Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Ikelos was already nerfed by reducing its synergy with tractor cannon, I don't know why people expect it to be nerfed again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's damage was also reduced when it moved from Heavy to Energy slot.

It needs no changes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It actually needs buffed, with auto-loading holster.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

It actually needs buffed, with auto-loading holster.

ikelos already has auto loading holster. stop playing as trash tier warlocks and titans.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
As long as a gun isn't loving up PvP, there's no reason to nerf it.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

qbert posted:

As long as a gun isn't loving up PvP, there's no reason to nerf it.

Most people that I've seen complain about it complain in the context of gambit. But honestly, getting one isn't that bad now with the QoL changes to escalation protocol. If you think it's strong, then go get one!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Emron posted:

Most people that I've seen complain about it complain in the context of gambit. But honestly, getting one isn't that bad now with the QoL changes to escalation protocol. If you think it's strong, then go get one!

It's just lame because it is unambiguously BiS for Gambit. Make it an exotic or do the box breathing thing and make trench barrel only the first shot following and then a cool down (pro tip: this is what is coming the end of the month)

loving merciless is an exotic at least lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's great in Gambit, but like anything that isn't 1KVoices, it has weaknesses or counters.

-High chance of getting stomped to oblivion
-Invade and have 4 nice easy targets on the platform
-Shares ammo with Blocker Killing Duty

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Recently back to the game, I got lucky with that shotgun on my first EP. What's in the actual EP chests though? Not even close to creating a key.

VVV ahh gently caress that then. Thanks!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Boosh! posted:

Recently back to the game, I got lucky with that shotgun on my first EP. What's in the actual EP chests though? Not even close to creating a key.

some year 1 armor that has no relevance in year 2

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

some year 1 armor that has no relevance in year 2

Unless you're going for the Wayfarer title. I still need the helmet on my Titan.

Also thought I was done farming dumb sleeper nodes, turns out I never got the dumb Braytech sniper.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Basically left work at noon to play the spooky forest or whatever the gently caress and it is what people wanted the infinite forest to be in the firstplace. The highest I've gotten through is the 6th boss for which you get 7 fragments which makes farming horror story (which is sold at 600) a piece of cake. I hate wearing the dumb loving mask and I regretted assassin nightmare killer at first but the last boss had a fuckton of health and we barely burned it down so maybe not a poor choice.

I def am hopping on discord later because jesus christ pubbies dont seem to get that rezzing yourself drops you at the beginning, and that the goal isn't to get through the gates asap (just kill dudes)

I'm not bothering with the fighting lion catalyst because it is trash.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

qbert posted:

dumb Braytech sniper.

excuse you, sir. https://i.imgur.com/fvOkh0U.gifv

(the braytech continues to have the highest AA of its archetype and has quickdraw with a native low zoom scope)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Braytech more like

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

(the braytech continues to have the highest AA of its archetype and has quickdraw with a native low zoom scope)

I wouldn't know, I'm too busy shooting my 5th 18 Kelvins, my 3rd Winter Wolf, and my 7th Niflheim Frost.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
there are still some sneaky good y1 guns that are now gooder because of the slot changes.

the final season DO sniper "Anniella" is rapid frame which means a poo poo load of AA, short zoom, accu for more range(aa) and Opening Shot

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

qbert posted:

I wouldn't know, I'm too busy shooting my 5th 18 Kelvins, my 3rd Winter Wolf, and my 7th Niflheim Frost.

yeah the whole music box thing is dumb af

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Braytech Osprey has ridiculous stats and frankly cluster bombs as the only perk is fine

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Hell yeah it

Beats
Rocking
A
Year
Two
Energy
Critical
Hit
Seeker.
Now
I'm
Punishing
Every
Rube,
Firing
Randomly
In
General,
Immediately
Denying
Jackasses
Any
Captures,
Killing
And
Laughing

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
:captainpop:

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Who is this Bakken the Relentless that can be "summoned in the Divalian Mists"? Whasn't that just the scorn ogre you could summon near the gate to the well?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm not good at shooters so I just run around with a grenade launcher in 2 of my 3 slots and punch people when I run out.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

rodbeard posted:

I'm not good at shooters so I just run around with a grenade launcher in 2 of my 3 slots and punch people when I run out.

Bruh do the lake of shadows nightfall enough this week and you can go 3/3

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's safe to buy just forsaken now right? I don't have to get the old expansions.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hell yeah, first scary forest run an exotic engram drops...Trinity Ghoul :toot:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

rodbeard posted:

It's safe to buy just forsaken now right? I don't have to get the old expansions.

https://www.destinythegame.com/buy

They'll try to trick you into buying the $70 edition. Click around and you'll find the $39.99 Warmind, which includes Osiris/Warmind (old expansions)

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

rodbeard posted:

Correct.

quote:

Effective October 16, the purchase of Destiny 2: Forsaken will include the two expansions included in the Destiny 2 Expansion Pass. Every player of Destiny 2 who has yet to touch down on the Tangled Shore will need only the Forsaken upgrade. Our hope is that this will eliminate some of the questions that confront a player as they try to join our party.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Patch is good. Halloween stuff is good. Iron banner changes are good.

Good, good, good.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hell yeah it

Beats
Rocking
A
Year
Two
Energy
Critical
Hit
Seeker.
Now
I'm
Punishing
Every
Rube,
Firing
Randomly
In
General,
Immediately
Denying
Jackasses
Any
Captures,
Killing
And
Laughing

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Do bounties and primes lock the reward level when they're completed /dropped or on opening. I forget?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

Do bounties and primes lock the reward level when they're completed /dropped or on opening. I forget?

they are dynamic (on open)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cheers

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

they are dynamic (on open)

Primes aren't dynamic anymore, it sucks!!!!!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Primes aren't dynamic anymore, it sucks!!!!!

since when?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
:ughh:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

So how do Scout Rifles feel now?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Uh all my gear just opens 600 now

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Uh all my gear just opens 600 now

nice humblebrag

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Nothing humble about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I have a chicken mask now because Halloween, but it has no power level attached to it and equipping it replaces my 522 helmet and drops my overall power level a bunch :wtc: