Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I love that quote because it wasn't speed that killed him, it was fire, so you can assume he died screaming instead.

Holy poo poo loving brutal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I love that quote because it wasn't speed that killed him, it was fire, so you can assume he died screaming instead.

:hmmyes:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I think Walker was unconscious from the impact

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I think Walker was unconscious from the impact

That's just poo poo the fire fighters say to make people feel better.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Forgot Porsche settled a year ago. That one would interesting to know the details.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Colostomy Bag posted:

Forgot Porsche settled a year ago. That one would interesting to know the details.

"We promise not to burn Paul Walker alive in one of our rear end-engined Nazi slot car deathsleds again"

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

cakesmith handyman posted:

Holy poo poo loving brutal

Meh, he was apparently a nonce so...

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

"We promise not to burn Paul Walker alive in one of our rear end-engined Nazi slot car deathsleds again"

The Carrera GT is mid-engined.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Wasn't part of the issue they were basically driving around on dry-rotted tires?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Speed doesn't kill. The sudden deceleration against normally immovable objects, on the other hand...

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Meh, he was apparently a nonce so...

Oh I'm not defending the man. I just appreciate a brutal take.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Wasn't part of the issue they were basically driving around on dry-rotted tires?

I'd heard bald, but either way the story goes that his tires weren't even acceptable for a Subaru Loyale that's just grabbing groceries

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

Speed doesn't kill. The sudden deceleration against normally immovable objects, on the other hand...

There are people who died with snapped necks by getting rear ended while beeing perfectly stationary. In that case, I'd say the sudden acceleration of an normally immovable object might also be bad.

Then again, I can't see this happening with a semi-modern car. Whiplash, yes. Death, not very likely?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Basically inertia is bullshit.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

cakesmith handyman posted:

Oh I'm not defending the man. I just appreciate a brutal take.

Ok, cool :v:

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

Carrera GT, not just a neck snapper on looks alone.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

xzzy posted:

Basically inertia is bullshit.

Heh, our glorious NFL will be arguing this one for quite some time. Physics is a bitch.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Cage posted:

Found on my local craigslist. Not pictured: transformers badge, police interceptor badge, carbon fiber door handle vinyls

edit: WHY DIDNT THEY CAPITALIZE "Me" :argh:

The best thing that could happen at this point would be for the owner to put it out of its misery by banging it off the rev limiter in neutral for 15 minutes in a Tesco carpark.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

drgitlin posted:

The Carrera GT is mid-engined.

Is your rear end at your ankles???

/s

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

IPCRESS posted:

The best thing that could happen at this point would be for the owner to put it out of its misery by banging it off the rev limiter in neutral for 15 minutes in a Tesco carpark. my goddamn apartment

The fate I wish upon the shithead who parks in the garage 12 feet from the wall of my unit, bounces it off the limiter every loving time he starts it and you can hear him from engine start all the way til the light turns green and he full-throttle departs the apartment complex heading down the road.

E: It is a Mustang if that wasn't clear. With NJ plates, no less.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

I had heard this, yes. Supposedly the car was still on its original tires (a 2005 model being driven in 2013) and only had a few thousand miles on it, so it had spent most of its life motionless. Also, they were reportedly going over 100mph, and the Carrera GT notably has no electronic stability or traction aids.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Sagebrush posted:

Carrera GT notably has no electronic stability or traction aids.

proper car

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Lord Ludikrous posted:

You can view the MOT history of any car online provided you have its number plate, and you can view the test centre if you're the registered keeper. Really handy if you're car shopping and want an idea of how its been treated. Its one of the very few things the government has implemented that works really well.

The most common MOT failures are the really easy to solve ones, such as no washer fluid, bulbs not working, wipers worn out etc, but other things most people wouldn't think of will be looked for as well. For example if the rubber boots of your CV joints have perished to the point they are letting dirt and dust in, thats a failure. It also does a great job of keeping deathtraps off the road - many an old car in the UK is scrapped because the cost of repairs to get it through its annual MOT exceeds the value of the car. This is one such failure on one of the pool cars we had at my last job.

Needless to say I'm very happy I'm not sharing the road with it.

There are plenty of bent MOT testers tho even in the time of everything being on record. I still see plenty of unroadworthy shitheaps that somehow have an MOT, plus I've spoken to people who have just been handed the MOT cert without the car being present.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

track day bro! posted:

There are plenty of bent MOT testers tho even in the time of everything being on record. I still see plenty of unroadworthy shitheaps that somehow have an MOT, plus I've spoken to people who have just been handed the MOT cert without the car being present.

I know a guy in Slough who'll do it for £60

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Heh, our glorious NFL will be arguing this one for quite some time. Physics is a bitch.

They are already deniers of the combined gas law.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I guess now isn't the time for my favorite Paul Walker joke.....

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

I had heard this, yes. Supposedly the car was still on its original tires (a 2005 model being driven in 2013) and only had a few thousand miles on it, so it had spent most of its life motionless. Also, they were reportedly going over 100mph, and the Carrera GT notably has no electronic stability or traction aids.

Yeah it was this; not bald but old, hardly used, and dried out

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

thechalkoutline posted:

Yeah it was this; not bald but old, hardly used, and dried out

what the gently caress did you just say about me??!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

wesleywillis posted:

I guess now isn't the time for my favorite Paul Walker joke.....

Is it the one where they discovered Paul Walker had dandruff?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

xzzy posted:

what the gently caress did you just say about me??!

Judas, that is why they make lotion.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

track day bro! posted:

You'll always get people who can and will cheat the system, but I think overall the MOT regime does a good job of keeping the vast majority of deathtraps that often come up in threads like these off our roads.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Lord Ludikrous posted:

You'll always get people who can and will cheat the system, but I think overall the MOT regime does a good job of keeping the vast majority of deathtraps that often come up in threads like these off our roads.

Definitely agreed.

When I see the rolling heaps of shite that seem to infest the American roads, I stop whining when my car fails an MOT because of a worn suspension bushing or a blocked washer jet.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Slim Pickens posted:

Is it the one where they discovered Paul Walker had dandruff?

Nope, thats my favorite Princess Di joke though.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
What do Pink Floyd and Dale Earnhardt have in common?

That's my one car joke.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Imagined posted:

What do Pink Floyd and Dale Earnhardt have in common?

That's my one car joke.

The wall didn't end pink floyd's career tho

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

Waters tried really hard to pull it off though, and they were never really the same.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KoRMaK posted:

:drat:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

Punchline is "Their last hit was the wall".

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Imagined posted:

Punchline is "Their last hit was the wall".
ah dammit i thought it was "they both had a huge hit with the wall"

this caused me to go look up the timeline and drat i didnt know animals came out after dark side.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i'm the dead cat inthe background after inspecting the exhaust