Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I just plugged in my headset and said “Hey Cortana” and that worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Beastie posted:

I just plugged in my headset and said “Hey Cortana” and that worked.

Yeah, that's true, you've been able to do that for a while, the new stuff replaces Kinect.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/cortana-voice-commands

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Oh so you say hey Cortana, not Xbox. Got it.

derk
Sep 24, 2004

Laserface posted:

Oh so you say hey Cortana, not Xbox. Got it.

I turned cortana off, hate talking to it because, 1. the kinect would randomly think i was talking to it when i wasnt and same for cortana, it is all broken bullshit gimmick

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I think my Xbox and Siri combined have misheard me maybe 3 times since those services existed. The voice functions in OG bone dashboard worked pretty well. Though you'd want it to given it was this huge powered microphone with a fan in it.

Played a bit of wolfenstein II last night and my boneX got quite loud. Pretty game.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
We have to basically yell to get Kinect to hear us

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
This whole exclusive situation is tragic. Cortana play Despacito.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
voice commands suck but I was sad when they changed it to cortana because saying my gt stopped triggering voice for randoms

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Is everybody excited for the new gamerscore-based crypto coin? :v: https://voncoin.club

quote:

Von Coin gives you the chance to ‘Reclaim What’s Yours’. Game publishers, eSports stars and uninterested celebrities are all rewarded for the time gamers put into their games but why aren’t you? By getting brands and publishers to sponsor auctions within the Von Coin app with exclusive limited edition products, we give them the chance to do just that.

The Von Coin app is a blockchain based app that gives Xbox One users the power to mine crypto-coins from their TrueAchievements to spend on these auctions.

You basically get allocated these Von Coins based on your TA score (which is a figure based off your gamerscore) and can use them in sponsored auctions.

More details:

quote:

Hi guys - I run Von Bismark Labs, who will be launching the Von Coin app. Just to go through some of your comments/ queries above.

- We have spoken to people at Xbox about this initiative and have their blessing.
- The Von Coins will be ethereum based utility tokens, but will not be tradeable for any fiat currencies. So their only value will be what you can exchange them for on the Von Coin platform. The private beta will not be attached to the coins. The coins will be issued in the public beta in the new year, but all of your accrued coins in the app will be exchanged for the real coins in the public beta.
- From that point you will be able to send and receive coins with friends as you choose.
- You will be able to spend these coins in auctions on the Von Coin app.
- We will never 'sucker' you in to spending money on something. The only thing you need to do to earn coins is get TA verified achievements.
- The products you will bid for with your Von Coins will be provided by sponsors. Our pitch to sponsors is simple - we have a bunch of committed gamers who we can prove love playing video games. Why not build awareness of your product/ game/ app by providing this audience with real products they value. In return you get to promote your new release to the audience.
- We want to create a model that works for both ends. You the gamer get rewarded for your time and attention and the sponsors get the attention they want from you.
- To make sure that people don't get crazy numbers of TA Score and coins when games come out there is a 14 day delay on your locked in score. So 14 days after you do the achievement we pull the balanced out TA score and exchange that for Von Coins. The reason we teamed up with Rich and the guys and TA is they are much smarter than us when it comes to achievements, so we've been working closely with them to build a system that is fair and consistent for the issuing of coins.

Hopefully that answers some of your questions. If you have any more i'll be here to talk!

Eoghan - Von Bismark Labs

Will be interesting to see if it takes off and/or turns out to be a crypto scam. TrueAchievement is a legit good website for what it's worth.

Edit: full thread: https://www.trueachievements.com/n34773/earn-rewards-for-unlocking-achievements-with-the-von-coin

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Oct 13, 2018

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i cannot believe that my controller still has to be resynched to my console every single time i power it on. and yes the drivers are up to date.

i can only assume it's because i live in student housing and there's a lot of interference or something? it is loving annoying as poo poo, and sometimes like just now it takes a whole bunch of attempts for it to actually connect.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Fanatic posted:

Is everybody excited for the new gamerscore-based crypto coin? :v: https://voncoin.club

You basically get allocated these Von Coins based on your TA score (which is a figure based off your gamerscore) and can use them in sponsored auctions.

More details:

Will be interesting to see if it takes off and/or turns out to be a crypto scam. TrueAchievement is a legit good website for what it's worth.

Wow, I need to loving stay away from TA in the future.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fanatic posted:

More details:

Edit: full thread: https://www.trueachievements.com/n34773/earn-rewards-for-unlocking-achievements-with-the-von-coin

Anything crypto coin based is a scam by its very nature.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Given the number of gamers that actually think gamerscore/achievements at all matter, I can see this having a brief bubble.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's not even a cryptocurrency, it's not decentralized. It's funbux TA gives you when you earn achievements that you can spend on "deals" they push to you. Smart way to get idiots excited about a lovely rewards program though

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm disappointed with Horizon 4 multiplayer. It's only S class cars and broken up into two teams of 12 players total. :/ Unless you have 12 friends to play with whenever you feel like multiplayer, the online modes of Horizon 4 are a complete bust.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

acksplode posted:

It's not even a cryptocurrency, it's not decentralized. It's funbux TA gives you when you earn achievements that you can spend on "deals" they push to you. Smart way to get idiots excited about a lovely rewards program though

It's blockchain based, so it is a cryptocurrency, in the strictest sense. Just because it's not mined doesn't mean it's not a cryptocurrency. Like XRP.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Given the number of gamers that actually think gamerscore/achievements at all matter, I can see this having a brief bubble.

There was a brief time when you could use gamer score to buy stuff right?

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Doesn't "blockchain based" just mean that everyone's computer or Xbox or some poo poo is keeping track of everyone else's gamerscore?

Cryptocurrency in general was just a PC gamer nerd version of all the incredibly complex bullshit Wall Street thought up to make money without doing anything because the government couldn't understand it in order to know how to regulate it until it was too late.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Finster Dexter posted:

It's blockchain based, so it is a cryptocurrency, in the strictest sense. Just because it's not mined doesn't mean it's not a cryptocurrency. Like XRP.

I have no doubt they said all the necessary magic words to get the attention of crypto fetishists. Can I contribute to that blockchain? If not then it's not really a cryptocurrency. If a credit card processor decided for some reason to use a private blockchain as their processing backend, that would not turn USD into a cryptocurrency. XRP has a distributed ledger that I can run my own node on and help process transactions. TA is going to be the sole issuer *and* redeemer of von coin. They give you the coin in exchange for your achievements, and you can only spend the coin on their catalog of deals. These are goddamn Marlboro points.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

I know they had contests where you could win things and there was the the Xbox Live Diamond card both of which I did and had because thank you avatar the last airbender and King Kong: The Movie: The Game

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
What the hell is diamond?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Unbreakable.

*cues up savage garden*

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Yeah, I expect it would close within months due to lack of sponsor interest and therefore lack of items to auction, if it makes it out of beta at all.

Real hurthling! posted:

You used to be able to get a slight rebate in the Xbox store depending on how high your gamerscore was, but I think it was only 2% rebate at the most and you needed to be over 25,000 GS to get it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Monday_ posted:

What the hell is diamond?

It was a membership program that originally I think requires a gamerscore threshold and subscription to xbox live, then cost money (I dropped it when it cost money because laffo). You got discounts to gamestop which is how I used it the one time I did it, in addition to a random grab bag of crap like arbys, sirius radio and some sound equipment?

Barudak fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 14, 2018

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

I said come in! posted:

I'm disappointed with Horizon 4 multiplayer. It's only S class cars and broken up into two teams of 12 players total. :/ Unless you have 12 friends to play with whenever you feel like multiplayer, the online modes of Horizon 4 are a complete bust.

Alert Alert! Retarded Opinion Detected! The Quoted Poster is Absolutely Cucked Out!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Reminder: if there is anyone who reads this thread who doesn’t want to post with the broken brain idiots who want to discuss blockchain or whatever the gently caress they do in this thread, and instead actually talk about Xbox, come post here. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856132&perpage=40

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i cannot believe that my controller still has to be resynched to my console every single time i power it on. and yes the drivers are up to date.

i can only assume it's because i live in student housing and there's a lot of interference or something? it is loving annoying as poo poo, and sometimes like just now it takes a whole bunch of attempts for it to actually connect.

Not that it'll help, but there's a new console update but I had to update manually through Settings. Otherwise I'd try switching the power mode to the opposite of what you have it at.

Speaking of which, the new update has the new Avatar editor so I just got done making mine and I've never seen somebody so happy to have their hand replaced by a hook.

There's a bunch of free items in the purchase area if you want to look like a Warframe dildo head, not that anyone will ever see your avatar anyway.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Alert Alert! Retarded Opinion Detected! The Quoted Poster is Absolutely Cucked Out!

Why are you so intent on ruining this perfectly fine thread for the discussion of the Xbox One?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

This isn't an opinion though? Like, this is exactly how the Horizon 4 multiplayer is. What I said is completely factual unless someone wants to explain where the other multiplayer modes are. Team adventure is literally all there is, and it's S class only.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fanatic posted:

Not that it'll help, but there's a new console update but I had to update manually through Settings. Otherwise I'd try switching the power mode to the opposite of what you have it at.

i have the new console update and tried both standby and full power off. i can only surmise that the connection issues are due to a lot of interference and there's likely nothing i can do about it other than moving out, which won't happen until i graduate in june.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Hmmm :thunk:

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

I said come in! posted:

This isn't an opinion though? Like, this is exactly how the Horizon 4 multiplayer is. What I said is completely factual unless someone wants to explain where the other multiplayer modes are. Team adventure is literally all there is, and it's S class only.

When you drive up to a race on the map and start it you get asked whether you want to play solo, pvp, or co-op and if you choose one of the multiplayer ones it will start a lobby for that race. PvP is multiplayer with no drivatars and co-op is a team race of humans vs drivatars

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maybe I just need to give it a try but that doesn't sound very user friendly. I wish the options menu had hoppers like Forza has always had.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I pre-ordered RDR2 for Xbox One X just now, it shows the install size as 88.57GB. So a little bit smaller than the supposed 105GB being thrown around.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

I said come in! posted:

I pre-ordered RDR2 for Xbox One X just now, it shows the install size as 88.57GB. So a little bit smaller than the supposed 105GB being thrown around.

does that include a day 1 patch

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

PS4 is listed as 105, Xbox is 88. I really wanna know what the difference is.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BattleTech posted:

That 105 figure is probably subject to change since it was like 2 months ago it was leaked right?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

BattleTech posted:

almost certainly just uncompressed audio for regions where the xbone version shouldn't be worth the increase in file size right

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

BattleTech posted:

Texture compression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The 105 is likely an "extra space needed to patch" thing, I doubt the final install sizes will differ significantly. Either that or the Dualshock 4 button prompts are, like, loving huge.

Also on a somewhat different topic, I'm all of a sudden noticing that a handful of new-on-home-video movies are suddenly not getting 4K releases at all, either on disc or digital, with regular Blu-ray effectively being the highest quality version that will be available. We might be looking at a home format with a shorter lifespan than Blu-ray 3D.

univbee fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 15, 2018