Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol why wouldn't Maggie want to incorporate with the Vinyl Record Lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lmao lemme just use this gun to cut the rope instead of my Rick axe

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
What the hell why couldn't they just wait for daytime to bang

Why would they think sitting on a log with their back to the woods would be the right time to gently caress

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

For real, what the gently caress is the motivation for that? Why aren't they all tryna shack up with DJ Georgie

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Gortarius posted:

What the gently caress was the point of make the stock gay guy lose his arm?

It's the famous Bury Disarm Your Gays trope.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Logrolling in our time

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 16, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

moist turtleneck posted:

Out of all the baffling decisions in the episode, this one somehow made the least sense

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Why did they have a single rope holding up thousands of pounds worth of logs on the edge of a hill? Seems unsafe, don't think OSHA would approve.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Why did they have a single rope holding up thousands of pounds worth of logs on the edge of a hill? Seems unsafe, don't think OSHA would approve.

They were in the middle of tying the second one when the herd showed up. It's how Aaron lost his arm

Maybe. It was probably a different log pile but this show isn't good with scene continuity

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The only character even remotely worth sympathy, having survived five or more years in the apocalypse, many under an oppressive regime, gets punked on by a little kid, beat up by Darryl twice in one day and told to gently caress off into the wilderness by Rick before suffering the ultimate redshirting at the hands of the New Enemy.

RIP handsome Ponytail Saviour

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i cant wait to see what over the top gimmick the token new threat people have

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Binary Logic posted:

Logrolling in our time

He is like 5 meters away from the logs. Thanks for wasting bullets to do this.

What's that? You have an infinite supply? Oh, okay. Nevermind then.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Let's see you make that shot then

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hexel posted:

i cant wait to see what over the top gimmick the token new threat people have

Google "whisperers".

It's real loving dumb. Like, Garbage People dumb.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Sjs00 posted:

Let's see you make that shot then

I meant more that he could just walk 10 steps and use his trusty axe to do it.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Tortuga posted:

RIP handsome Ponytail Saviour
His head from the jaw up is going to get mounted to a pike

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

precision posted:

Google "whisperers".

I thought it was funny and fitting that the two most garbage characters are hooking up.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

What the hell why couldn't they just wait for daytime to bang

Why would they think sitting on a log with their back to the woods would be the right time to gently caress

To be fair I think she was just going to blow him or something but I think the real answer here is 'Lord of the filthy trash people' isn't too bright and he's not known as the crackhead priest for nothin'

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bobjr posted:

Only Carol can stop Daryl.

'The sun is going down, Daryl'

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hexel posted:

I'm watching the ending of FTWD dead because i never got around to it and i've never seen a group of survivors get so hosed up by one middle-aged woman who has proven her psychotic malevolence time and again yet they refuse to kill her :psyduck:

Lazy writing

Season 3 Fear would have sparta kicked that lady into a horde

Season 4 is pure loving poo poo

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Enid said she needed to cauterize the wound but I thought Carol in season 3 said that was dumb movie stuff and they didn't do it to Herschel

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

precision posted:

Google "whisperers".

I only have a vague idea of what's coming up but there's no way it can be as dumb as the garbage people.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

moist turtleneck posted:

Enid said she needed to cauterize the wound but I thought Carol in season 3 said that was dumb movie stuff and they didn't do it to Herschel

Pulled the S3 ep up on Netflix and holy crap, you're right.

Glenn: We can burn the wound to clot the blood. I can start a fire.

Carol: It's not gonna stop the arteries from bleeding. We need to just keep it dressed and let it heal on its own.

But I guess that's what happens when Rick tells their actual doctor that the 16(?) year old trainee can handle things.

LinkesAuge
Sep 7, 2011

LadyPictureShow posted:

Pulled the S3 ep up on Netflix and holy crap, you're right.

Glenn: We can burn the wound to clot the blood. I can start a fire.

Carol: It's not gonna stop the arteries from bleeding. We need to just keep it dressed and let it heal on its own.

But I guess that's what happens when Rick tells their actual doctor that the 16(?) year old trainee can handle things.

I am not a doctor but afaik the only situation when you should risk to cauterize (it increases the risk of secondary infection) is if you can't stop the bleeding and my guess is that the bleeding won't just "heal on its own" if you hack off a limb.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It worked for Herschel!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

poo poo, guys we well for it again. We thought longer about something than the writers did.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LadyPictureShow posted:

poo poo, guys we well for it again. We thought longer about something than the writers did.

It's hilarious going from a thread for a well written show (Better Call Saul) to this one. In one thread everyone's finding all these clever subtle threads and moments throughout the season that tie organically into things if you notice them. Over here every 2 minutes of thought reveals a new gaping pile of bullshit.

That said credit where it's due, at least this season has had the whole cast more or less together with Gimple spreading his "million episodes of two people" mindset to Fear. That's made it at least less painful.

ED: Anyone not keeping up Fear season 3 was the best TWD season and the last season was so loving bad - and that is saying something given I'm still here - I actually gave up on it. I quit a show and I never quit a show. I almost want to hate-watch the finale just to see them all get owned by a bag lady because suddenly a bunch of selfish assholes are about 'hope'

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Blazing, how far did you get in Fear S4? I can just give you a rundown of the stupidity. It actually makes this show look incredible.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LadyPictureShow posted:

Blazing, how far did you get in Fear S4? I can just give you a rundown of the stupidity. It actually makes this show look incredible.

Midseason opener with the terrible flying zombies. I just couldn't do it anymore when everyone got separated and started talking in prolonged backstory speak, were all about 'hope' and 'saving people' out of nowhere and killed off the two central characters to make Morgan's bullshit front and center. A shame too, I liked John Dorie.

A saw a picture of the bag lady that apparently kicks their poo poo in and I know nobody at all died.

Seriously I"ve watched some aggressively awful poo poo, but I think the combined frustration with the show nose diving with the Gimple bullshit and just how Goddamn boring it got made me give up. Which is a shame because I really liked the previous season, which fixed the show.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 16, 2018

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Blazing Ownager posted:

Seriously I"ve watched some aggressively awful poo poo, but I think the combined frustration with the show nose diving with the Gimple bullshit and just how Goddamn boring it got made me give up. Which is a shame because I really liked the previous season, which fixed the show.

With TWD's opener having the lowest viewership to date and Fear getting poo poo from every facet I can't think of anyone hiring Gimple other than to completely kill a show.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Blazing Ownager posted:

Midseason opener with the terrible flying zombies. I just couldn't do it anymore when everyone got separated and started talking in prolonged backstory speak, were all about 'hope' and 'saving people' out of nowhere and killed off the two central characters to make Morgan's bullshit front and center. A shame too, I liked John Dorie.

A saw a picture of the bag lady that apparently kicks their poo poo in and I know nobody at all died.

Okay, kick up your feet! That big storm happens off-screen.
-Alycia and Charlie are in a house; Charlie has a death wish, they're in a flooding basement and talk for a long time as the water rises... then find a way out at the last second.

-Morgan falls asleep in a truck(?!) meets Cole from 12 Monkeys and two truckers that leave boxes (but actually stole the truck. Cole makes beer.

-Al misses her truck, gets sick from bad water.

-Dorie and Strand are trapped by an alligator

-Luciana treks around an entire episode looking for beer for a dying man

-the filthy woman steals Al's truck (which was previously out of gas) and fires on the good guys; killing nobody. She wings one of the truckers, the other shoots her in the chest. She escapes, their truck explodes.

-They hole up in a hospital and get trapped, Cole ends up bitten

-Car batteries still work! Alycia and Charlie tie up the woman, find Dorie and Strand, and rescue everyone from the hospital. Cole throws himself off the roof to get out of the show. The woman escapes again.

-Morgan goes to find her, everyone drinks anti-freeze spiked water (that was the woman's master plan). Morgan crashes like an idiot, the woman lets herself get bitten and Morgan puts her down
-the sickly Sams need ethanol to stop the poison... but oops! They shoot holes in the ethanol truck! It's all over because apparently buckets don't exist and they can't cup their hands.

-Morgan finds a beer truck, and rides to the rescue! Then they decide 'Hey, let's not go to Alexandria like we were saying. Let's... keep on truckin'.'

I hear ya, Dorie was a cool addition, but like everything else in the show, he was squandered in the 'beer quest'.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm serious I don't think Garret Dillahunt had any lines in the finale

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

Season 3 Fear would have sparta kicked that lady into a horde

Season 4 is pure loving poo poo

I feel like they replaced a writer or something midseason when Madison died

Show felt aimless after that

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

precision posted:

John Dorie was the only good thing about S4

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It MIGHT have been the Chinese food I gorged myself on, but I threw up in my mouth during this episode.
Not gonna lie though
Gabriel: "I'm not Catholic"
Garbage queen: *instantly grabs dick*

made me laugh

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Not gonna lie I forgot that woman even was the garbage pail kid

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I can't hate the garbage lady too much cause she's the woman from the horror movie the woman.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

precision posted:

"It doesn’t take a whole day to recognize sunshine."

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hexel posted:

I feel like they replaced a writer or something midseason when Madison died

Show felt aimless after that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU