Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Lol this one is in Santa Cruz, CA.

You're from Santa Cruz? I live there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Teagan posted:

About a year ago I posted a crappy recording on an old tablet, I have a new one now, so here's some bob dylan.

https://soundcloud.com/eddy-bee-642245998/blowininthewind

Also, Picnic Princess's cat again, because it is SO cute

Picnic Princess posted:

I bring cat video!

https://i.imgur.com/VYPw0ix.mp4

nested quote since you did this noble NEEDED deed last post last page and I gotchu

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

I just wanna show off my Halloween nails

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

antidote posted:

You're from Santa Cruz? I live there.

I was born there and have family in the area still. Sadly I’ve settled down near Seattle but half of my heart is always on the NorCal coast.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

I was born there and have family in the area still. Sadly I’ve settled down near Seattle but half of my heart is always on the NorCal coast.

Nice! Well, always a pleasure to meet another.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

LingcodKilla posted:

It kills me to think that Santa Cruz could be referred to as “NorCal.”

(I’m an hour North of San Francisco but grew up on the Central Coast)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

FreshFeesh posted:

It kills me to think that Santa Cruz could be referred to as “NorCal.”

(I’m an hour North of San Francisco but grew up on the Central Coast)

I can’t think of a town on the coast you wouldn’t consider north or south cal. I guess San Lo? Santa Barbara is certainly SoCal.

It’s a big loving state.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Santa Cruz is midcal, sorry not sorry

we lost our health insurance at the end of September and two days or so later I got strep throat. I was in bed for days while my immune system fought with it. today's the first day in a while I feel semi-human.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I know nothing of California except I want to go to Monterey Bay for whale watching.

Canada is a mess when you try to apply the cardinal directions geographically. We really don't call anything Southern Canada except maybe Toronto/Niagara if you're being weird. We call Ontario and Quebec Eastern Canada here in the prairies because the real Eastern Canada is already called the Maritimes.

We definitely have a northern Canada, it's the territories and often includes north Ontario, north Quebec, and sometimes Labrador. Labrador is often not included in the Maritimes and is often completely forgotten about. Western Canada is anything west of Ontario.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Where I am from in QC, we have "Out East" "Out West" and "Canada". So if you are going to the Maritimes, you are headed Out East, if you are going to the prairies it's Out West, and if you are going to Ontario, you're going to Canada. Oh, and if you are going to visit a relative, you are invariably "Going Up North".

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Northern California might as well be Southern Oregon. It is a perpetual embarrassment to this, the finest of these United States..

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I went to El Paso.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Oregon has a coast? Only destination I can think of is Astoria.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

LingcodKilla posted:

I can’t think of a town on the coast you wouldn’t consider north or south cal. I guess San Lo?

Right in one – raised in SLO.

For me, anything north of Monterey becomes the Bay Area (South Bay, Peninsula, North Bay), then the generic "Northern California" beyond that.

Anything south of Santa Maria is "Southern California."

Anything around or East of the 5 is "Ugh."

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

chitoryu12 posted:

I went to El Paso.

I'm sorry.

Texas has East Texas, West Texas, North Texas, Gulf Coast Texas, Borderlands Texas, and Pan Handle Texas. But everything else is called by the closest city Houston (NOLA refuge), San Antonio (farthest south you actually want to go), and Austin (Hipsters). Waco is just a place you stop to get gas and eat going between North Texas and Houston/Austin.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

JEEVES420 posted:

I'm sorry.

Texas has East Texas, West Texas, North Texas, Gulf Coast Texas, Borderlands Texas, and Pan Handle Texas. But everything else is called by the closest city Houston (NOLA refuge), San Antonio (farthest south you actually want to go), and Austin (Hipsters). Waco is just a place you stop to get gas and eat going between North Texas and Houston/Austin.

I know it is pronounced WAYCO, but in my head I really hope that there are people out there who say Whacko. Or that it somehow lives up to that pronunciation.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

on that topic.... Cairo, GA.

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

antidote posted:

Nice! Well, always a pleasure to meet another.

Another santa cruz goon here.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Peeny Cheez posted:

Northern California might as well be Southern Oregon. It is a perpetual embarrassment to this, the finest of these United States..

I'm sorry about your wrong opinion but I'll take (northern) California. Minus the methd up bits around Sacramento or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd8WjeK8riE

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

FreshFeesh posted:

Right in one – raised in SLO.

For me, anything north of Monterey becomes the Bay Area (South Bay, Peninsula, North Bay), then the generic "Northern California" beyond that.

Anything south of Santa Maria is "Southern California."

Anything around or East of the 5 is "Ugh."

Hey! I'm born and raised in Paso Robles. (still there also)

Don't for get about the Sierras east of the 5. Well worth trudging through the rest of it!

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
Hello from SF. Also needing a haircut. And yes, that is a cut-up cardboard Amazon box to cover the oblong window, WHAT OF IT, HUH?!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

you can afford a place with a cardboard window in SF? :aaa:

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
Yes. But nothing else.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

that's why it's important to vote yes on 10 :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Speaking of California, I've developed enough of a tan just from existing here that I realized at work the other day I have a ghostly ankh print on my chest where my amulet always lies

honestly? no complain :lol:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Got super high this weekend.

Sandia Crest, New Mexico 10,679 feet.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

My brother found a box of old photos so here's me after getting stung in the eye by a wasp.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

PurdWerfect posted:

Another santa cruz goon here.

Small world! We about have enough to have a party.

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

WICKEDLY A BIRD posted:

Speaking of California, I've developed enough of a tan just from existing here that I realized at work the other day I have a ghostly ankh print on my chest where my amulet always lies

honestly? no complain :lol:

Where My Amulet Always Lies is one of my most favoritest bands.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

PurdWerfect posted:

Where My Amulet Always Lies is one of my most favoritest bands.

:hai:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Picnic Princess posted:

I know nothing of California except I want to go to Monterey Bay for whale watching.

Canada is a mess when you try to apply the cardinal directions geographically. We really don't call anything Southern Canada except maybe Toronto/Niagara if you're being weird. We call Ontario and Quebec Eastern Canada here in the prairies because the real Eastern Canada is already called the Maritimes.

We definitely have a northern Canada, it's the territories and often includes north Ontario, north Quebec, and sometimes Labrador. Labrador is often not included in the Maritimes and is often completely forgotten about. Western Canada is anything west of Ontario.

We southerners don't necessarily call Toronto/Niagara "southern Canada" Though we do poo poo like say "Northern Ontario" which is like north of Sudbury/Northbay. Then that gets subdivided to north eastern and north western Ont. "Central" is like from Barrie up to Northbay/Sudbury. Eastern Ontario is, arguably, east of like Cobourg to the border with the swamp (Quebec). Southwestern Ont is from probably Kitchener/Waterloo, and Cambridge down to Windsor and Sarnia.

I've heard people refer to Ontario as being part of "Central Canada" and occasionally Western Canada though I'm always like WTF when I hear that one. I always feel like Western Canada though would be Alberta and B.C. Central would be Sasquatchewan and Peopletoba. While Onterrible is...... gently caress I dunno.

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

that's why it's important to vote yes on 10 :)

I'm a dirty foreigner (Brit) so I can't vote :(

(But I'm also a card-carrying member of the SFDSA 🌹)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

wesleywillis posted:

We southerners don't necessarily call Toronto/Niagara "southern Canada" Though we do poo poo like say "Northern Ontario" which is like north of Sudbury/Northbay. Then that gets subdivided to north eastern and north western Ont. "Central" is like from Barrie up to Northbay/Sudbury. Eastern Ontario is, arguably, east of like Cobourg to the border with the swamp (Quebec). Southwestern Ont is from probably Kitchener/Waterloo, and Cambridge down to Windsor and Sarnia.

I've heard people refer to Ontario as being part of "Central Canada" and occasionally Western Canada though I'm always like WTF when I hear that one. I always feel like Western Canada though would be Alberta and B.C. Central would be Sasquatchewan and Peopletoba. While Onterrible is...... gently caress I dunno.

I should also mention that if you hear anyone from Alberta say "I went up north for work" it means they went to Fort McMurray.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

Oregon has a coast? Only destination I can think of is Astoria.

Oregon has an awesome coast. For the rv / car camping crowd, Oregon state parks along the coast are tough to beat. Ft. Stevens is great. And they have the 1967 beach bill, which keeps the greedheads from rent seeking on certain public goods.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

I need to shampoo it and blow dry, but I am living for my new wig :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

yaaaas

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Switzerland posted:

I'm a dirty foreigner (Brit) so I can't vote :(

relatable feels. don't forget to maintain some sort of residency status in the UK so your eligibility to vote there doesn't expire :negative:

Teagan posted:

I need to shampoo it and blow dry, but I am living for my new wig :)

you are fantastic

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Wigs own, I don't get the hate. Wig on!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Thanks! Wigs can be really nice if you buy high quality. I do not buy high quality.

I am never satisfied with how I look, and I like the idea that I can be whoever I want to be, on a daily basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.