Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Endless Mike posted:

He's Victor Mancha from Runaways. I assume Samuringa got autocorrected.

It's more that I read it all in one go all mixed the names

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Casual Friday Venom is the best alternate costume ever.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You just give 'em on of these!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Push El Burrito posted:

And for some reason Casual Friday Venom just makes me laugh.

Jacket and pant costumes are serious business. That one appearance must have seared itself into Spider-Man's brain for him to make the "Last Stand" costume years into the future.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Rhyno posted:

Yeah I want more Casual Friday costumes.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Lobok posted:

Jacket and pant costumes are serious business. That one appearance must have seared itself into Spider-Man's brain for him to make the "Last Stand" costume years into the future.

This costume is rad and I'm glad it's in the spider man ps4 game.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Endless Mike posted:

He's Victor Mancha from Runaways. I assume Samuringa got autocorrected.

Soooo, gonna guess whoever came up with that name never consulted with anyone who speaks Spanish.

Mancha is the Spanish word for "stain"; "Don Quixote de La Mancha" translates as "Sir Quixote of The Stain". There is a legit region in Spain called La Mancha, but Cervantes is using it as a pun. It's like if I came from a town called Skidmark, NY, then went around calling myself "Queen Jackie of The Skidmark" ---- he's claiming royalty over something repulsive.

I guess it makes the funny panel even funnier, though, because dude is so stoked. "HE'S a Mancha, I'M a Mancha!" You own that stain-ness, Vic, good on you.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Monaghan posted:

Unlocks the "Unrelenting Fury" power too, which is one of my favourites.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Push El Burrito posted:

I've been reading Spider-Man

To be fair, Pete had a concussion here.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Senior Woodchuck posted:

To be fair, Pete had a concussion here.

So it's newspaper Spider-Man?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

bunnyofdoom posted:

So it's newspaper Spider-Man?

Bricks and getting tossed around by Doctor Doom'll do it.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Obviously kind of stylized perspective in that panel, but is that the same Anne-Marie from Slott's run, the woman who was involved with Doc Ock when he was in Peter Parker's body?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
DC loves gorillas.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Say Nothing posted:

DC loves gorillas.

Yes, they do.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/comics/dc_comics/why-dc-comics-is-obsessed-with-gorillas-like-grodd-a153996

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Clark enjoying that eyefucking

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Say Nothing posted:

DC loves gorillas.

Superman is just so loving done with all the gorillas.

Also, shouldn't every issue be a new untold tale of Superman? Was Titano a rerun?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

It's a great look, but reopens the wound that we never got Amalgam character Brock Gardner, the Lethal Lantern.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I guess The Shocker was too obvious?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

I guess The Shocker was too obvious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykEGtwJuZIs

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Monaghan posted:

Same. This one, too:

Push El Burrito posted:

I love the 90s and the names people were given.

I wonder if the Insomniac guys saw the "Blood Spider" at some point and updated it with true white spider etc/removing whatever his (Bane) Venom backpack thing or they developed the new primary costume for the game independently/not knowing about this...?

edit: ok comparing them a bit more, not as close a resemblance as I'd originally thought. Still dig that big spider emblem tho

sticksy fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Oct 16, 2018

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So is Jagged Bow expected to fire those small arrows on his arm or throw them like the darts they are?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

So is Jagged Bow expected to fire those small arrows on his arm or throw them like the darts they are?

They're collapsible arrows. Very deadly.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

GrandpaPants posted:

They are melee arrows, he doesn't have to pull back the string very far for that.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

sticksy posted:

Same. This one, too:

I wonder if the Insomniac guys saw the "Blood Spider" at some point and updated it with true white spider etc/removing whatever his (Bane) Venom backpack thing or they developed the new primary costume for the game independently/not knowing about this...?

edit: ok comparing them a bit more, not as close a resemblance as I'd originally thought. Still dig that big spider emblem tho

Look up Spider-Man 2099

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

GrandpaPants posted:

Look at this fool who's never heard of a mini-bow

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

sticksy posted:

Same. This one, too:

I can't look at Blood Spider and not be reminded of Spider Man 2099.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Push El Burrito posted:

This is really familiar, but I can't quite place it. What's the context for this again?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

davidspackage posted:

This is really familiar, but I can't quite place it. What's the context for this again?

those three were assassins trained by Taskmaster in the fighting styles of Captain America, Hawkeye and Spider-man, and Solo is there because its the 90s

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Wouldn't the guy trained to fight like Spider-Man be completely hosed because he wouldn't have any of the related powers that makes it work? It's like if he trained someone to fight like the Hulk. It's not suddenly going to let you throw tanks at people.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm sure some of Spidey's techniques can be matched by training.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Lurdiak posted:

Sure, but a lot of them are going to rely on his superhuman strength and agility, and without his spider-sense warning you about danger his high risk acrobatic fighting is probably less practical than just training the guy like another human combat expert.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think you need much training to be knocked unconscious by a falling brick.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zaodai posted:

Wouldn't the guy trained to fight like Spider-Man be completely hosed because he wouldn't have any of the related powers that makes it work? It's like if he trained someone to fight like the Hulk. It's not suddenly going to let you throw tanks at people.

Taskmaster knew Solo just wanted some cannon fodder so he sold Solo some "assassins trained in the fighting styles of Captain America, Hawkeye, and Spider-Man! Guaranteed satisfaction or your money back!"

It's like how a cook will use a worse hunk of meat for a customer who orders well-done. Why bother with the good stuff if it's gonna be charred to a crisp?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Zaodai posted:

Sure, but a lot of them are going to rely on his superhuman strength and agility, and without his spider-sense warning you about danger his high risk acrobatic fighting is probably less practical than just training the guy like another human combat expert.

Taskmaster isn't gonna turn down a paying gig. If someone shows up with cash in hand and says they want a dude with Cyclops' beams, he'll bolt a gun to a guy's face and deliver it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kalli posted:

Taskmaster isn't gonna turn down a paying gig. If someone shows up with cash in hand and says they want a dude with Cyclops' beams, he'll bolt a gun to a guy's face and deliver it.

I like this line of thinking.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Soooo, gonna guess whoever came up with that name never consulted with anyone who speaks Spanish.

Mancha is the Spanish word for "stain"; "Don Quixote de La Mancha" translates as "Sir Quixote of The Stain". There is a legit region in Spain called La Mancha, but Cervantes is using it as a pun. It's like if I came from a town called Skidmark, NY, then went around calling myself "Queen Jackie of The Skidmark" ---- he's claiming royalty over something repulsive.

I guess it makes the funny panel even funnier, though, because dude is so stoked. "HE'S a Mancha, I'M a Mancha!" You own that stain-ness, Vic, good on you.

Huh, idkt

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Push El Burrito posted:

I'm assuming the next panel is him getting shot by the arrow guy in the middle because he concentrated his fire on spider-guy and the dude with a shield

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Gnome de plume posted:

I'm assuming the next panel is him getting shot by the arrow guy in the middle because he concentrated his fire on spider-guy and the dude with a shield
It's Solo, he'll teleport out of harm's way just in time! Probably while saying his catchphrase, "While Solo lives, terror dies!" Then he'll continue wildly firing in every direction except in front of him.

I don't know how he didn't kill anyone during that part of Revenge of the Sinister Six where Mysterio uses his illusions to make the heroes look like the Sinister Six members to each other. Of course he did almost kill Spider-Man in a similar situation in one of the previous issues, which gave us the glorious Cyborg Spider-Man! Honestly, Revenge of the Sinister Six might be the one of the most 90s comics in existence.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Solo is one of the most 90s characters ever. If you want an image of the 90s, don't imagine Liefeld characters, imagine Solo jumping through a window firing two machine guns yelling, "WHILE I LIVE, TERROR DIES!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Solo is one of the most 90s characters ever. If you want an image of the 90s, don't imagine Liefeld characters, imagine Solo jumping through a window firing two machine guns yelling, "WHILE I LIVE, TERROR DIES!"

The he drops a mic and sparkle teleports out.