Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN2CvTUyFCg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When the goomba stair montage hits.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They're unstoppable this year.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

simply incredible.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 23, 2021

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
The magic number is down to 21, friends

Also the N64 Zelda speedrunning community is actively researching low A press. I believe Majora's Mask is down to the mid-60s and includes a few "wait several days" steps

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The song of time involves pressing A twice so that's kinda interesting actually

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
PC game A-button challenges when? Seems like quite a few games you can beat without strafing left.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Dr. Stab posted:

PC game A-button challenges when? Seems like quite a few games you can beat without strafing left.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i actually think it's good to press the A button

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

little munchkin posted:

mods???

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

little munchkin posted:

That's A-bleist as hell. Not everyone can be a jump man like Mario. When I go to work and there's a block in my way I can't just jump over it, I need to take the goomba staircase.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Brutakas posted:

That's A-bleist as hell. Not everyone can be a jump man like Mario. When I go to work and there's a block in my way I can't just jump over it, I need to take the goomba staircase.

Haha, yeah...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Brutakas posted:

*bicycle kicks your nose bone into your brain*

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think what's so great about this particular video is pannen made videos about both of the big new tricks years ago as possibilities that couldn't be figured out at the time. But they never give up on anything and people finally found out how to make both of them feasible. It's such an awesome combination of so many different pieces of information compiled and experimented on over several years.

I love this project

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah. There's similar videos of other tricks for TTC that are potentially feasible in one of the endless movement variants provided by the random setting that I think somebody is just letting a computer brute force for years until another press is saved.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Regy Rusty posted:

I think what's so great about this particular video is pannen made videos about both of the big new tricks years ago as possibilities that couldn't be figured out at the time. But they never give up on anything and people finally found out how to make both of them feasible. It's such an awesome combination of so many different pieces of information compiled and experimented on over several years.

I love this project

when that one tech showed up in the wii vc version of the bowser level platform slowly bouncing higher and higher i cynically thought "wii vc doesnt matter what are you doing" but then immediately going forward pannen started including that information in his videos, no judgement, just more important info

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Proof of concept for another A press save

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5s8QLj2_mk

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This video was uploaded like an hour after a video where he went "yeah I had this idea but couldn't get it to work, maybe somebody will make it work someday"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Inspirational image.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

after pannen dies, people will study and train on mario 64 for decades and decades trying to find something he hadn't already discovered in vain. it will come to be considered an exercise in futility, that he knew every last corner and glitch, across all forms and emulations, that's it, so long gay bowser. one day some hot shot, someone who's been living since the old days, will find it, the one shaved A button press that the Master missed, the one secret coin that was never found... but he'll keep it to himself and take the secret to his grave. on his death bed, next to a portrait of a shuttlebug, he'll chuckle as he watches one of the videos, say "thank you so much-a for-to playing my game," and that will be the final end, the last accomplishment, of TJ "henry" yoshi.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Inspirational image.

:worship:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

In Training posted:

Inspirational image.

this owns lmfao

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Bicyclops posted:

after pannen dies, people will study and train on mario 64 for decades and decades trying to find something he hadn't already discovered in vain. it will come to be considered an exercise in futility, that he knew every last corner and glitch, across all forms and emulations, that's it, so long gay bowser. one day some hot shot, someone who's been living since the old days, will find it, the one shaved A button press that the Master missed, the one secret coin that was never found... but he'll keep it to himself and take the secret to his grave. on his death bed, next to a portrait of a shuttlebug, he'll chuckle as he watches one of the videos, say "thank you so much-a for-to playing my game," and that will be the final end, the last accomplishment, of TJ "henry" yoshi.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's hard getting excited about tolling rocks memes after reading his essay about how the process of making that video basically ruined his life

Like, not from getting too popular afterwards. Actually making the video itself

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

Inspirational image.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

cheetah7071 posted:

It's hard getting excited about tolling rocks memes after reading his essay about how the process of making that video basically ruined his life

Like, not from getting too popular afterwards. Actually making the video itself

How did making the video ruin his life

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mr. Sophistication posted:

How did making the video ruin his life

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K4OTAyampX1CueKyZUIunz0yIUYd3ldlQxv37oaySgs/edit

Question 18

tl;dr he made it during a severe bout of depression (or something similar) and the process of making it exacerbated it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Inspirational image.

drat. I'm going to work out today

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K4OTAyampX1CueKyZUIunz0yIUYd3ldlQxv37oaySgs/edit

Question 18

tl;dr he made it during a severe bout of depression (or something similar) and the process of making it exacerbated it

Holy poo poo what a read

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite detail squirreled away in there is that he records all these TAS strats while lying down in bed.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Was reminded of pannenkoek's pencil friends today
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/3nfgyt/what_do_you_like_to_collect_and_whyserious/cvnlru2/
I hope they are doing fine to this day. maybe he could add them to the FAQ.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

quote:

• I had a pencil named Rachel that none of the other pencils liked. I lent her out one time, and she was never returned. I was happy about that.

lmao. I love pannenkoek

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

b_d posted:

lmao. I love pannenkoek

sincx posted:

Pannen is a national hero

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN

cheetah7071 posted:

Question 18

he's very ulillillia

i hope some day his mud dreams come true

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

that ivy guy posted:

Was reminded of pannenkoek's pencil friends today
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/3nfgyt/what_do_you_like_to_collect_and_whyserious/cvnlru2/
I hope they are doing fine to this day. maybe he could add them to the FAQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy0UpRIncYM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

b_d posted:

lmao. I love pannenkoek