Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I'm late but I'm genuinely surprised there are people still in the dark (heh) about dark souls.

I held off on getting the PS4 version so I hope the switch version isn't a mess.

I can't bother to find it but whoever said that darks souls 2 was better is a criminal. and that other guy having a meltdown about getting cursed is such a throwback.

smoother online, much easier co-op, and the sheer variety of viable weapons and builds make dark souls 2 way more fun than 1 and i hope it gets a remastered switch port too somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Eat the rich.

They always want the ladder pulled up behind them.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I just remembered we’re gonna get Luigi’s Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Bayo 3, and potentially Metroid Prime 4 next year at the very least. Next year is gonna own bones

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I just remembered we’re gonna get Luigi’s Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Bayo 3, and potentially Metroid Prime 4 next year at the very least. Next year is gonna own bones

And the next mainline Pokemon.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

*Tyler the creator cyber bullying tweet but about that Zelda romhack.*

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Luigi’s Mansion, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Bayonetta, Fire Emblem, Yoshi's loving World, Daemon x Machina and Metroid is a brain-melting amount of Nintendo games presuming all of them actually come out in 2019. Presuming a lot with Metroid and Bayonetta on the list but I'd think at least one of them makes 2019. That plus dumping all those Final Fantasy games on the Switch means they'll be having a good year ahead.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

A 'reboot'?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

That plus dumping all those Final Fantasy games on the Switch means they'll be having a good year ahead.

Which Final Fantasy titles are coming to Switch?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Achmed Jones posted:

Everybody buy child of light so that it’ll maybe get a sequel some day

That game is so good

I think I played it on WiiU and it never grabbed me

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Like all of them, from 7 onward.

Except 8.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Note they're all cell phone ports.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I said come in! posted:

7, 9, 10, 10-2, 12, World of, Crystal Chronicles, and Chocobo Mystery Dungeon More Friends edition

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I said come in! posted:

7, 9, X, X-2, 12, Crystal Chronicles HD, World of Final Fantasy Maxima, and Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Everybuddy

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Al Borland Corpse posted:

7, 9, 10, 10-2, 12, World of, Crystal Chronicles, and Chocobo Mystery Dungeon More Friends edition

That's great, I could go for FF9 again. It has been a while since I played it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Any chance they'll do a diablo bundle or would they have announced that by now?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

7, 9, X, X-2, 12, Crystal Chronicles HD, World of Final Fantasy Maxima, and Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Everybuddy

Is it okay that I am most excited for Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon? Is that a good series? I've heard of those games but have never played them.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hey here's an idea square Ennis, how about 1-6, Chino trigger, seiken de b setsu trilogy, secret of Evernote, tactics and tactics advance.

Autocorrect take the wheel

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I want this game, oh wait, i think it came out already as sleeping dogs.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Is it okay that I am most excited for Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon? Is that a good series? I've heard of those games but have never played them.

Have you ever played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? It's like that but with Final Fantasy monsters.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hey here's an idea square Ennis, how about 1-6, Chino trigger, seiken de b setsu trilogy, secret of Evernote, tactics and tactics advance.

Autocorrect take the wheel

Unfortunately any potential port of FF 5 or 6 is going to be a version with the godawful mobile sprites

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Kingtheninja posted:

Any chance they'll do a diablo bundle or would they have announced that by now?

Like with a Switch? They probably would have announced already.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Andrast posted:

Unfortunately any potential port of FF 5 or 6 is going to be a version with the godawful mobile sprites

Hey maybe they learned their lesson, after they did the same with Chrono Trigger on Steam and everyone complained so much that they actually fixed it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hey maybe they learned their lesson, after they did the same with Chrono Trigger on Steam and everyone complained so much that they actually fixed it

The versions of FF5 and FF6 on Steam are the ones with the godawful mobile graphics too

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I can't believe you made me read this

with my own two eyes

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The Switch is a total garbage failure until it gets an F-Zero game.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
fast rammers x

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Frankston posted:

The Switch is a total garbage failure until it gets an F-Zero game.

Unfortunately this is correct.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
By the way, they delayed the European release of the Switch version of The Missing to Halloween. If you're in Europe and you want to play the game, definitely just pick it up on the US store.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo5wu82FA0h/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1kji7oo7mxpfd

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm still not sure what The Missing is

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Achmed Jones posted:

Everybody buy child of light so that it’ll maybe get a sequel some day

That game is so good

Gimme a half assed review of it because I am thinking I might get

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Your Computer posted:

I'm still not sure what The Missing is

It's a Swery game. More specifically, it's a puzzle platformer in the vein of Limbo or Inside about a queer woman looking for her missing girlfriend. The primary puzzle mechanic in the game is that the protagonist, J.J. Mackfield, can heal herself from any injury, so you'll need to injure yourself to proceed. For example, a couple puzzles I ran through last night involved lighting J.J. on fire to burn some vines, and one instance where I needed to slice J.J. up to where she's just a head to get through a tight area.

It's cool and weird. The story is told primarily through text messages on J.J.'s phone.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I have no idea what a swery is but thanks!

Kinda looks like someone's first Unity project but I guess it's more of a narrative sort of game?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Your Computer posted:

Imagine if David Lynch became (more) anime

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Your Computer posted:

Kinda looks like someone's first Unity project but I guess it's more of a narrative sort of game?

Swery is Hidetaka Suehiro, otherwise known as Swery65, a game director who makes cool, really weird games. He's mostly well known for making Deadly Premonition, a game with a really spectacular Twin Peaks feel to it. Another noteworthy game he's behind is the spectacularly bizarre D4, a cool episodic game that's never going to get finished.

And yeah, I'd say it's mostly a narrative game.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Your Computer posted:

Check out supergreatfriend's Let's Play of Deadly Premonition from eight years ago.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Child of Light: If you’re the type of person to get annoyed by everyone talking in rhymes, don’t get it. I was on board with everything else about the game but that One Thing ruined it for me

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm taking a break from monhun to see what this Soloman's Key game is.

Edit: that's enough! Back to monhun.

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 14, 2018

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

i think it's where castlevania games get all their enemy names from

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
I'm currently without home internet, what kind of service will i need to play smash online? Would a10mbps connection be enough if I'm the only user?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Wildtortilla posted:

It's great but Save State with reckless abandon. I really like it and I'm honestly pretty impressed with the block mechanic. Had a fun little afternoon playing NES Online with my brother-in-law who didn't get Switch online. Dr. Mario is real good, we had fun with Balloon Fight, River City Ransom, and were both pleasantly surprised with Tecmo Bowl. He seemed pretty intrigued by Golf, though I personally am not a fan. I'm playing more Legend of Zelda than I care to admit, and Soloman's Key has got me pretty hooked.

King of Solomon posted:

It's a Swery game. More specifically, it's a puzzle platformer in the vein of Limbo or Inside about a queer woman looking for her missing girlfriend. The primary puzzle mechanic in the game is that the protagonist, J.J. Mackfield, can heal herself from any injury, so you'll need to injure yourself to proceed. For example, a couple puzzles I ran through last night involved lighting J.J. on fire to burn some vines, and one instance where I needed to slice J.J. up to where she's just a head to get through a tight area.

It's cool and weird. The story is told primarily through text messages on J.J.'s phone.

I'm going end up watching some footage to see how exactly the mechanic is used, but I've got to say... that sounds kind of disturbing.