Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

'competitive' d&d is so drat dumb because your success is so reliant upon others (DM, other members) and unless you want to get DM tips or see how a new campaign/class/etc plays out, watching d&d seems insufferable

I'm reminded of my dark past as a 15 year old in IRC free form roleplaying rooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
hi just bought a $60k vehicle that doesnt have a working glove compartment, AMA

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1051893818071629826

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

tenderjerk posted:

hi just bought a $60k vehicle that doesnt have a working glove compartment, AMA

where am i supposed to put my driving gloves

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Al! posted:

china is bad but i really am finding it funny when americans warn of the dangers of them replacing the us

China being better at Economic Imperialism than the US is funny, imo.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

lol was Scott trying to do some John Adams type midnight judges?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I bought a car and instead of a car i got a pair of wheels attached to a dude making horn noises!!!!

cc:elonmusk #fixthis #lovetesla

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

so he was indeed murdered and dismembered got it

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmoa :d2a:

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Addamere posted:

Have you considered getting rid of the managers? They don't seem to do anything useful.

a week before i got laid off my boss told me that i wouldnt be a good game designer if i didnt respect the managers more

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

China being better at Economic Imperialism than the US is funny, imo.

not as funny as them pumping the US full of opium to destabilize us

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Agrajag posted:

so he was indeed murdered and dismembered got it

He fell joint-first into a chainsaw multiple times, op

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
shouldn't have given the abduction job to those two guys from Fargo

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

:qq:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

you know, that's just sad, the Saudis' cover story is "errr ya we killed him while trying to kidnap him, sorry about that"

Stalin at least would've just said that he's respecting US customs by tossing him into indefinite solitary confinement after "enhanced interrogation" techniques and then refuse to be drawn out further

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Duscat posted:

shouldn't have given the abduction job to those two guys from Fargo

have a seat

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
has anyone else been in a meeting where your bosses are live beaming live over the internet and youre being stared at as they tell you they made a poo poo ton of money on your work and all youre thinking about is the pain in your back growing worse and not being to afford a doctor

but hey they feed us lunch (and optional mandatory dinner) on fridays!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

not as funny as them pumping the US full of opium to destabilize us

That pushes it to ironically funny. (Properly, it should be them shipping opiates to the UK, but :shrug: )

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

y'all like to poo poo talk Tesla but no company on Earth is working harder to kill Tesla owners

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Epic High Five posted:

you know, that's just sad, the Saudis' cover story is "errr ya we killed him while trying to kidnap him, sorry about that"

Stalin at least would've just said that he's respecting US customs by tossing him into indefinite solitary confinement after "enhanced interrogation" techniques and then refuse to be drawn out further

they know trump dont care

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
backroom casting couch: house of saud

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

why would you trade an S for a 3 i thought the S was the good one that works

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Siljmonster posted:

has anyone else been in a meeting where your bosses are live beaming live over the internet and youre being stared at as they tell you they made a poo poo ton of money on your work and all youre thinking about is the pain in your back growing worse and not being to afford a doctor

"come outside and let me show you my new Tesla!"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Chinatown posted:

backroom casting couch: house of saud

stepsister accidentally cuts stepbrother into 9 pieces which are distributed into suitcases and flown out of country on private charter jets

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Siljmonster posted:

it wasn't over the internet but i hurt my knee while a manager at fedex and was hobbling around with a brace on it for weeks and had to sit through meetings like that

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/papermagazine/status/1051860480824922112

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

drat

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

I have to listen to people complaining about taxes all the time and the expats complaining about it are 100% the worst.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lmao

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1051916829738840064

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:discourse:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Siljmonster posted:

near the end of my tenure running restaurants, the new CEO opened up his 2nd year by talking about how we're in the black and making a bunch of money, but also hour are to be cut by 30% and raises frozen (for the 5th year in a row)

then somebody asked him about the 700,000 dollar raise he gave himself and he got Real Fuckin Mad, then he'd almost calmed back down when somebody said "well you can schedule me for Christmas day but I'm not coming in" when he refused to answer if we'd be open on Christmas that year for the first time ever, as though anything but an immediate "no" was gonna be accepted

he was pounding on the loving desk lmao

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the people here who post tweets where I have to click some poo poo are cruising for a bruising

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The answer is yes

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1051918052957347841

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
*saudia arabia in Bart SImpson voice* whoops my finger slipped

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

here’s the REAL reason you’re about to cry after getting your rear end kicked: https://www.youpissedmeoff.com

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

ah yes, the ethics committee once again running into a burning house to dust the floor

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

cumshitter posted:

why would you trade an S for a 3 i thought the S was the good one that works

this person already had "tesla owner" as a pre-existing condition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

why get a regular hacksaw when BONESAW IS READY

• Locked thread