Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Rod always makes me sorta sad because he is such a broken piece of poo poo. like that article that talks about his childhood and how his family were weird backward nuts and he escaped as a arty theater kid and then he comes back and feels guilty that his abusive family looks down on him so he becomes some backwards psycho who believes in daemons and hates himself and anything that reminds him of his "worldly" past.
It's even like, they were provincial and resented his cosmopolitan aspirations but they weren't religious nuts as I remember it -- when the guilt brought him back he went above and beyond in overcompensating and that just made him a different kind of outsider to them.

Saw some reply to a tweet mentioning him a while ago that referenced an "Orthodox blog scandal" of few years ago like it was a Thing and implied it had something to do with maybe outing Rod (which is the entire subtext of everything he writes and his entire life story), anybody know what that was about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Rod has moved on to Coptic Orthodoxy and Nestorianism by now.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea like they say a lot Rod would be a genuinely very pathetic (as in inspiring pity not as a burn) dude if he wasn't such a HUGE bigot who works to actively make the lives of others worse because of it. Like, I get it. I'm a gay city dwelling failson and I have a not minor branch of my family that's old school east european rural and those thankfully not immediate family do sneer about how city folks and americans are such pussies and all who don't know how to be men. That sucks, it can make you really bitter.

Just do what I do and get destroyed on moonshine and fistfight a cousin whenever there's a family reunion, don't try to demonize an entire segment of the population and say they don't deserve rights and dignity? Just get drunk and fight like the rest of us white trash.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Uranium posted:

Rod has moved on to Coptic Orthodoxy and Nestorianism by now.
God I miss the Billiards Fool voice

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
The best Rod thing was when he tweeted about being sexually traumatized by a bunch of bullies who made fun of his dick, giving him a humiliation and degradation fetish for the rest of his life.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I loving howled at Matt’s “me and my cousin hosed Kate Upton’s nephew” line

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I loving howled at Matt’s “me and my cousin hosed Kate Upton’s nephew” line

I ran that back a few times because I wasn’t sure that’s what he said. I hate to say it but I don’t get it :(

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

I ran that back a few times because I wasn’t sure that’s what he said. I hate to say it but I don’t get it :(

They make a lot of jokes about guys who think they’re going to gently caress Kate Upton by playing phone games with commercials starring her, but because it’s the Catholic Church they’re loving a child related to her. I think.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

They make a lot of jokes about guys who think they’re going to gently caress Kate Upton by playing phone games with commercials starring her, but because it’s the Catholic Church they’re loving a child related to her. I think.

yep, it was a combination compulsive liar / pedo joke

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

It's even like, they were provincial and resented his cosmopolitan aspirations but they weren't religious nuts as I remember it -- when the guilt brought him back he went above and beyond in overcompensating and that just made him a different kind of outsider to them.
Rod's family lived in small-town Louisiana, but sneered when he cooked them bouillabaisse. They were incredibly spiteful white trash who I guess ate mayonnaise on cold hard bread out of spite. Rod would indeed be very sympathetic if he wasn't such a crazy hateful piece of poo poo.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Halloween Jack posted:

Rod's family lived in small-town Louisiana, but sneered when he cooked them bouillabaisse. They were incredibly spiteful white trash who I guess ate mayonnaise on cold hard bread out of spite. Rod would indeed be very sympathetic if he wasn't such a crazy hateful piece of poo poo.

I wonder if there was something he did to make them poo poo on his soup. Maybe he was a condescending rear end in a top hat about it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Halloween Jack posted:

yeah. he is just broken little man who pushes all his anger(some of it justified for the poo poo he went through) on innocent people and minorities, he probably gets off to it which is why he goes deeper and deeper.

prefect posted:

I wonder if there was something he did to make them poo poo on his soup. Maybe he was a condescending rear end in a top hat about it.

maybe. but you would be surprised how loving awful these some white trash dipshits can be.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

prefect posted:

I doubt it. He all but jerks off about what a hard-working gritty salt-of-the-earth Real American his dad (and by extension all rural conservatives) is.

More likely he was all meek and defensive about it, which only made his hick father hate him all the more for being such a wuss.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/Trillburne/status/1050772611859406848

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hahahahaha

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

feminae emptrices sunt *nods sagely*

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

I love this mewling bullshit because that dead dude would have decorated his workspace with stuff from his loved ones if any of this was true, matt's conclusion about him and what he valued was spot on

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

cat doter posted:

I love this mewling bullshit because that dead dude would have decorated his workspace with stuff from his loved ones if any of this was true, matt's conclusion about him and what he valued was spot on

This, and Chait's revealing how much he suspects his co-workers absolutely despise him.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
folx... we have to talk about the G-word

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1051291913272389633

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1051295380112138241

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
ADCs of the world unite

You have nothing to lose but your lanes

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
she will be the first gamer president. inshallah.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Oh look AOC is bad now... she had a good run.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

uber_stoat posted:

she will be the first gamer president. inshallah.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Senator, what are your thoughts on the Torbjorn rework?

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
posting to say the chapo book thoroughly owned and i enjoyed laughing my rear end off repeatedly at poo poo like going to a VR bank and being served by a 9ft tall spyro with huge tits

edit better explanation

Blowdryer fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 14, 2018

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Blowdryer posted:

posting to say the chapo book thoroughly owned and i enjoyed laughing my rear end off repeatedly at poo poo like going to bank with a 9ft tall spyro with huge tits

I don't think I've finished the first chapter yet (reading it slowly), but I have found it very pleasant and populated with jokes that I enjoy. :thumbsup:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

prefect posted:

I don't think I've finished the first chapter yet (reading it slowly), but I have found it very pleasant and populated with jokes that I enjoy. :thumbsup:

I haven't read it yet, but a couple friends have skimmed it having no knowledge of Chapo and enjoyed it, so I guess my friends are p cool.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i liked the movie blob thing, it made me laugh. though i have to say, those types never liked assassins creed.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
The audiobook is good. Seems each guy narrates their own parts, so you get a more Podcastish feeling on the jokes. It's surprisingly informative too, much better than the Daily Show and Colbert books. Nothing will top Our Dump Century though

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I enjoyed all the jokes that are obviously written by Felix

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea real glad I went with audiobook for mine, having them all read their bits was a smart idea.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Chicago live show: When Amber said "that vest is way too bataclan" I spit a mist of Corona all over the people in front of me

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CaptainJuan posted:

Chicago live show: When Amber said "that vest is way too bataclan" I spit a mist of Corona all over the people in front of me

please tell me what led to that because there's like nine ways that's a banger joke

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

sexpig by night posted:

please tell me what led to that because there's like nine ways that's a banger joke

Matt was wearing a John Popper vest of harmonicas

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CaptainJuan posted:

Matt was wearing a John Popper vest of harmonicas

oh god a secret tenth option that was better!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CaptainJuan posted:

Best joke of the night was “Polish People circumcise their babies on rocking chairs”

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Henchman of Santa posted:

Best joke of the night was “Polish People circumcise their babies on rocking chairs”

I don't know if I'll ever get tired of Polack jokes. :allears:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

prefect posted:

I don't know if I'll ever get tired of Polack jokes. :allears:

You're going to love today's episode of what A Time To Be Alive

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band