Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

this was a banner week for GB khantent. They saw this thread was closed and summoned their gamer power.

Only tangentially related but Danny also made a Bloodborne video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kls-1IA4Og

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wanted the N-Gage so badly when I was 10 lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Legit impressed with the N-Gage version of THPS.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Game Room Jeff rears his head in this, you can see him visibly trying to not quit Virtua Cop because he didn't take a hit on the first stage and wants to log a high score.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
https://twitter.com/jbu3/status/1050518671406317568/

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This is my Jungler room

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat the hits just aren't stopping this week!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUlK0xmW6VE&t=7631s

2:07:11 if t doesn't work. I didn't know there was a new flight club video

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

Brad has probably spent more time discussing Destiny than anyone I know has actually spent playing it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Brad has probably spent more time discussing Destiny than anyone I know has actually spent playing it.

His lust for loot is all-consuming

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

His lust for loot is all-consuming

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

his whole face lights up when destiny's the topic and then he just kind of slouches quietly for the rest of the cast its kind of disturbing

i remember he gave up on mario odyssey in a few hours lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh god I can't believe we're only 6 weeks away from another round of GOTY podcasts.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Oh god I can't believe we're only 6 weeks away from another round of GOTY podcasts.

:pray:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Haven't listened to any of their podcasts in a year but assuming God of War is the frontrunner?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's gonna be RDR2 probably.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

spb posted:

Haven't listened to any of their podcasts in a year but assuming God of War is the frontrunner?

GoW will be top 3, Spiderman will make the list, Destiny 2 Forsaken will make 9th/10th place after Brad threatens to slit his own throat live onstream, and forza will not make the final 10

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thinking about it myself outside of monhun I haven't played too many spectacular games this year that stuck with me like Nier, Mario, etc did. And all the stand outs are games from 2017 I didn't play until this year like Yakuza 0 and BOTW

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I'm sure I'll love DQXI when I finally play it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

GoW will be top 3, Spiderman will make the list, Destiny 2 Forsaken will make 9th/10th place after Brad threatens to slit his own throat live onstream, and forza will not make the final 10

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

It's gonna be RDR2 probably.

Not with Jeff around

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Thinking about it myself outside of monhun I haven't played too many spectacular games this year that stuck with me like Nier, Mario, etc did. And all the stand outs are games from 2017 I didn't play until this year like Yakuza 0 and BOTW

My standouts this year are definitely DQXI and Yakuza Kiwami 2 but I also played a bunch of amazing stuff from past years like Mario Odyssey, Phoenix Wright, SOMA and Symphony of the Night

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Not with Jeff around

Rockstar still has time to add a 3-round burst automatic rifle to the game as DLC

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Early Access games are allowed this year, so maybe some sweet indie pixel roguelite action will make it on there too.

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

In Training posted:

Early Access games are allowed this year, so maybe some sweet indie pixel roguelite action will make it on there too.

In that case, Dead Cells might be pretty far up the list.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DQXI is my GOTY easily

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Azram Legion posted:

In that case, Dead Cells might be pretty far up the list.

Didn't Dead Cells hit 1.0/release this year?

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

esperterra posted:

Didn't Dead Cells hit 1.0/release this year?

Ah, yeah, true - although I don't remember that meaning much. It was a very good game in EA already, in my o.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I say this about something ever couple of weeks but this is the best content gb has done in a while, dont sleep

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/gbe-playdate-total-distortion-10122018/2300-13667/

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

DQXI is my GOTY easily

It’s either this or monster hunter for me. Maybe Ni no Kuni. This was a great year for jrpgs in general.

I am just now finishing up Persona 5 and am still mad about last years GOTY

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

DQXI is my GOTY easily

Same so far. Unless Hitman and red dead top it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

My prediction: all of the good games will be ignored or forgotten entirely, and the top ten will be banal AAA games and Indie Treasures that were all forgotten within a week or two of their launch.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

DQXI is my GOTY easily

same and thats in a year of really great games

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

quoting this for later.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

My official Giant Bomb Top Ten 2018 Predictions
11. Just Cause 4
10. Battlefield V
9. Fallout 76