Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

shame on an IGA posted:

:tif:

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/411439-trump-admin-could-use-military-bases-to-export-coal-gas

hay guys California doesn't want a port to export coal let's build coal terminals at all the naval bases

Assuming some other party takes the presidency in 2020, there's gonna be a huge mess of investigations....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

shame on an IGA posted:

:tif:

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/411439-trump-admin-could-use-military-bases-to-export-coal-gas

hay guys California doesn't want a port to export coal let's build coal terminals at all the naval bases

It’s going to own when California and New York effectively secede.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Deathy McDeath posted:

Pretty sure that's illegal

Well that'll definitely put a stop to it.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Just in case there was anyone in GIP who still liked Elon Musk

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1051389235406598144
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1051377948916215810

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Cops in Portland found a Patriot Prayer sniper nest setup before a protest, and conveniently let the snipers go because "they had concealed carry licenses"

"Chief Outlaw?" The writers are really phoning it in this year, come on.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

I mean is there any surprise that Elon is a weeb?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Suicide Watch posted:

I mean is there any surprise that Elon is a weeb?

If anything this will only further his appeal to his base of insufferable dorks.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

But but but guys he gave some money to Flint!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/haymarketbooks/status/1052047733190615040

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dude looking like mickey rourke and william h macy had a harlequin baby together but had a plan and stuck to it.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Welp looks Warren is done for 2020 cause of that stupid stunt she did yesterday yesterday lol

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1052168909665824769?s=19

Guess that's what you get when you hire people who worked for the campaign that lost to the dumbest man in america

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

What on earth possessed her to do this? It was a complete non-issue and Trump was just making himself look stupid until she took his namecalling seriously enough to take a DNA test and publish the results.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
:wow: Who could have guessed? Who could possibly have seen this coming? :iiam:

Thought for sure the president was going to resign once Warren showed off that her DNA shows that she probably had an American Indian ancestor from 8-ish generations ago.

This is huge news, (the bad version)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

What on earth possessed her to do this? It was a complete non-issue and Trump was just making himself look stupid until she took his namecalling seriously enough to take a DNA test and publish the results.

She hired some Clinton campaign advisors last I heard.

The Democratic DC Beltway consultant is a really, really stupid breed of person.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

This

https://twitter.com/HCTrudo/status/1044261399441100800

My wife is a total new england hippie liberal who loves Warren and when the news came out she just had this utter look of disgust and said "oh you stupid, stupid idiot".

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
The Clinton campaign lost to the stupidest man in America. No one should hire anyone who worked in a senior position for that campaign

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

So with Warren deciding to take a cruise missile to her foot and blowing up her 2020 chances already, who are the favorites?

Granted it’s still hella early, and if 2016 showed its that no one knows anything. I would love it if people convinced Duckworth to run. She seems like one of the few Democrats who can actually parry Trump and effectively cal him out on his bullshit.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Solaris 2.0 posted:

So with Warren deciding to take a cruise missile to her foot and blowing up her 2020 chances already, who are the favorites?

Granted it’s still hella early, and if 2016 showed its that no one knows anything. I would love it if people convinced Duckworth to run. She seems like one of the few Democrats who can actually parry Trump and effectively cal him out on his bullshit.

It's gonna end up being Sanders, K. Harris or C. Booker at this rate and none of those are super inspiring.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Bernie would be great if he wasn't a dinosaur. The other two are ugh

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The Clinton campaign lost to the stupidest man in America. No one should hire anyone who worked in a senior position for that campaign

"Tell me how you hosed up and to not repeat your 2016 strategy for 2020"

Maybe?

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

That Works posted:

It's gonna end up being Sanders, K. Harris or C. Booker at this rate and none of those are super inspiring.

Harris and Booker have 0 charisma and would get walked all over by Trump. Ugh.

Like everyone else I would love Sanders but isn’t he like 75? Not trying to be ageist but dude is old.

Let’s hope and pray we get some unexpected announcements in 2019 because otherwise lol it will be 2016 all over again.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Trump

Embrace hell world

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Tammy loving Duckworth is ugh? That's a hard goddamn woman, although I'm sure the MAGA chuds would go after her for being born in Thailand.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see that you were talking about Harris and Booker. I like Kamala Harris.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

mlmp08 posted:

:wow: Who could have guessed? Who could possibly have seen this coming? :iiam:

She saw Trump's eloquent and heartfelt apology after he was proved wrong on the birther issue, and decided she wanted that for herself.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Ahmadinejad1956/status/1052172855759314944

lol

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

There was a story a while back of Booker saving a woman from a fire in Newark, and that got one of my brother's on the hype train for him to run one day. He'd probably do fine, but all of his local pharma voting would bite him in the rear end nationally and even if he won it would basically be more centrist bullshit unless he was able to get pulled left during primaries.

Kamala is amazing, but if people didn't like being lectured by a black man I don't see the black female prosecutor clips playing well.

Bernie is a fossil.

All the Dems have to do is make a slightly passable showing, and my expectations are being kept appropriately low.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

Tammy loving Duckworth is ugh? That's a hard goddamn woman, although I'm sure the MAGA chuds would go after her for being born in Thailand.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see that you were talking about Harris and Booker. I like Kamala Harris.

She likes three strikes and putting people in jail, stuff like that. She's done good but she's done bad as well. Plus I think trump would walk all over "smart in crime" angle

https://twitter.com/ArifCRafiq/status/1052169015404240896

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/Ahmadinejad1956/status/1052178368072945668?s=19

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It'll most likely be Harris.

Biden, Sanders, and Warren are too old - and that was before yesterday's stunt killed Warren's chances anyway. Biden is also a #metoo disaster waiting to happen.

Booker doesn't have the credentials or the charisma, but he'll probably be the VP pick or at least on the shortlist.

Gillibrand is a nobody.

Bloomberg is just a spoiler.

That leaves Harris. While she doesn't pass any sort of ideological purity test the internet can come up with (~Harris is a cop~) she looks good on paper. The national stage likes stuff like former AGs.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Vasudus posted:

The national stage likes stuff like former AGs.

They also like vets, but that didn't stop them with Kerry.

e; But agreed for the most part, if you look at the current crop it would have to be Kamala unless it is someone from out of nowhere or someone fundamentally flawed.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I would argue that in 2004 they didn't like vets. Because Kerry was a Vietnam vet, The Bad War, whereas now someone like Duckworth is a GWOT vet, The Good War. Troop worship got cranked up to an 11 and never stopped after like, 2005-2006.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Welp looks Warren is done for 2020 cause of that stupid stunt she did yesterday yesterday lol

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1052168909665824769?s=19

Guess that's what you get when you hire people who worked for the campaign that lost to the dumbest man in america

It was pretty obvious at the start of all this that she wasn’t Native American to anyone that is. When asked to prove it she could have immediately shown her documentation.

Tribes do not use DNA testing, they keep written records for lineage. So when husband and I have our baby here in a little bit, we will send a copy of her birth certificate to his tribe and they will send back an ID card.

She can still be Native American but she needs to do some research and trace her lineage. If she can get herself proof she’s related to someone who was a tribe member then she is Native American no matter the blood test showing she isn’t.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The big thing about that whole thing is that 99% of the population doesn't know that nor care. They see the completely infallible DNA test, hear the news about the Nation saying it's useless and she doesn't qualify, and for Joe Sixpack that's enough to mean she's not. Details of any sort are useless, the public doesn't think. This stunt 100% killed any chances of her for 2020, at least for President. She'll still be the senator for MA.

They're going to air clips of that interview in every attack ad for all eternity.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Sanders/Gabbard 2020

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Dems take house in November, economy collapses from trump shortly after, trump blames dems and he wins 2020 and appoints himself king

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Dems take house in November, economy collapses from trump shortly after, trump blames dems and he wins 2020 and appoints himself king

Uhhh spoilers?

Also lol if you don’t think character assassins won’t be out in force for Duckworth. Double lol if you think your CHUD family won’t fall for it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
There is literally no one the Democrats could run that will sway the "Proud Family Member of a Vietnam Veteran" crowd

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

She likes three strikes and putting people in jail, stuff like that. She's done good but she's done bad as well. Plus I think trump would walk all over "smart in crime" angle

I mean name one politician who hasn't.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

Vasudus posted:

I would argue that in 2004 they didn't like vets. Because Kerry was a Vietnam vet, The Bad War, whereas now someone like Duckworth is a GWOT vet, The Good War. Troop worship got cranked up to an 11 and never stopped after like, 2005-2006.

Really? Troop worship was in full swing by 2005, yo, or did you forget about 9/11?

Republicans don't like vets, they like vets that fit their idea of what a vet is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

psydude posted:

I mean name one politician who hasn't.

AOC!

(only because she hasn't been elected yet and thus does not qualify)

she will disappoint us all in due time

• Locked thread