Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

Starbrand was killed in Marvel Legacy #1. He went nutso because of the The Final Host.

Oh yeahhhhhh

Oh well rip kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I enjoyed Pleasant Hills. And more fuel to the Maria Hill is terrible fire.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

Starbrand was killed in Marvel Legacy #1. He went nutso because of the The Final Host.

Did they ever do anything else with Avengers 1 million BC? I know they showed up again in Aaron's first issue of Avengers but I'm reading Marvel mostly on Unlimited so I haven't reached that part yet.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Skwirl posted:

Did they ever do anything else with Avengers 1 million BC? I know they showed up again in Aaron's first issue of Avengers but I'm reading Marvel mostly on Unlimited so I haven't reached that part yet.

Yeah I think there were flashbacks during the first story arc of Avengers. I'm still holding out for a mini-series.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

I think the death of the new Quasar was meant to be a tongue in cheek reference to diversity. Oh no! A formerly white male hero has relinquished his powers and name to a woman! Finally we have a hero that the people have been... oh wait... she's dead. Nevermind.

Which is unfortunate because that's how legacy characters should be done. No one cares about dusty old Wendall anymore so just repackage Quasar as something new. If nothing else use her to balance out Carol. Carol is an older, wily veteran hero with a rabid fanbase, that has been places and done things, who makes Hard Choices and does things like this. Then here comes April, a young inexperienced newbie fresh out of nowhere who goes with Gut Feelings and does things like this.

Think of all the great super hero rivalries: Hulk and Thing, Captain America and Iron Man, Spider-Man and Human Torch, Cyclops and Wolverine. All dudes. Give us two cosmic lady sparklefists constantly trying to one up each other and prove their worth.

Civil War III: Catfight

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I don't know how to feel that the new iron fist book is just evil dead 2 the comic book but it's kinda funny

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Heathen posted:

I think the death of the new Quasar was meant to be a tongue in cheek reference to diversity. Oh no! A formerly white male hero has relinquished his powers and name to a woman! Finally we have a hero that the people have been... oh wait... she's dead. Nevermind.

I feel like Avril might've been a casualty of the same rapid, somewhat thoughtless rewrites that defined the last two-thirds or so of Secret Empire. There was no particular reason to spend that much time setting her up, to give her a girlfriend and the beginnings of a backstory, only for her to unceremoniously detonate on a fool's errand.

That being said, Wendell Vaughan has died something like four times (Maelstrom dismembered him in his own book; Annihilus capped him during the run-up to Annihilation; he dies during Infinity Gauntlet; and Magus reverses the Ultimate Nullifier onto him in the '90s Infinity War) and come back, and Avril went up in a conveniently massive explosion with no body left behind. I'm not too nuts about a dead Quasar because it appears to come with the name.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

site posted:

the new iron fist book is just evil dead 2 the comic book

... I'm listening...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's pretty accurate actually. I mean not exactly but the tone of it is very similar and a few plot beats. The art is not my cup of tea exactly but I think it fits well for the story.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Guardians of the Galaxy (future version) probably had the right idea of putting the bands on Silver Surfer. Quasar had a really cool power but there just aren't the good stories to justify continually bringing the character back (and I say that as someone who liked Quasar).

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rejected Alex Ross F4 proposal
https://twitter.com/thealexrossart/status/1051124483090735104

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That was rejected and instead we're getting red skinned native American stand ins

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

"gently caress that poo poo, let's give it to Dan Slott."
-Someone somewhere

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Goddamn we were loving robbed.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Was Ross going to write it as well as illustrate?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Was Ross going to write it as well as illustrate?

I'm sure he had a partner, he usually has somebody on board to handle scripting.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
That splash page makes me weep that we’re not getting it.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Rick posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy (future version) probably had the right idea of putting the bands on Silver Surfer.

When was this?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That's from the Jim Valentino Guardians from the 90s.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Tortuga posted:

When was this?

1994 or so.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

No way Ross was going to stick to monthly interiors.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

site posted:

I don't know how to feel that the new iron fist book is just evil dead 2 the comic book but it's kinda funny

This is a good thing. How is this not a good thing?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Little Mac posted:

No way Ross was going to stick to monthly interiors.

Maybe not monthlies, but instead do ff as one of the new digital oversized books to allow him some lead time and just have him do the first year as like The Big Return run or something

Gatts posted:

This is a good thing. How is this not a good thing?

I mean, it's funny, but it's also so obviously ed2 that it almost feels like a ripoff

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's not like the promoted artist jumping off after one arc is a rare thing any more.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Ross doing designs, cover work, and story ideas with a partner would have been good for FF. When he did it with the JSA at DC those were good stories and designs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm getting increasingly irritated that we didn't get that F4 instead of the garbage they're currently printing.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Garbage. C'mon.
I'm very much looking forward to the next ish with a promised fight featuring everyone who's ever been an FF member.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Garbage. C'mon.
I'm very much looking forward to the next ish with a promised fight featuring everyone who's ever been an FF member.

I tapped out and won't be back because 1-2 were absolute poo poo.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

This is the most Kirby thing I've seen in years

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I tapped out and won't be back because 1-2 were absolute poo poo.

Good now you can shut up about it and the rest of us can continue enjoying a good book.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Garbage. C'mon.

Is it called Fantastic-Verse?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Good now you can shut up about it and the rest of us can continue enjoying a good book.

Nah, I'm sure someone will post more terrible things from it that I can be smug about.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Adnor posted:

This is the most Kirby thing I've seen in years

Colour wise maybe. But my man have you seen the work of one Tom Scioli.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

https://twitter.com/tomscioli/status/1027266779331158017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also his other FF tribute, Final Frontier:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

I would totally read an ff version of grand design, marvel why you loving up so bad

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I would be massively on that. Marvel got my money for Piskor they’d get my money for Scioli too. Release that stuff at an ultra premium price but gimme all of it.

I’d also like some Marvel Fiffe and Farinas. Fiffe could draw some Shield series and Farinas could draw literally anything I don’t care I love his stuff.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Also his other FF tribute, Final Frontier:

Shouldn't they be playing this in a spaceship? One preferably orbiting another planet?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Jordan7hm posted:

I hadn't! Will have to check him up, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're playing it on the roof of their headquarters.