Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Resident Idiot posted:

Literally the only good thing about Zed Seselja is that he's in the Senate and thus is even further from the leadership than he would be in the House.

He got elected the first time instead of the Greens candidate (Simon Sheikh) because Animal Justice Party preferenced the Liberals ahead of the Greens lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
She actually posted this

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
She loves ScoMo?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Brown Paper Bag posted:

He got elected the first time instead of the Greens candidate (Simon Sheikh) because Animal Justice Party preferenced the Liberals ahead of the Greens lol

Which they did because the Greens support kangaroo culling.

Which the Liberals and Labor also support as kangaroos thrive through farming land and thus are killing off native flora and fauna through expansion.

Nothing puts a certain subsection sideways than explaining New Zealand's eco policy is to murder all the non native non human mammals on the islands. Which is literally all of them but three species of bat. They are invasive and introduced.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

You Am I posted:

Goon project: bitch about how poo poo things are online, but do gently caress all in the real world

hey

i do slightly next to gently caress all, not gently caress all

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

She actually posted this

Holy loving :laffo:

Couldn't get past point 1, let alone point 2

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

Lid posted:

Prime Minister Scott Buchholz

You gave the potato a shot, now for the whole sack.

has anyone said 'more like scat buttholes' yet

Mattjpwns fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 16, 2018

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."

She actually posted this

Ugh.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

She actually posted this

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Her ignorant fuckhole quote in the preview for this season of Go Back To Where You Came From would be enough to disqualify her from ever holding office again in a just world.

I assume her behaviour throughout the series will do nothing to change this.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I watched that friendlyjordies video on the ABC and he basically says the ABC is a secret LNP organisation that only pretends to throw hard questions at the LNP in order to make the commercial stations that publicly suck LNP dick seem more normal. He then says the only solution is to donate to his patron because his channel is the sole reason for an increase in voter registration and union membership.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm not kidding he literally argues he is a better investment of public money than the ABC. He also said Tucker Carson is smart and funny.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

The Peccadillo posted:

Zed's so weird, he rules over the most progressive seat in the country as a dowdy horrible bitch

He seems bad and not good imo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Lid posted:

Which they did because the Greens support kangaroo culling.

Which the Liberals and Labor also support as kangaroos thrive through farming land and thus are killing off native flora and fauna through expansion.

Nothing puts a certain subsection sideways than explaining New Zealand's eco policy is to murder all the non native non human mammals on the islands. Which is literally all of them but three species of bat. They are invasive and introduced.

I mean not only that but they literally eat themselves out of food so you can choose to shoot them or just let whole mobs starve to death on roadsides

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Kangaroo is good healthy lean mean and the fact Australia doesn't mass farm those fuckers as our primary meat source is a missed opportunity

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
It tastes real good when prepared properly too.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah it is great man. Underrated.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Excuse me but I think you'll find that in WESTERN CIVILISATION where we're all FROM we farm COWS and PIGS and SHEEP and CHICKENS and we do it on CLEARED LAND and anything else is being a race traitor help why is my stock all dying of thirst

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

I imagine friendlyjordies tried to pitch a Yilmaz show that was just him doing a Chris Lilley. Now he's real mad they went with Superwog instead.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Hey millenials, check out this cool Steam game! It drops on the 20th.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Sparticle posted:

I imagine friendlyjordies tried to pitch a Yilmaz show that was just him doing a Chris Lilley. Now he's real mad they went with Superwog instead.

I really don't get the way that all Sydney residents seem to have this massive blindspot in that they honestly believe that promoting racial stereotypes of Lebanese-Australians isn't racist.

Like those skits were hugely offensive.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Pizza was good :colbert: don't @ me

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
From a couple of pages ago, but I wanted to bring it up since I'm in the same boat with my folks:

bell jar posted:

Absolutely. Agreed. It seems like the laws have been relaxed over the last decade or so because I'm seeing so much more gambling related advertising each year. It's hosed. My dad is a gambling addict (restricted to horse bets on good days) and I just thank his failing eyesight and general boomerness that he hasn't discovered all of those gambling/betting apps. His pokies period was a nightmare

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/10/greens-push-to-phase-out-poker-machines-in-victoria-within-a-decade

quote:

Poker machines would be phased out of pubs and clubs in Victoria within a decade under a Greens policy that would tear up a new 20-year licensing deal legislated by the state Labor government last year.

I couldn't be happier with that legislation unless they advocated cutting throats and taking cues from Guy Fawkes' playbook as well.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Don Dongington posted:

I really don't get the way that all Sydney residents seem to have this massive blindspot in that they honestly believe that promoting racial stereotypes of Lebanese-Australians isn't racist.

Like those skits were hugely offensive.

I'm not going to trawl YouTube to check and this claim might have been about another criticism levelled at him, but I think he said it's okay because he's Croatian heritage (possibly another ethnic group from same region, I suck at Geography and History, the gist was I Am Persecuted)

ETA not a defence, not condoning, just adding to the why he thinks it's okay discussion

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The surprise announcement by the prime minister, Scott Morrison, on Tuesday that Australia may relocate its embassy to Jerusalem appears to have divided Wentworth’s Jewish community, a forum on Tuesday night suggested.

The forum featured four candidates running in Saturday’s byelection and was hosted by the Jewish Board of Deputies. There was applause for the Liberal candidate, Dave Sharma, as he explained the government’s new position, though others appeared to back the assessment by the independent Kerryn Phelps that the policy was nothing more than “a politically motivated move”.

Australia’s policies on Israel and the Middle East, climate change and refugees dominated the forum.

New internal Liberal polling, published in the Australian on Wednesday, suggested Phelps is in a winning position ahead of Saturday’s vote.

Oh no own goal?

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

Korgan posted:

gently caress Sarina Russo is right, if any of you ever end up on the dole and get assigned to them, do whatever it takes to get reassigned or get your gp to give you medical exemptions. They're god awful and don't do poo poo to help you find actual work.

Max Recruitment did me in over the six months I had to deal with them. Put them up against the same wall as Sarina Russo. It was only after I got a job myself that the say me down for an assessment. It was later that I realised they were trying to put me on a higher level of need so that they could get better government kickbacks for claiming they finally got me a job.

Burn them all to the ground.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Solemn Sloth posted:

I mean not only that but they literally eat themselves out of food so you can choose to shoot them or just let whole mobs starve to death on roadsides

Also this

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/animal-justice-party-mp-mark-pearson-admits-i-strayed--for-that-morsel-20170410-gvhrss.html

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lid posted:

Oh no own goal?
That would be the second one within a week if that's the case.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Australia’s chief medical officer on Nauru has been deported lol

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I continue to be shocked at our cruelty to refugees.

And kangaroo is tasty, I used to eat it in the States.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lid posted:

The surprise announcement by the prime minister, Scott Morrison, on Tuesday that Australia may relocate its embassy to Jerusalem appears to have divided Wentworth’s Jewish community, a forum on Tuesday night suggested.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Sparticle posted:

Pizza was good :colbert: don't @ me

Yeah but weren't those guys actually Lebanese?

Also I swear there was an episode where the sign said 'Habib' as he was driving past and he was just like "aww mannn".

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Australia, Israel and the US were the only countries at the UN to vote against Palestine chairing the G77. Fantastic company.

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

Anidav posted:

Kangaroo is good healthy lean mean and the fact Australia doesn't mass farm those fuckers as our primary meat source is a missed opportunity

We'd have to build the fences too high, it's too expensive.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/australian/status/1052335273584054272

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1052313178779017216

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 17, 2018

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Reminder that single seat polls are worthless

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Sydney Vegan Club Facebook forum sure sounds like a fun place

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
croatians are about as white as greeks/italians lol, that's not an excuse

if sbs was interested in making great new australian content rather than just treading water they'd be doing comedy-writing workshop outreach in western sydney high schools, lebanese-australians are the funniest people on earth but they don't get opportunities to get stuff out there because oh no john smith aged 68 from gosford won't like this at all

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://mobile.twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1052004414645448705

I remeber making some kangaroo some farmer friend shot and gave me and it being amazing, but every single time I've tried since I've turned it into rubber somehow. I don't know if he got a super tasty boy, or if I suck at cooking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

:auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol:
https://twitter.com/HumanHeadline/status/1052339475035054081

https://twitter.com/kimbakit/status/1052335532947042304

https://twitter.com/kimbakit/status/1052337979912466432

:auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol:

• Locked thread