Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Listerine posted:

I got killed by someone in Crucible the other night using Horror Story, how is that possible? I thought the content unlocks tomorrow?

Positive it wasn't a Horror's Least?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

And that it wasn't a spooky ghost?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Or that it wasn’t Origin Story?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Using a y1 gun is super spooky

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I pulled an Origin Story from collections a couple of times when I was between 500 and 520 or so because I vastly prefer Auto Rifles and I was only getting Scout Rifle and Hand Cannon drops. I pretty much only play PvE stuff and I’m real bad with those. Then I got a god roll Tigerspite and never looked back.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
My origin story is that I was a Russian Uber driver and caught in traffic when the bombs hit and destroyed all life until the ghost found me and revived me like 400 years later

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What is a god roll for auto rifles right now? Particularly slower ones like Tigerspite. Mine's decent but nothing killer.

I'm basically juggling all my extra good sidearms though so not really complaining here

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

My origin story is that I was a Russian Uber driver and caught in traffic when the bombs hit and destroyed all life until the ghost found me and revived me like 400 years later

weird, me too

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

weird, me too

I think I was the robot supersoldier in your car.

Sorry I didn't tip you

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i wonder if ghost puts your brain back before rebuilding your skeleton and skin and poo poo so you're just screaming internally from all the pain

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

RBA Starblade posted:

What is a god roll for auto rifles right now? Particularly slower ones like Tigerspite. Mine's decent but nothing killer.

I'm basically juggling all my extra good sidearms though so not really complaining here

Tigerspite? Hcr kill clip outlaw with chambered comp

Hazard? Ambitious assassin rampage extended mag with arrowhead or polygonal rifling

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The new horror story is probably fantastic and it's cool they named it that in honor of the first D2 festival of the lost

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

RBA Starblade posted:

I have Outlaw, Kill Clip, Ricochet Rounds and stuck a Taken Mod in it. Only issue is the MW is reload speed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Tigerspite? Hcr kill clip outlaw with chambered comp

Hazard? Ambitious assassin rampage extended mag with arrowhead or polygonal rifling

Thanks I'll keep an eye out for those.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The new horror story is probably fantastic and it's cool they named it that in honor of the first D2 festival of the lost

I'm really looking forward to it.

There's been speculation that it will also have the perk "Onslaught" or something where iirc stacking Rampage increases the ROF, and being it's ostensibly the only weapon reward for this big live event, I can see them curating it to be more than just a really well-rolled and renamed Origin Story. In which case, Backup Mag will be essential.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

moist turtleneck posted:

so you're just screaming internally from all the pain

Getting real tired of these video games hitting too close to home

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cvnvcnv posted:

I'm really looking forward to it.

There's been speculation that it will also have the perk "Onslaught" or something where iirc stacking Rampage increases the ROF, and being it's ostensibly the only weapon reward for this big live event, I can see them curating it to be more than just a really well-rolled and renamed Origin Story. In which case, Backup Mag will be essential.

Redrix's Horrorstory?

I think dropping at 600 is going to be considered reward enough, like the Solstice of Heroes gear. It won't necessarily be a godlike weapon.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue posted:

Redrix's Horrorstory?

I think dropping at 600 is going to be considered reward enough, like the Solstice of Heroes gear. It won't necessarily be a godlike weapon.

Maybe!

I'm just picking stuff up from Houndish and other sources. Database talk really isn't my bag but regardless of what it drops with, I'm inclined to like Horror Story :)

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Looking forward to my 600 Bygones

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

So I did a thing in gambit the other day..

https://youtu.be/JwLrWpnBvsY

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Must be nice to have a gun where you can shoot the air next to an enemy and they still get deleted somehow.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

^burtle posted:

Looking forward to my 600 Bygones

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Positive it wasn't a Horror's Least?

It definitely wasn't Origin Story, and normally I would think it must have been this, but I'm like 80% sure it was an AR and after the guy smoked me like 4 or 5 times in a row, I thought something about how apt the name of the gun was. I wish I'd taken a screenshot but I just figured it was one of the raid guns or something that I don't know about.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Listerine posted:

It definitely wasn't Origin Story, and normally I would think it must have been this, but I'm like 80% sure it was an AR and after the guy smoked me like 4 or 5 times in a row, I thought something about how apt the name of the gun was. I wish I'd taken a screenshot but I just figured it was one of the raid guns or something that I don't know about.

Look up your gamertag on https://destinytracker.com/ and find that match. Click on that player to see their loadout, and you can confirm if they were using a Horror Story.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

xzzy posted:

Must be nice to have a gun where you can shoot the air next to an enemy and they still get deleted somehow.

Seriously I don’t know how I hit that second shot.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Listerine posted:

The horrors least pulse shoots faster than an AR

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That AR gonna be real good for smashing trash mobs and should give a good 10ish light levels to anyone below 550. Good for getting extra poo poo for alts etc.

It's going to be real punishing though I bet.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If it requires me to wear a zero light level helmet in Iron Banner or Gambit I'm gonna be annoyed

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If it requires me to wear a zero light level helmet in Iron Banner or Gambit I'm gonna be annoyed

I hope it does and the Drifter laughs at you when you lose and Bungie doesn't understand why anyone is getting annoyed about it

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

cvnvcnv posted:

Welcome to the club. It's so versatile and exceptional at so many things, and fun! Gg Bungie!

I also got one thousand voices last night :)

I picked the same chest all three times, so it was bound to work

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Can someone explain to me how competitive matchmaking works (outside of..it doesn't lol etc)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

hitchensgoespop posted:

Can someone explain to me how competitive matchmaking works (outside of..it doesn't lol etc)

Basically all your friends get matched against the shittest scrubs that ever picked up a controller, and you get a nonstop wave of four letter gamertags with thousands of flawless runs.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You see, the idea is that Bungie has is that everyone on both teams will be wearing such a helmet and thus negate the effect. They’d never suppose that someone would take advantage of this.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I've played through all the content that was free with psplus and still understand basically none of the game mechanics. Is that normal? Also what version of the game am I supposed to buy to keep going?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol at everyone thinking it will drop at 600 regardless of your power level

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's what they're promising, anyway!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah. Why listen to what was expressly stated like LMAO omg

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

rodbeard posted:

I've played through all the content that was free with psplus and still understand basically none of the game mechanics. Is that normal? Also what version of the game am I supposed to buy to keep going?

you need to buy Forsaken to get your level and power cap up to parity with everyone else still playing semi-seriously

i've finished most of the Adventures and i'm tapping out, this isn't worth another 40-50 bucks

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Destiny 2 isn’t a single player game and has never been billed as a single player game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hitchensgoespop posted:

The game has an idea of the skill level of each player, based on their record of wins and losses. The game also knows where each person is located and roughly the latency they would experience between each other's consoles. And it knows which players are groups of friends in fireteams. In theory, it balances all three factors so that both teams are a decent challenge for each other with fair fireteam groupings, no one getting utterly dominated, and no one experiencing too much lag. In practice, this rarely happens, and there's often a clear flaw in the setup. One team is a fireteam and the other is six random players who have never met and can't communicate. One team is all roughly the same skill while the other is a superstar carrying five incompetents. One or more players will have a horrible connection that makes fighting them unreliable and frustrating. Or the game will seemingly decide you've been winning too much and you get stomped for five matches in a row. Every time Bungie tweaks something Reddit yells at them no matter what they did or how it turns out, so tweaks are rare and we just put up with this.

rodbeard posted:

Yeah, it's pretty normal. You can ask questions here or read giant Reddit text dumps if you want a deeper understanding of something specific, but outside of the raids it's basically shoot aliens forever and do the things tagged with yellow stars to upgrade your power level.

If you beat all the content in the free PS+ game and still want more, wait until tomorrow and buy the only expansion that will be listed (a new bundle is being released that supersedes all the current choices).

haveblue fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 16, 2018