Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't even know anymore. I remember people thinking damo was the last guy before the big bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I would legit love to read any story notes by Araki because I'm curious what his process is for writing a story and just how fast and loose he plays with it or not

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nina posted:

But Ultimate Made in Heaven Requiem is already in Jorge Joestar

~beyond~

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

I would legit love to read any story notes by Araki because I'm curious what his process is for writing a story and just how fast and loose he plays with it or not

is this super rad

is this super homoerotic

if N to either then rewrite until Y

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yinlock posted:

is this super rad

is this super homoerotic

if N to either then rewrite until Y

It also includes bookmarks to IMDB and the random page link for Wikipedia.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

On a more serious note... I think we are starting to approach endgame with JoJolion. That probably gets thrown a lot, but the timer is pretty strong and I can't see the story going much further after the New Rokokaka is harvested.

We now know *something* about the Rock People. Some operate on the University Hospital. At the very least, the current enemy, the doctor and his pet from the ski lift fight are almost for sure from that hospital, too. There's one more rock person who operates in there since he was in the van. It's almost sure that Kira's mom was Rokakaka'd. And there's probably more stuff i'm forgetting, but yeah, this hospital seems to be connecting a lot of people and it shouldn't be too long before the final confrontation happens there.

Of course, with this I mean like 3 or 4 years before the end, probably. Five with breaks.

I would be down with the final confrontation happening at the hospital, becuase I've always assumed a hospital would be a rad place to be a battlefield.

Also I hope the big bad pops the New Rokokaka when they're cornered and the final boss of part 8 ends up being some naked person.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

He strikes me as being a less assholish Rohan. I think Yasuho is basically the Bro character. Yasubro.

I'd say that Joshuu is the part's bro character, albeit a very unorthodox take that goes in such a completely different direction compared to most jobros that most people don't actually realize it nor do most people want it to be the case (for understandable reasons)

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, FAaaRP is just what he says for his super attack. The best part is that in the codex or whatever for ASB, it says that no one knows what the mysterious acronym D4C stands for.

They do the same for Foo Fighers by saying FF has a name wrapped in mystery. That's gonna be a fun one to sub once Part 6's anime starts.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Uhhh no the best friend character is def the person who helps out in fights, is directly involved with solving the mystery, who has a fleshed out personality and backstory, who it would be tragic if they sacrificed themselves and who just likes spending time with Josuke and vice versa, who helps out

Not loving Joshuu

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Like seriously man, Yasuho is right there

<- RIGHT there

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Weather is weirdly the part 6 bff

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

On a more serious note... I think we are starting to approach endgame with JoJolion. That probably gets thrown a lot, but the timer is pretty strong and I can't see the story going much further after the New Rokokaka is harvested.

It's probably getting a bit closer, yeah.

Anyway I'm really late to the party but I'm mad about Jodeci being the ED solely because when I was trying to make educated guesses about the ED I saw Freakin You on the list and was like "that's too overtly sexual lyrics-wise, no way would they use that"

(I discarded a bunch of other stuff from that era like bone thugs n harmony for similar reasons but also thought my better guess, Waterfalls, probably wouldn't actually get picked)

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

It's probably getting a bit closer, yeah.

Anyway I'm really late to the party but I'm mad about Jodeci being the ED solely because when I was trying to make educated guesses about the ED I saw Freakin You on the list and was like "that's too overtly sexual lyrics-wise, no way would they use that"

(I discarded a bunch of other stuff from that era like bone thugs n harmony for similar reasons but also thought my better guess, Waterfalls, probably wouldn't actually get picked)

I wish it was How Do you Want It, now, because you still have KCi and JoJo with an even funnier song.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Expect My Mom posted:

Now I'm thinking of how good part 6 is and now I can't wait for Weather to beat up Van Gogh

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Expect My Mom posted:

It's like a split between Weather, Hermes, and Emporio by the end of it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I would it say cant be Emporio because he doesn't die as a big sacrifice to the cast. I dont even remember how Hermes goes out

I did forget that FFs final scene is pretty big but Jolyne crying over Weather and wanting to give up the chase for Pucci to mourn him + Emporio using his Stand makes me give it to him

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Hermes is definitely the best friend character of part 6, Weather was way more connected to Annasui and Pucci to be a best friend to Jolyne. FF would be there too but, well...

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hermes is the BFF in 6 which is why the latest game has her in it. All the special entrances are pretty much on point regarding that.

Jobin is an exception because it was developed when no one knew where 8 was going.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah but like, I really struggle to think of big scenes just Jolyne and Hermes shared. Jolyne and FF throw the baseball around after Hermes gets her organs out, they talk about what animal is the opposite of a pig. Weirdly, Weather seems to be person in the group Jolyne is most fond of, running to hug him when she (thinks) she sees him again after the Green Baby is born and she has a long speech about wanting to hear his voice in the wind or whatever. It's weird cause I think the only scene they share is fighting Jumping Jack Flash where they pee next to each other, but i dunno

Hermes is general kinda feels disconnected from a lot of events, after killing Sports Maxx she just kinda hangs out

e: true their fighting game interactions own

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 16, 2018

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Expect My Mom posted:

yeah but like, I really struggle to think of big scenes just Jolyne and Hermes shared. Jolyne and FF throw the baseball around after Hermes gets her organs out, they talk about what animal is the opposite of a pig. Weirdly, Weather seems to be person in the group Jolyne is most fond of, running to hug him when she (thinks) she sees him again after the Green Baby is born and she has a long speech about wanting to hear his voice in the wind or whatever. It's weird cause I think the only scene they share is fighting Jumping Jack Flash where they pee next to each other, but i dunno

Hermes is general kinda feels disconnected from a lot of events, after killing Sports Maxx she just kinda hangs out

I agree with you. Hermes just gets a lot of her OWN stuff, which, after part 5, where everyone also gets their own stuff makes her the secondary star of the show.

(The game also gives Jolyne something with Weather Report, I was just being silly)

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Hermes suffers from essentially the exact same problem Okuyasu does to a lesser degree and I don't think anyone is crazy enough to say he isn't the best friend character. There's plenty of stuff they do together though, one of the very first scenes is them making a bet on how long they can go without masturbating, and who can forget them pissing off the alligator.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Lol I did forget about the masturbating thing. There's also the scene where she helps Jolyne rip off Romeo's tongue so they do have some chemistry.

But also i had to look up how she died, which is blasphemous when you consider Ceasar, Kakyoin, Okuyasu, Bruno and Gyro

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Like Weathers final fight and death are so good. It's like the perfect JoJo fight of two characters trying to outsmart the other, he and Pucci just go back and forth for so long and gets so creative

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Expect My Mom posted:

Uhhh no the best friend character is def the person who helps out in fights, is directly involved with solving the mystery, who has a fleshed out personality and backstory, who it would be tragic if they sacrificed themselves and who just likes spending time with Josuke and vice versa, who helps out

Not loving Joshuu

I was talking about the Polnareff type brojos (Okuyasu, Mista, Anasui, I guess still Gyro), not the Kakyoin type brojos

actually who would be the kakyoin type brojo of part 4?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Okay if we're getting into TWO types off BFF characters then this is a new level of science I wasnt ready for

Part 4s would be Shigechi

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

Lol I did forget about the masturbating thing. There's also the scene where she helps Jolyne rip off Romeo's tongue so they do have some chemistry.

But also i had to look up how she died, which is blasphemous when you consider Ceasar, Kakyoin, Okuyasu, Bruno and Gyro

They kind of all died in a pile at the same time so I don't really think that's any more on her than anyone else in that cast.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
It is kind of great how you go through part 6 thinking "oh hey, maybe no one will die this time" and then everyone loving dies.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I still remember reading through part 7 and getting really confused at where hot pants disappeared to and finding out she'd died

It was like "wait what, when did that happen" and then I go back and it's right fuckin there, idk how I missed it. I know I'm not the only one that missed her death either, but there's something weird going on where somehow I just never interpreted her death as being a death until later on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

She really did eat poo poo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Momomo posted:

They kind of all died in a pile at the same time so I don't really think that's any more on her than anyone else in that cast.
FF and Weather got really good final scenes

and yeah that's the point that at the end, Pucci is so powerful he throws them into a grinder, but Weather and FF getting finales really enhances their character imo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

It is kind of great how you go through part 6 thinking "oh hey, maybe no one will die this time" and then everyone loving dies.

I had Jotaro's death spoiled for me repeatedly, but in context it's actually pretty misleading because he dies at the same time as everyone else.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

FirstAidKite posted:

I still remember reading through part 7 and getting really confused at where hot pants disappeared to and finding out she'd died

It was like "wait what, when did that happen" and then I go back and it's right fuckin there, idk how I missed it. I know I'm not the only one that missed her death either, but there's something weird going on where somehow I just never interpreted her death as being a death until later on.

in the moment, her death feels very much like araki cutting away from her situation to show the action somewhere else, which is something that happens very commonly, so you assume he'll cut back to her later on and don't think about it. there's nothing really there to imply that what's happening to her is more fatal than the poo poo other characters endure, and nobody mentions her after she dies, unlike almost every other main character death. it was handled really weirdly imo

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

FF and Weather got really good final scenes

and yeah that's the point that at the end, Pucci is so powerful he throws them into a grinder, but Weather and FF getting finales really enhances their character imo

Well I meant everyone else that died in that scene, Jotaro Annasui and Jolyne. It was like one big collective event rather than it being about one singular person. All I'm saying is it really isn't blasphemous if you're comparing it to the other finale deaths.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i know i've posted before about why i like the ending of part 6, so the deaths going on there never really hit me hard because i view them as a bittersweet 'opening to a new beginning' kind of thing

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Since FF doesn’t come back and her death hammered home the message ”your memories are you, you with other memories is someone else” I can not find much of a silver lining in that ending myself

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Expect My Mom posted:

e: true their fighting game interactions own

Jolyne really wanted to jump Weather's bones because she loving loves clouds

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the silver lining is that irene still has the birthmark and so this is a universe where the joestar family isn't beset by supernatural tragedy and finally one version of them gets to enjoy the constant peace they died to keep and that's a pretty fitting note to end the "main" universe one i think

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Also plankton don't have souls

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the entire series has a theme of fate running behind it and the joestar bloodline having to constantly encounter strife is part of that so them finally not having to worry about that is good and it's good for the series to get refreshed by letting them go to live their lives without having to worry about psychic murderghosts getting them involved in hijinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the way i remember and understand it is that, the end of part 6 isn't so much skipping to a new universe, but remaking it and tweaking somethings and so these are still these characters, but under different circumstances, so yes they are different people, but it's less so one of many universe and everything before now is invalid, but that Jolyne's gamble on Emporio paid off and now they get to live happy lives, not DIO's version of Heaven but their own