Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

toasterwarrior posted:

no lie, mournghouls are legit loving creepy to look at

they were even creepier to watch in action

those arms are fuckin' long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Can’t wait for my zombie gun lines :shepface:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Zombie gun-line seems so amazingly...stupid and fun.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I want the blunderbusses/handcannons. That's a new type of ranged weapon right? Curious how it works in super-clumped rat formations.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The cannons getting grapeshot and the mortars quicklime sounds interesting. I love the gunpowder factions and the Coast seems to lean into it super hard which is great

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Fans posted:

The cannons getting grapeshot and the mortars quicklime sounds interesting. I love the gunpowder factions and the Coast seems to lean into it super hard which is great

They also get a special powder unique mechanic.

I can't wait to see how they play. They look fun as hell.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

quote:

This unit may be given dual ammo functionality similar to the elf bolt throwers (explosive/quicklime).

:gonk:

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Quicklime sounds familiar, but I can't remember what's special about it...

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Queen Bess looks loving amazing. I cannot wait to just drop that on any and everything.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Queen Bess reminds me of Big Bertha from Total Annihilation, i love huge cannons.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Ravenfood posted:

Queen Bess looks loving amazing. I cannot wait to just drop that on any and everything.

Delerion posted:

Queen Bess reminds me of Big Bertha from Total Annihilation, i love huge cannons.

yea. wanna shoot dat cannon

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Stephen9001 posted:

Ye olde napalm, I think.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
yeah now i know this dlc is worth it just because the goddamn zombie pirates of all things are warhammer have the most guns

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Mordja posted:

Ye olde napalm, I think.

It's what we threw in the mass graves in 'Nam

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
You actually shoot this quicklime into your own ranks, to help stave off undead scurvy.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
No real cavalry, as expected. They seem like they'll play similar to dwarves? Except that instead of magic resistance and tanky infantry, the Coast leans into expendable tarpit zombies and even better artillery options than the dwarves. They seem like a direct counter to lizards (and, to a slightly lesser extent, high/dark elves and chaos), but will struggle against the mobility factions (beastmen especially, probably bret and wood elves too?). VC vs. the other VC seems like a very interesting matchup.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Stephen9001 posted:

It's both caustic and highly reactive with CO2.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

orangelex44 posted:

VC vs. the other VC seems like a very interesting matchup.

Excuse me, but I must insist that you call it VC vs VSea

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

If you're thinking about Quicklime remember it was obnoxiously strong and weird in Empire/Napoleon.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

orangelex44 posted:

No real cavalry, as expected. They seem like they'll play similar to dwarves? Except that instead of magic resistance and tanky infantry, the Coast leans into expendable tarpit zombies and even better artillery options than the dwarves. They seem like a direct counter to lizards (and, to a slightly lesser extent, high/dark elves and chaos), but will struggle against the mobility factions (beastmen especially, probably bret and wood elves too?). VC vs. the other VC seems like a very interesting matchup.

I think High Elves and Wood Elves will be their toughest match-ups, with Bretonnia coming close. The bow units will probably have a very good time against their mobs, infantry and monsters - everything is lightly-armored and the heavily armored units are either slow or large, which makes for good targets for AP missiles - and they can hard-counter the few mobile units in the VP roster.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Randarkman posted:

That bloated corpse unit kind of looks like the big baby things from Nothing But Trouble.

Oh you mean Lil Debil and his brother?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Uhh shouldn't Noctilus also have access to lore of the Deep, or is that a CA addition and as such they make the call who gets it? Seems weird for the master of the Galleon's Graveyard to not have that Lore but ok I guess.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

KazigluBey posted:

Uhh shouldn't Noctilus also have access to lore of the Deep, or is that a CA addition and as such they make the call who gets it? Seems weird for the master of the Galleon's Graveyard to not have that Lore but ok I guess.

As a von carstein I think him having lore of vamps makes more sense

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Quicklime shells were available in Empire Total War for mortars so that's probably why they sound familiar.

They tended to do more damage to your FPS than the enemy plus once you got explosive shells there was no reason to use anything else.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

I love these dumb undead pirates they've got it all:

- gunpowder
- disposable frontline
- big cannon
- long arm friends
- wet
- large crabs
- ghost
- doesn't rely on tricky bastard horse for victory, unlike dullard empire
- not a bunch of dumbass tiny shitheads (dwarfs)

It will ease the anxiety about the fate of the rest of the Skaven roster. I just want to be able to play Fall of the Samurai But With Rats. Jezzails/ratling guns/posion wind mortars WHEN, CA.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

i doubt the zombie gunners will be crack shots. more like a goblin skirmisher effectiveness. maybe powerful shot but slow reload, low accuracy.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

They tended to do more damage to your FPS than the enemy .
The new competitive meta has been decided.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Ammanas posted:

i doubt the zombie gunners will be crack shots. more like a goblin skirmisher effectiveness. maybe powerful shot but slow reload, low accuracy.

I hope they're like Handgunners but with worse accuracy, which is how they were briefly described in the stream. Just take all the guns all the time

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

ZearothK posted:

I think High Elves and Wood Elves will be their toughest match-ups, with Bretonnia coming close. The bow units will probably have a very good time against their mobs, infantry and monsters - everything is lightly-armored and the heavily armored units are either slow or large, which makes for good targets for AP missiles - and they can hard-counter the few mobile units in the VP roster.

I think the HE matchup depends on what the exact ranges of things are. The Coast can bring a *lot* of guns, which are all AP and should decimate your average HE goon assuming the Coast's artillery range is enough to force the HE out of playing passive. Of course, the HE player can just go with a bunch of skirmish cav and ignore infantry entirely, so you're probably right now that I think about it more. Actually, how *is* the Coast supposed to deal with skirmish cav?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

orangelex44 posted:

I think the HE matchup depends on what the exact ranges of things are. The Coast can bring a *lot* of guns, which are all AP and should decimate your average HE goon assuming the Coast's artillery range is enough to force the HE out of playing passive. Of course, the HE player can just go with a bunch of skirmish cav and ignore infantry entirely, so you're probably right now that I think about it more. Actually, how *is* the Coast supposed to deal with skirmish cav?

They have a decent amount of stuff with charge resistance IIRC. Like those ghosts.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

orangelex44 posted:

helf artillery is pretty close to the best anti-artillery sniper in the game.

coast has slow/net spells, handgunner units and hounds.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
You can always compensate for low accuracy with more dakka!!

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Ghost Lady has a metal as hell backstory :black101:

For the people who didn't watch the stream: The captain of ship Cylostra was riding wanted to turn around but she refused to be late to her concert so she grabbed him by the throat, tossed him overboard, and drove the ship into the heart of the storm with her standing on the bow trying to dispel the storm with her voice. Now she seeks to drown Ulthuan so she can finally perform for the Phoenix King.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Shame we didn't get to see Queen Bess fire.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ThingOne posted:

For the people who didn't watch the stream: The captain of ship Cylostra was riding wanted to turn around but she refused to be late to her concert so she grabbed him by the throat, tossed him overboard, and drove the ship into the heart of the storm with her standing on the bow trying to dispel the storm with her voice. Now she seeks to drown Ulthuan so she can finally perform for the Phoenix King.
Sign me up.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So I'm guessing there'll be a campaign walkthrough this week, then early access for Prominent Youtube Personalities next. Hope they reveal the "mystery" FLC Lord soon.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

ThingOne posted:

Alright, becoming a crazy pirate ghost with apocalyptic plans solely so you don't miss your goddamn important concert is pretty good.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

orangelex44 posted:

They mentioned in the stream that not all of the guns will have a lot of AP. Supposedly that's why the Living Sartosan people are useful for Saltspite, because they provide early AP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Night10194 posted:

Alright, becoming a crazy pirate ghost with apocalyptic plans solely so you don't miss your goddamn important concert is pretty good.

that is so wonderfully stupid