Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Extra class slots, baby.

Oh right. Forgot about that. I’m going to anyway, but was curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Game good? Bad? More of the same but acceptable?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Hovering just about real good but not as good as IW which was incredibly good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Astroniomix posted:

99% sure this was actually just a 4chan troll.

it started as a troll. then the people it was trolling started doing it "ironically"

the problem with people doing something ironically though, is that it functionally becomes true- because now they're doing it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bash the fasc and shoot the mans.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Astroniomix posted:

99% sure this was actually just a 4chan troll.

yes, that's how it started- a bunch of internet ppl saying 'lets get people to think that we're using this commonly accepted hand sign as code for white power for the lulz' and then white power/fash dudes started doing it earnestly and now i have to look at photos of doughy no-necked shitstains wearing black and gold fred perry throwing up the A-OK in photos because nobody wants to gently caress them

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

yes, that's how it started- a bunch of internet ppl saying 'lets get people to think that we're using this commonly accepted hand sign as code for white power for the lulz' and then white power/fash dudes started doing it earnestly and now i have to look at photos of doughy no-necked shitstains wearing black and gold fred perry throwing up the A-OK in photos because nobody wants to gently caress them

That's actually even funnier than what I thought happened.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mister Facetious posted:

it started as a troll. then the people it was trolling started doing it "ironically"

the problem with people doing something ironically though, is that it functionally becomes true- because now they're doing it

Ah, the same thing that happened with sa and sjws then

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think we can all agree SA was a mistake that we now have to live with.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I was thinking of picking this up, but Battle Royale doesn't really interest me and I usually get bored with Zombies p quick. Is the normal multi still pretty meaty? Is Gun Game back?

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
I cannot stop using that cancerous shotgun loadout. The amount of rage you get in chat is fantastic and it just feels really solid to use. Does anything else come close to capturing that feeling (not including snipers which I am very bad with)?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
is there a discord yet?

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Doesn't seem that strong

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Russian Remoulade posted:

I cannot stop using that cancerous shotgun loadout. The amount of rage you get in chat is fantastic and it just feels really solid to use. Does anything else come close to capturing that feeling (not including snipers which I am very bad with)?

Which build is cancerous?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Game is good. Very refined, Blackout plays like a dream and leads to hilarious fights.

The regular PvP has tight gunplay, the maps are bit on the small side but they force engagements, which are fast. The self-healing changes things up a bit. Some of the specials are OP but they’ll balance.

And for the poster who was asking about Gun Game, I don’t see it. They do routinely add special modes like prop hunt or the sandbox from WW2.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Which build is cancerous?

I'm assuming Ruin with the equipment that reduces grapple cooldown and a Mog stacked to hell (I use rapid fire, long barrel, barrel choke, dragons breath) and then a perk of your choice (Gung-ho here because being able to grapple while sprinting rules, but if you're a better player than me and stay alive longer you probably want Scavenger)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

How is the gun feel and sound design in this? I care less about pinpointing a certain gun from 15 yards northeast and more about HOLY poo poo EVERYTHING SOUNDS MEATY AND STRONG.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Kilometers Davis posted:

How is the gun feel and sound design in this? I care less about pinpointing a certain gun from 15 yards northeast and more about HOLY poo poo EVERYTHING SOUNDS MEATY AND STRONG.

Way better than the previous games. Not quite as vicious as Dice’s games but they’ve gotten really good. Guns do feel heavier, louder, and more destructive. Still has the fast gunplay though. It’s good.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Wazzit posted:

is there a discord yet?

I mean

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kilometers Davis posted:

Gun sound good. Footsteps are all sorts of hosed up.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Guns sound about the same as blops2 and 3 but the receiving end of bullets has some more satisfying cracks and whistles that better represent being shot at

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

Thanks yeah I'll try some of the other modes - heist has been a lot of fun for my group since we're all (bad) Siege or CS players and the lack of respawns and level 55 dudes with everything unlocked has been pretty nice. Originally just picked this up for Blackout and haven't really played Call of Duty since the original Modern Warfare so just trying to get up to speed on how games in the other modes typically flow.

Out of curiosity, what do you think about the gameplay having been away from the series for 10 years? Do you see much of a graphical improvement or improvements otherwise?

Obvious graphics have improved but often the criticism is that each year is just a new lick of paint over the previous game to a large extent.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The Mog is awful. I grinded this thing to Level 10 and even with choke and Dragon's Breath there's no consistency at all.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Mill Village posted:

The Mog is awful. I grinded this thing to Level 10 and even with choke and Dragon's Breath there's no consistency at all.

I ground out the auto shotty last night to 10 and unlocked the strobe light operator mod... far out it’s a bunch of fun! Sprinting around with the perk and mini flash banging people as you mag dump into them is hilarious fun especially with the extended barrel. You do need good map knowledge though to exploit corners and corridors well, but with the barricade and razor wire dude you make the maps work for you.

G1ZM0
Jun 20, 2002

I killed Ajax with Torq when he had his shield out and Torq said "Aww did I break your wee wall?

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/pastramishaman/video/62054994

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Man I can't aim for poo poo in this game. feelsbadman

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

G1ZM0 posted:

I killed Ajax with Torq when he had his shield out and Torq said "Aww did I break your wee wall?

Lol yeah some of the banter is really cool

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I picked this up and it took a bunch of time to download just enough to play PubbyUnknowns BattleGrounds, whereupon I was immediately placed into a group with a guy watching football loudly over his mic. I killed a guy with a shotgun and died. Maybe the multiplayer will be fully downloaded by tomorrow morning and I can play that too!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Where you'll get placed into a group with a guy watching football loudly over his mic, kill a guy with a shotgun and then die :v:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Exactly! It's all I ever wanted out of Call of Duty, really. Nostalgia bomb 10/10 would go 1:1 KDA again.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
The ultra shotgun build is the MOG + Choke 1 and 2, Dragons’s breath. It’ll 1-shot even through Armor at close-med/close range. Is funny.

One miss and you’ll die, but funny.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah I go back and forth between Quickdraw and Rapid Fire in the extra slot. Quickdraw makes me survive almost all my 1 on 1s but it's almost impossible to take a group head on without rapid fire. Stats goons?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Are we cool with posting usernames? I'm looking for people to play some duo blackout with. Note:I do not promise to be good at duo blackout

RiotingMime1 PS4

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The community in this game is surprisingly chill so far.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

PantsBandit posted:

Are we cool with posting usernames? I'm looking for people to play some duo blackout with. Note:I do not promise to be good at duo blackout
RiotingMime1 PS4

vivisectvnv posted:

oh bummer, well if anyone would like to do some quads/duos in Blackout feel free to add me PSN: babeitskiy

PS Community invites sent.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Appreciate the gunfeel/sound comments my dudes. Sounds perfect?

Last question, is zombies soloable or is it tuned badly for that?

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...t/#1d6a5b263729

Disks are finally dead...

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I switched to digital when I found out about how the disk was useless and you actually had to download more with it.

Matchmaking must be super generous for first time blackout games because I won my first one, and there seems to be a whole lot of similar stories. I didn't even turtle it up too much, got 7 kills over 18 minutes.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Don't sell yourself short that's a badass amount of kills. When I've won it's been with like 3 or 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

PS Community invites sent.

danke