Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

pidan posted:

It seems really hard to get a job in Nürnberg. In my few years of work experience, I've been rejected by firms in Nürnberg twice, and outside Nürnberg only once, out of 2 Nürnberg job applications and easily 8+ non Nürnberg job applications. Why?

Im sorry but lol at this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

oliwan posted:

You're not fuckin sorry. Piss off.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

aphid_licker posted:

e: same with gay people, wasn't there a gay islamophobe in the Netherlands? But I don't think the Storch Flügel is gonna be having any of that.

The gay islamophobe (and original new millennium right wing populist) in the Netherlands was Pim Fortuyn, who was murdered in 2002. His party muddled on for a bit and then Geert Wilders took over with his own islamophobe party.

Sadly Fortuyn was murdered by a leftist animal rights activist, which means we still have to listen to idiots crying that "the bullet came from the left" every time any of this comes up.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

oliwan posted:

The gay islamophobe (and original new millennium right wing populist) in the Netherlands was Pim Fortuyn, who was murdered in 2002. His party muddled on for a bit and then Geert Wilders took over with his own islamophobe party.

Sadly Fortuyn was murdered by a leftist animal rights activist, which means we still have to listen to idiots crying that "the bullet came from the left" every time any of this comes up.

Solution: declare PETA domestic terrists

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

Geht ein oliwan zum Biobäcker, "Ein Dünkelbrot."

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

System Metternich posted:

Don't forget that percentages don't directly translate into mandates both due to a bunch of votes not being mirrored in the Landtag due to parties not making the 5% threshold as well as various quirks of the electoral system. By current calculations a CSU-FW coalition would have a comfortable majority with 85+27=112 seats in a parliament that's shaping up to be 205 strong.

lol good loving job Bavaria :bravo:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
No consequences until after the Hesse elections.

I'm 100% certain that Seehofer will remain Innenheimatminister.

gently caress everything.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
don't worry, just be happy and enjoy life!

az
Dec 2, 2005

how do I enjoy life when I have to get irl angry about the aldi bean selection though, its just too much

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
how can you be happy if you can't get good beans at Aldi? It's a paradox

Barbelith
Oct 23, 2010

SMILE
Taco Defender
Wohin soll ich auswandern? Dieses Land ist kaputt. :godwinning:

https://twitter.com/bassena/status/1051807957590134785?s=19

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

1. just came back from having a beer with a friend from the spd and a friend from the csu, and both were harmoniously united in hating on the greens :allears:

Barbelith posted:

https://twitter.com/bassena/status/1051807957590134785?s=19

:wtc: at least pretend that you’re not going full fascist, drat

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

https://twitter.com/petertauber/status/1051522444530540544

What the gently caress? What good will come of this blatant Heldenvereehrung of a loving Nazi general by the CDU? Trying to win back some AfD-Voters? NPD? Republikaner or DVU? (do they still exist?)

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Getting the impression Tauber is some sort of military history nerd. Probably posted that after a long night of hearts of iron lmao

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Yeah I mean that is a very historically interesting tidbit. Studying Rommel would probably reveal a lot of the power dynamics and ideological conflicts within the Third Reich.

Or maybe just fart out a tweet without context, I dunno

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

hazzlebarth posted:

https://twitter.com/petertauber/status/1051522444530540544

What the gently caress? What good will come of this blatant Heldenvereehrung of a loving Nazi general by the CDU? Trying to win back some AfD-Voters? NPD? Republikaner or DVU? (do they still exist?)

Seeing as he sent out that tweet 17 minutes after both of the CDU‘s coalition partners crashed and burned in Bavaria, I almost think that was supposed to be a horribly awkward attempt at historical analogy aimed at the CSU? Or he really just farted it out after playing too much HoI, who knows lol

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Piggybacking off the metal discussion a few pages back, Spotify just recommended me this and now I'm mad :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-YzdvmD2aQ

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Barbelith posted:

Du könntest nach Deutschland kommen und die letzten 15 Jahre österreichische Politik nochmal von vorne erleben

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

aphid_licker posted:

You're not fuckin sorry. Piss off.

sorry not sorry lol

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

fallbeil

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
My Prenzlauer-bionade-daddy-colleague did a whole speech about climate change yesterday and then became super irritated when I told him that non of his bio poo poo makes any difference to the environment and that he should go vegan if he really cares lol

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

oliwan posted:

My Prenzlauer-bionade-daddy-colleague did a whole speech about climate change yesterday and then became super irritated when I told him that non of his bio poo poo makes any difference to the environment and that he should go vegan if he really cares lol

lol at all of this

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Can't eat the rich if you go vegan

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
klingbeil

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

oliwan posted:

If he really cared, he shouldn't have had children. Tell him that.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

oliwan posted:

Stdh.txt

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Wanted to ask you guys what kind of news source you use on your smartphones. I've been using the Google News & Weather app and its widget, which gave me at least 50% useless "Panorama" celeb news bullshit, but I had the Headlines of SPON, Zeit Online, Süddeutsche etc. at one glimpse and could pick and choose what to read, also laugh at the WELT headlines. And of course I could get the local weather as well with a simple tap.

But they're shutting it down now in favour of the ATROCIOUS google news app which is like "NEWS PERSONALIZED ONLY FOR YOU!" and has giant autoplay videos and pictures and God drat it, I just want text because I look at the news on mobile data mostly.

It tried the Tagesschau app, which at least also has a widget, but it's giant (needs at least two rows), doesn't have the weather and of course only Tagesschau Schlagzeilen, which is fine but I like reading longform articles once in a while. I also got the Zeit app because I like Zeit but that's again only Zeit, I have to deliberately click it and it doesn't have a neat widget as well.

I'm really bad at this modern tech stuff almost out of principle, so I'm sure someone here has figured out a super kuhl und gut way to get all the INFOTAINMENT fix they need and I don't have to extensively research which of the billion apps for news is not gaudy personalized human interest only bullshit. A headline-of-all-major-Tageszeitungen-collector would be ideal, probably. Bonus local weather (I'm not in Germany atm, mind).

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Smirr posted:

Can't eat the rich if you go vegan

That's not what Troll 2 taught me

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Simply Simon posted:

Wanted to ask you guys what kind of news source you use on your smartphones. I've been using the Google News & Weather app and its widget, which gave me at least 50% useless "Panorama" celeb news bullshit, but I had the Headlines of SPON, Zeit Online, Süddeutsche etc. at one glimpse and could pick and choose what to read, also laugh at the WELT headlines. And of course I could get the local weather as well with a simple tap.

But they're shutting it down now in favour of the ATROCIOUS google news app which is like "NEWS PERSONALIZED ONLY FOR YOU!" and has giant autoplay videos and pictures and God drat it, I just want text because I look at the news on mobile data mostly.

It tried the Tagesschau app, which at least also has a widget, but it's giant (needs at least two rows), doesn't have the weather and of course only Tagesschau Schlagzeilen, which is fine but I like reading longform articles once in a while. I also got the Zeit app because I like Zeit but that's again only Zeit, I have to deliberately click it and it doesn't have a neat widget as well.

I'm really bad at this modern tech stuff almost out of principle, so I'm sure someone here has figured out a super kuhl und gut way to get all the INFOTAINMENT fix they need and I don't have to extensively research which of the billion apps for news is not gaudy personalized human interest only bullshit. A headline-of-all-major-Tageszeitungen-collector would be ideal, probably. Bonus local weather (I'm not in Germany atm, mind).

I get my news mostly from this forum. Also I'm really glad that Apple introduced screen time in iOS 12 so i can limit my phone usage to 90 min a day. No need to hear about our broken world more than 6.25% of my time.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Thanks for getting the "I don't even own a television" response out of the way quickly

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I'm using feedly, but that requires you to set up the feeds you want to get and doesn't have a widget. On the plus side, you can also use it from the web and syncs with your mobile app when signed in.

Zwille posted:

For weather I just use the stock weather widget as that'll keep up with local weather too, at least on iOS.
:same:, but Android

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Oct 16, 2018

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Simply Simon posted:

For long form stuff: Curate a good Twitter feed of journalists? Start following some newspapers you enjoy and go from there. Once you get journalists in your feed you should get other good accounts retweeted in your feed which you can follow-unfollow depending on how well you like them. Twitter should also give you pretty ok-ish suggestions. Eventually you'll also get the current Sau durchs Dorf getrieben within seconds of it happening.

For weather I just use the stock weather widget as that'll keep up with local weather too, at least on iOS.

I like the Tagesschau app because it's fairly serious and mostly gives you only the important-ish news as push messages. I had the Apple News widget activated at the beginning but that was a terrible mixture of BILD and Focus Online :shrek:

(I like Screen Time too because it reminds me how much time I've wasted on social media and I think it's got nothing to do with being a Kulturpessimist. It really is a loving time sink.)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Simply Simon posted:

I hate this App-Wahnsinn on our Smartphones. If I want to look something up, I'll use Chrome to go there, thank you very much, Mr. Android Sir. :colbert:

And I say this as someone who uses Apps for his E-Mails, eBay and some video game related crap. But there's a line I don't want to cross, and weather+news is that line.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Simply Simon posted:

Thanks for getting the "I don't even own a television" response out of the way quickly

this is extremely dumb, nobody has televisions for the new anymore

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

If he really cared, he shouldn't have had children. Tell him that.

I did in so many words, which is probably why he was irritated lol

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Simply Simon posted:

Goddamn it, I was gonna keep on using it until they took it from my warm, moist hands but apparently they did earlier today.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Simply Simon posted:

Wanted to ask you guys what kind of news source you use on your smartphones.

None. If I had regular access to current affairs, I'd probably go mad with rage.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
And yes, the implication absolutely is that you're getting mild-mannered and balanced mode Randler on this forums right now. :colbert:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Mir fällt gerade auf, dass alle hier bisher aufgehängten AfD Wahlplakate verschwunden sind. :allears:

/E: FDP und Linke hängt noch, sowie das eine NPD Plakat in 4m Höhe. Der Rest hat noch nichts aufgehängt :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Libluini posted:

But there's a line I don't want to cross, and weather+news is that line.
Wer wissen will, wie das Wetter ist, der möge aus dem Fenster schauen; wer wissen will, wie das Wetter morgen ist, der möge morgen aus dem Fenster schauen.