striker to replace morata.

Masonity fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 14, 2018

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Masonity posted:

Are you in your first week? While his squad is ridiculous I'm at 83 overall and 100 chem and I've spent a fiver on a couple of what turned out to be useless packs plus what I got with the game (origin access so the ultimate edition) but mostly through my end of week bonuses.

Yeah, I just got it. I don’t doubt the game throws rewards at you but yikes.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Masonity posted:

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/6fLIQn6 any ideas on a good left back who will fit my squad? After that I'm saving for a top top striker to replace morata.

Andy Robertson would be good for your squad. I like Ben Davies though he's a good cheap option.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Masonity posted:

The two main issues with your squad right now is the midfield and the formation imo. I just dont find the 41212(2) good this year. Secondly your CMs are basically Cams you moved back. They are weak and defensively suspect. Your Cdm is also not really suited for the role, his strength height and defense is too low. If you want to stick with that formation move gundogan to CM, sell cesc and ozil, and get in some new faces at CM and CDM. For a cheap option Ndidi (CDM) and Seri (CM) are good replacements. If you want to drop some more coin look at Fabinho (CDM) and Dembele (CM).

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Hey so big shock Lewandowski is a loving god this year.

He hits finesse shots that shouldn't have a chance over and over and over again, it's great.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Seltzer posted:

The two main issues with your squad right now is the midfield and the formation imo. I just dont find the 41212(2) good this year. Secondly your CMs are basically Cams you moved back. They are weak and defensively suspect. Your Cdm is also not really suited for the role, his strength height and defense is too low. If you want to stick with that formation move gundogan to CM, sell cesc and ozil, and get in some new faces at CM and CDM. For a cheap option Ndidi (CDM) and Seri (CM) are good replacements. If you want to drop some more coin look at Fabinho (CDM) and Dembele (CM).

It's a 4-3-1-2 and doesn't have a CDM? Or do you mean I should be using a CDM position changed in that central slot?

What formations are worth trying out?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Seltzer posted:

lol I didn't even look at the rest of the squad. yeah listen to this guy you have more important issues to fix than your LB.

e: you just beat me to it. In formations that don't have CDMs it pays off to have CMs that are defensively capable because they still need to protect your backline. You want guys that have the speed to track back and decent defensive skills, mostly interceptions and tackling in my experience. Fabregas and Ozil are useless in this regard and Gundogan isn't great either defensively. Herrera and Seri are better options.

As for formations I'm still playing around with a bunch of different ones. The 4-3-2-1 seems to be working well for me but only because all 3 CMs I use have decent speed and are reasonably good defensively. If you are having trouble on defense I'd recommend the 4-2-3-1. Wide or narrow doesn't really matter as long as your two CDMs are good at defending as well as moving the ball.

As has been mentioned in the thread before the 4-3-3 (4) is good this year as well.

Elliptical Dick fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 15, 2018

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hopterque posted:

Hey so big shock Lewandowski is a loving god this year.

He hits finesse shots that shouldn't have a chance over and over and over again, it's great.

poo poo I keep reading this elsewhere as well. I think I'll just buy him. Although I just bought Neuer so now I'm at 200k and Lewandowski would kill my coins.

I suppose I can sell Neuer, but man Hrad/Leno/etc. were such garbage for me the past week. It's hard to go back.

Side note, can someone who's friends with me on PS4 send me a Rename Club token or whatever? I used my one and only on a gimmick name and am tired of it already.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Meant to ask you guys earlier... Has anyone tried any of the 3 ATB formations and if so how have they been?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Elliptical Dick posted:

Meant to ask you guys earlier... Has anyone tried any of the 3 ATB formations and if so how have they been?

I have not but I'm gameplanning one. Essentially I messed around with a real goofy 41212 wide to see how it was this year and it was ok. However I found subbing on IF mandzukic at halftime and telling him to join the defense was really effective and confusing for the opponent. Gives you a defensive bonus in a generally exposed formation and Mandzukic was still in good positions to score on offense. I want to build an expensive serie a 352 around that idea. I just need a good pacey striker to pair off with mandzukic and options are limited. Mertens would be great but that's expensive.

Speaking of expensive I just bought 20 IF Stuanis for 12.5k, 20 Hofmanns for 13.5k, 20 Alcacers for 14k, and 10 Ospinas for 11k. The real smart buy of the week was 84 IF Howedes for the Bundes POTM at 14-15k but the word got out I guess and he moved up. Stuani is 83 rated and can be used in liga Potm, Hofmann is german can be used in the Bundesliga potm(which will probably be Reus), Alcacer is at Reus' club. Ospina is a whatever buy, he's discard and the only good colombian keeper so he'll rise slowly, but not amazingly, off of that. I think you can't lose on Stuani 12-13k and Hofmann 13-14k. Those are my tips right now. If Howedes comes down to 14-15k though that's the best buy.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 15, 2018

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Happy that i both got gold 1 again this week with 2 games to spare (that I didn't play since there are no monthlies anymore) and also that I correctly predicted one of the cards that Seltzer would say is a good investment so maybe I'm learning some poo poo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Oooooh I just discovered the squad builder challenges (and the web app by extension) and it's way easier to manage my squad with that, plus it has a bunch of challenges that let you flip trash you'll never use for some better players to get you started. Unless getting rid of a bunch of 55 OVR strikers from reward packs is a trap somehow.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Happy that i both got gold 1 again this week with 2 games to spare (that I didn't play since there are no monthlies anymore) and also that I correctly predicted one of the cards that Seltzer would say is a good investment so maybe I'm learning some poo poo

I got gold 1 as well, I wasn't even planning to finish all my games this weekend but I started 9-0 on friday and wound up getting all of them done pretty late last night.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Seltzer posted:

I have not but I'm gameplanning one. Essentially I messed around with a real goofy 41212 wide to see how it was this year and it was ok. However I found subbing on IF mandzukic at halftime and telling him to join the defense was really effective and confusing for the opponent. Gives you a defensive bonus in a generally exposed formation and Mandzukic was still in good positions to score on offense. I want to build an expensive serie a 352 around that idea. I just need a good pacey striker to pair off with mandzukic and options are limited. Mertens would be great but that's expensive.

Speaking of expensive I just bought 20 IF Stuanis for 12.5k, 20 Hofmanns for 13.5k, 20 Alcacers for 14k, and 10 Ospinas for 11k. The real smart buy of the week was 84 IF Howedes for the Bundes POTM at 14-15k but the word got out I guess and he moved up. Stuani is 83 rated and can be used in liga Potm, Hofmann is german can be used in the Bundesliga potm(which will probably be Reus), Alcacer is at Reus' club. Ospina is a whatever buy, he's discard and the only good colombian keeper so he'll rise slowly, but not amazingly, off of that. I think you can lose on Stuani 12-13k and Hofmann 13-14k. Those are my tips right now. If Howedes comes down to 14-15k though that's the best buy.

Cool, I'm going all in on those tips of yours although my coin reserves only allowed me to buy 6 Stuani's, 5 Hofmanns and 3 Alcacers... Oh well. Guess that solves the problem of whether to do Flashback Juanfran or not since I don't have the cash for it now

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seltzer what platform do you play on by the way?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

xbox

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Masonity posted:

Your midfield is SOFT as poo poo friend. If you are going to do that kind of formation you need proper box to box mids, with good physical stats and at least one proper CDM destroyer. Gundogan is your only proper box to box mid and even he usually plays a bit more forward. I would either have Ozil or Mikhi upfront, you can't have both in the mid, i would personally use Mikhi since he has the better overall physical stats and his passing stats would basically equal Ozils with an appropriate chemistry card.

Fabregas is honestly trash, can't believe he is at loving 8K. Any of these guys would be better and cheaper:
https://www.futbin.com/19/player/263/Ander%20Herrera/
https://www.futbin.com/19/player/483/Georginio%20Wijnaldum/
https://www.futbin.com/19/player/3952/Jean%20Micha%C3%ABl%20Seri/

I haven't used him, but this would definitely be my CDM of choise for an EPL team, until i could afford Fabinho
https://www.futbin.com/19/player/962/Abdoulaye%20Doucour%C3%A9

I'm suprised I haven't seen him a ton online, he seems like a proper undervalued beast.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Fabregas is up because of the hazard sbc

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

So I took the threads advice and ended up with this.

https://imgur.com/a/UL4Rg6B

I've kept gundogan and morata as subs but let ozil and cesc go to fund the changes. I had to change my defence too to keep chemistry.

I'm still learning the formation but it is a lot more solid in the middle.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Masonity posted:

So I took the threads advice and ended up with this.

https://imgur.com/a/UL4Rg6B

I've kept gundogan and morata as subs but let ozil and cesc go to fund the changes. I had to change my defence too to keep chemistry.

I'm still learning the formation but it is a lot more solid in the middle.

That's cool, now is the time to sell cesc anyway even if you want to buy him back later

Also, there's a crazy SBC going on this month, costs 800k but you get to pick 1 of 5 Prime Icons

I have no idea if it's actually worth doing cause like you could just end up with some garbage and have an 800k tradeable player but it's already made the worst discard inform floor at 13k

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Big Mario rules.

His strength is amazing ^ and he always comes up clutch with goals and assist. The 352 with him is working well so far, I just need to do some more tweaking.

e- Also I completed all the teams for the turklig and CSL SBCs. I hope I get some good options. I might do MLS and Serie A later.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Christ this game is hard :( I have a non-garbage squad now, meaning I need to figure out how the hell you actually play this game in a non-garbage manner. Blah blah all my through balls go to the opposition, I'll have 55% possession and 2 shots on goal, etc etc.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

How’s Son? Thinking of picking him up for a 4-4-2 with Lucas on the opposite side.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Kingfish posted:

How’s Son? Thinking of picking him up for a 4-4-2 with Lucas on the opposite side.

he's amazing like every year basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I played a guy who was just constantly dribbling with skill moves 90% of the time. He was almost untouchable with the ball. The only way I could get possession was if he did something really stupid, or missed a shot. I somehow ended up winning 2-1, but I had absolutely no business winning that game. I would literally be throwing 2 or 3 defenders at him as he dribbled at the top of my box for 10-20 seconds at a time, and I couldn't touch the ball. It's crazy when you experience someone with a skill level that is just completely in a different tier. I guess I should youtube some skill move tutorials, because I would be god like if I could dribble like this guy.