Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
That looks pretty loving great. I am officially allowing myself to have hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

^same. May all the gods let this season be good.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Yeah, I'm starting to get hyped. That was a good trailer.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Anyone can make a good trailer. That's the plot to an entire season of Entourage. It's gonna be a muddled mess after everything that's happened. :(

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey man, just let us dream ok

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Let us live in blissful wonderful ignorance

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Klungar posted:

It's a Starz series.
Really? Amazon advertises it as Prime Original over here. Them and Netflix need to stop that sort of poo poo.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
You can make anything look good in a trailer (see the long trailer for The Day the Earth Stood Still remake as an example), so I’m still hedging my bets. The productions sounds like a clusterfuck and shows rarely fare better after losing so much talent (both in front of and behind the lens)...

...but that looked better than I ever expected.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I have a collection of movie trailers that were ten times better than the movie itself. Hopefully this doesn't join them.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
TBF you can make anything look awesome if you put Al Swearengen in front of it talking dramatically.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Combat Pretzel posted:

Really? Amazon advertises it as Prime Original over here. Them and Netflix need to stop that sort of poo poo.

It airs on Starz in America but Amazon has distribution worldwide.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’m probably gonna do what I did with S1. Wait for the whole season to be out and buy a month of Starz on Amazon.

Unless it ends up being rear end

It’s probably gonna be rear end.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m probably gonna do what I did with S1. Wait for the whole season to be out and buy a month of Starz on Amazon.

It’s probably gonna be rear end.

:ssh:

You can do this the month that the last 4 episodes air...

April
Jul 3, 2006

I�m probably gonna do what I did with S1. Wait for the whole season to be out and buy a month of Starz on Amazon.

It�s probably gonna be rear end.

Off-topic, but why does "I'm" look like that? I'm seeing the gibberish instead of an apostrophe in some posts in different threads, but not others, so I don't think it's my browser settings. Sorry for the derail, but it's bugging me.

On-topic: As long as Ian McShane is Wednesday, and Ricky Whittle is Shadow, I'm in. And as long as Mad Sweeney is spewing profanity, of course. I could listen to that all day.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

April posted:

Off-topic, but why does "I'm" look like that? I'm seeing the gibberish instead of an apostrophe in some posts in different threads, but not others, so I don't think it's my browser settings. Sorry for the derail, but it's bugging me.

On-topic: As long as Ian McShane is Wednesday, and Ricky Whittle is Shadow, I'm in. And as long as Mad Sweeney is spewing profanity, of course. I could listen to that all day.

I'm seeing it too: I assume some phone update hosed a bunch of people's system character settings. :shrug:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I'm seeing it too: I assume some phone update hosed a bunch of people's system character settings. :shrug:

I'm getting it on Chrome on PC too.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

I had pretty much given up on this show, but I have now ungiven up on it.

i didn't expect it to make it through production at all, so if it's even kinda watchable i suppose that's a win

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Prav posted:

i didn't expect it to make it through production at all, so if it's even kinda watchable i suppose that's a win

As far as I know, it technically still hasn't. Last I heard they'd still stalled midway through filming the finale.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I�m probably gonna do what I did with S1. Wait for the whole season to be out and buy a month of Starz on Amazon.

It�s probably gonna be rear end.

I've been bitter at Starz since the death of Ash vs Evil Dead. :rip:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blazing Ownager posted:

I've been bitter at Starz since the death of Ash vs Evil Dead. :rip:

They also made Sweetbitter. Which is the most pretentious show ever made.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
There's always Spartacus and Black Sails though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kilson posted:

There's always Spartacus and Black Sails though.

:hist101: :black101:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Counterpart too.

And, look, they made three seasons of Ash vs Evil Dead, despite the ratings tanking from the second season. And they never cut the budget on that thing either.

Nothing but respect for the way they've treated their shows.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

As far as I know, it technically still hasn't. Last I heard they'd still stalled midway through filming the finale.

They've wrapped filming and are in post.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Steve Yun posted:

He is, this is all happening because he left

or maybe fuller and green left because this is the sort of thing they were having to deal with

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

They've wrapped filming and are in post.

Uh, not quite. They literally just wrapped today.

https://twitter.com/MrRickyWhittle/status/1051688110407348224

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Are they already greenlit for Season 3 as Mr. Whittle's tweet would seem to imply?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://screenrant.com/american-gods-season-6-book-sequel/

Jumping the gun a bit there Neil...

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I had completely forgotten he announced he’s working on a sequel book. No mention of Anansi Boys taking up a season or two, is he expecting the back half of the novel to take up 4 seasons?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That trailer looks so good. Please let the show be good :pray:

Didn't know he was planning a sequel, how long's that been in development?

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Gaiman has always been willing to suggest that American Gods would eventually get a sequel. Without spoiling too much, the ending definitely leaves open the possibility of doing so. If or when he decides to write one is another question. And plus, the world has changed so much since American Gods that a sequel could be a wildly different sort of creation.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Gaiman has always been willing to suggest that American Gods would eventually get a sequel. Without spoiling too much, the ending definitely leaves open the possibility of doing so. If or when he decides to write one is another question. And plus, the world has changed so much since American Gods that a sequel could be a wildly different sort of creation.

I thought I remembered him tweeting when the show was greenlit that he was going to get started on a sequel, however this article from 2017 claims that he's working on 3 other books first (a Norse mythology book, a Neverwhere sequel, and a children's book).

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 16, 2018

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Shooting Blanks posted:

I thought I remembered him tweeting when the show was greenlit that he was going to get started on a sequel, however this article from 2017 claims that he's working on 3 other books first (a Norse mythology book, a Neverwhere sequel, and a children's book).

The Norse mythology book was published a little while back, so that's one down.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Dienes posted:

The Norse mythology book was published a little while back, so that's one down.

I listened to the audiobook on a recent road trip, would recommend. He does the narration, and is a pretty awesome storyteller.

April
Jul 3, 2006

Crow Jane posted:

I listened to the audiobook on a recent road trip, would recommend. He does the narration, and is a pretty awesome storyteller.

Seconding this. Am I the only one who thinks he sounds remarkably like Alan Rickman?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

We have a premiere date.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Dang, March 3010. That's rough.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

That plainly says 3rd of October.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

gently caress yeah that's my birthday :burger:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Glad it's been rated 3/10 before we even have a release date.