Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Herserious reposition ability is Fate Walker though

It used to be. Fate Walker is pretty god drat meh now that it doesn't happen at the end of your turn. Old Fate Walker + Incite would be loving ridic

e:

https://cid.privateerpress.com/foru...Y4ccpbCz_ujvJ1Y

S.J. fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

S.J. posted:

It used to be. Fate Walker is pretty god drat meh now that it doesn't happen at the end of your turn. Old Fate Walker + Incite would be loving ridic

e:

https://cid.privateerpress.com/foru...Y4ccpbCz_ujvJ1Y

Thanks, I got to put my comment into the void and now run away.

Edit: One problem I have is that they state they want Mak3 to do work, but there's no way for her to get pathfinder unless your opponent gives it to you via battle driven if you take her in Exalted theme.

waah fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 16, 2018

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

waah posted:

but there's no way for her to get pathfinder unless your opponent gives it to you via battle driven if you take her in Exalted theme.

On the other hand her guardians are shield guards and she can take a drake if she wants to spend a fury for pathfinder.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

neonchameleon posted:

On the other hand her guardians are shield guards and she can take a drake if she wants to spend a fury for pathfinder.

That seems like a suboptimal choice to take a Drake for pathfinder and to give up your initial charge attack and a point of fury just for pathfinder.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

waah posted:

That seems like a suboptimal choice to take a Drake for pathfinder and to give up your initial charge attack and a point of fury just for pathfinder.

You dont give up your charge attack. Lurker gives Bushwack and Pathfinder. It does not force you to Bushwack.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Gorefiend posted:

You dont give up your charge attack. Lurker gives Bushwack and Pathfinder. It does not force you to Bushwack.

It is me. It is I who is terrible at this game.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

I had a legendary surf last night. Two full units of ret elves, one ambush unit that clustered around Molik Karn, and a unit of archers, all def 14.

Mak3 killed half the board, 20 models. He positioned his archers to protect against the hydra's sprays and fell into a great overtake layout. Also clearing and healing Molik (from 2hp) who charged his colossal. Then I sprinted 8” behind a wall.

It was really fun, and I didn't need to cast on a beast.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Anyone remember when the Wills were talking about maybe changing the irregular theme to be less open? I got some turbo nerd all huffed up but I can’t remember where they said it.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Makedathon continues. Latest iteration from today’s Dev Talk replaces Hand of Ruin (overtake and grievous on a single warrior model) with Deathbringers (battlegroup models in her control area gain grievous on melee weapons. Cost 2, non upkeep) and Eliminator (cost 3, pow 13 nuke, she moves 2” per enemy model killed) and her guardians gain overtake.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I have never, ever seen eliminator cast for any reason before.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Jimmy Hats posted:

I have never, ever seen eliminator cast for any reason before.

I have, by me, and it's always ended poorly. I was hoping they'd shelve it completely.

VVVV: What usually happened is that I would think, oh, I can cast eliminator and kill one of those 2 or 3 dudes, and get the extra few inches I need to go nuts on my feat turn.

Eliminator goes off, and either doesn't kill stuff, or kills the some weird combination of models that prevent you from surfing, and you go "why did I ever cast eliminator"

waah fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 17, 2018

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I think it could be situationally useful but unless she’s on feat turn and mowing down dudes I don’t know where she’s going to get the fury for that and Incite and anything else she wants to cast.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

head58 posted:

I think it could be situationally useful but unless she’s on feat turn and mowing down dudes I don’t know where she’s going to get the fury for that and Incite and anything else she wants to cast.

That's generally what it's for. A feat turn blood boon to give her 2" extra of movement on one overtake, letting her cast off and threaten the enemy caster or just leap the gap between units. I can't see it ever cast when not blood booned, but shot into the back of some poor trooper when half way through a crowdsurf it's effectively RAT 10 (6 + Incite + back strike) and POW 15. Far more effective with the free Incite than the old version ever was, especially with Makeda having Overtake when she never had access to beat back in Mk2 and rarely had hand of death on herself in Mk3.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I guessssssss blood boon makes it workable but the idea of eliminator being something I have to respect is why this is a dying gay game

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Uh, Eliminator is really good on her feat turn? You get a fury back for it if nothing else if you kill something. It's a nice bonus blood boon between either that or a POW 13 spray. I really like this version of her. Even in Mk2, eliminator was literally how you got her around the board on feat turn to take advantage of vortex.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Why did I buy so many scarsfell?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Paul Proteus posted:

So you could play the dumbest circle warlock for some reason

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

So you could play the dumbest circle warlock for some reason

You're right kaya3 is bad

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Paul Proteus posted:

Degeneracy, mostly

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Paul Proteus posted:

Because you're a good person who likes good things and also screeching 'CAW CAW' right before your opponents army and/or caster disappears

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

S.J. posted:

Because you're a good person who likes good things and also screeching 'CAW CAW' right before your opponents army and/or caster disappears

I can't wait until MK4 comes and then suddenly Goraxes are amazing and people are running 8 of them so I can put them next to my 8 woldwatchers and 8 scarsfell griffons.

At least I didn't fall for the Argus Kromac2 spam list at the end of MK2...

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I'm gonna be honest it kind of bugs me you can't run an argus spam list anymore because getting to say 'GOOD BOY' every time you kill something would never get old

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

S.J. posted:

I'm gonna be honest it kind of bugs me you can't run an argus spam list anymore because getting to say 'GOOD BOY' every time you kill something would never get old

Kaya 3 can run one pretty decent.

War Room Army

Circle Orboros - New Army

Theme: Call of the Wild
3 / 3 Free Cards 73 / 75 Army

Kaya the Wildheart - WB: +27
- Gorax Rager - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Wild Argus - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Wild Argus - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Wild Argus - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 6)
- Wild Argus - PC: 7
- Argus Moonhound - PC: 6
- Argus Moonhound - PC: 6
- Winter Argus - PC: 8
- Winter Argus - PC: 8
- Pureblood Warpwolf - PC: 17

Blackclad Wayfarer - PC: 0
Blackclad Wayfarer - PC: 0
Lord of the Feast - PC: 0

Shifting Stones - Leader & 2 Grunts: 3
Shifting Stones - Leader & 2 Grunts: 3

THEME: Call of the Wild
---

GENERATED : 10/18/2018 15:26:44
BUILD ID : 2069.18-10-06

Live the dream again.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Not enough winter argii.

No, really.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Tried this tonight. Lost twice, but hey, one was mistaking Dreamer's pets for Warcaster Unit members and having one steal a flag, other was against a really mean Kallus list with BB, 2xChosen, 2xCrows, and dealing it quite a bloody nose on the way out.
War Room Army

Khador - New Army

Theme: Jaws of the Wolf
2 / 2 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Fuel Cache - Steamroller Objective

Vladimir Tzepesci, The Dark Prince - WJ: +28
- War Dog - PC: 3
- Juggernaut - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
- Juggernaut - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
- Kodiak - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 2)
- Spriggan - PC: 17

Manhunter - PC: 4
Manhunter - PC: 4
Widowmaker Marksman - PC: 0
Yuri the Axe - PC: 0
Greylord Forge Seer - PC: 4
- Destroyer - PC: 14

Kayazy Eliminators - Leader & Grunt: 5
Widowmaker Scouts - Leader & 3 Grunts: 8

THEME: Jaws of the Wolf
---

GENERATED : 10/19/2018 00:31:12

Highlight was the two MH tearing a Skin and Moans apart.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I’ll be bringing these two lists to a tournament next week:

War Room Army

Khador - Butcher 3 Jaws

Theme: Jaws of the Wolf
3 / 3 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Kommander Zoktavir, the Butcher Unleashed - WJ: +22
- War Argus
- Ruin - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 17)
- Devastator - PC: 14 (Battlegroup Points Used: 5)
- Kodiak - PC: 13
- Behemoth - PC: 25

Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - PC: 5
Yuri the Axe - PC: 0
Greylord Forge Seer - PC: 0
Greylord Forge Seer - PC: 0

THEME: Jaws of the Wolf
---

GENERATED : 10/18/2018 16:47:44

And

War Room Army

Khador - Sorscha 3 AC

Theme: Armored Corps
2 / 2 Free Cards 74 / 75 Army

Kommandant Sorscha Kratikoff - WJ: +28
- Beast 09 - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Kodiak - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)

Man-O-War Suppression Tanker - PC: 6
Man-O-War Suppression Tanker - PC: 0
Man-O-War Kovnik - PC: 4
Man-O-War Drakhun - PC: 9
- Man-O-War Drakhun (Continued)
Man-O-War Strike Tanker - PC: 5
Man-O-War Strike Tanker - PC: 5

Man-O-War Demolition Corps - Leader & 4 Grunts: 14
- Sergeant Dragos Dragadovich - PC: 0
Kommandant Atanas Arconovich & Standard - Arconovich & Standard Bearer: 7

THEME: Armored Corps
---

GENERATED : 10/18/2018 16:48:20

Figure I can at least catch a gotcha counter charge at least once before falling flat on my face.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Got 3rd in a small local tourney today. Lost against Crucible Guard in part because the terrain didn't let me move my huge Convergence bases around very well into the scenario and partially because I'd literally never played against them before. Used my winnings to get a real cheap Dire Troll Brawler :unsmith:

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Does anyone know what foam is made from? If it’s recyclable or not?

Hackjack
Apr 1, 2013

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Does anyone know what foam is made from? If it’s recyclable or not?

I think you would need to be more specific about what kind of foam you’re referring to. =)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I played against a friend's Cryx today with Barnabas2.

At the end of the game, I overextended Barney slightly and forgot to leave one of my beasts open for transfers.

Asphyxious1 put dark shroud on his surviving heavy jack, cast Parasite on Barney... and missed due to Execration of Blackest Night + Swarm. So he feated, and tried again, and missed. And again (boosted), and finally stuck it.

With -5 armor (-3 vs melee) but +4 defense against most things, it took literally his entire surviving army (mostly satyxis using a lot of Gang and 80% of them getting back strike bonuses between guns and reach and charges) to bring him down, killing him with the last possible model that could attack (which had grievous wounds so I couldn't tough - I rolled it anyway for the funsies and got a 5)

What I'm saying is Barnabas Lord of Blood is robust as gently caress

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Hackjack posted:

I think you would need to be more specific about what kind of foam you’re referring to. =)

Sorry I meant the black foam found in the blister packs. Or extra pluck foam for that matter.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Archenteron posted:

I played against a friend's Cryx today with Barnabas2.

At the end of the game, I overextended Barney slightly and forgot to leave one of my beasts open for transfers.

Asphyxious1 put dark shroud on his surviving heavy jack, cast Parasite on Barney... and missed due to Execration of Blackest Night + Swarm. So he feated, and tried again, and missed. And again (boosted), and finally stuck it.

With -5 armor (-3 vs melee) but +4 defense against most things, it took literally his entire surviving army (mostly satyxis using a lot of Gang and 80% of them getting back strike bonuses between guns and reach and charges) to bring him down, killing him with the last possible model that could attack (which had grievous wounds so I couldn't tough - I rolled it anyway for the funsies and got a 5)

What I'm saying is Barnabas Lord of Blood is robust as gently caress

Execration of Blackest Night is the most metal name for a spell and I love it. Also Barny 2 is a loving boss.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

S.J. posted:

Execration of Blackest Night is the most metal name for a spell and I love it. Also Barny 2 is a loving boss.

Barny 2 is the best caster they've released since the start of MK3 and I don't think it's even close.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

CaptCommy posted:

Barny 2 is the best caster they've released since the start of MK3 and I don't think it's even close.

Yep. Rules, theme, model, he's 11/10

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

The Lord Of Blood - Execration of Blackest Night
*gator man with a flayed open chest and exposed heart surfing a wave of skeletons in the center of a swamp, surrounded by smaller waves of skeletons*

Seriously he's a loving metal album cover that :regd10: would be proud of.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I don't play Khador but I NEED this

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I was playing Calaban yesterday and I really want my indirect Carnivore buff to come through from the Circle CID. Austin meta has really been angling toward single wound infantry over the last few months, and I just want to run him with a Sacral Vault always now.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

counterspin posted:

I was playing Calaban yesterday and I really want my indirect Carnivore buff to come through from the Circle CID. Austin meta has really been angling toward single wound infantry over the last few months, and I just want to run him with a Sacral Vault always now.

Naw son, Meat Thresher :gritin:

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I'm nervous about losing posse to move into WWFF. Is there anything else in WWFF that you've found is particularly good with him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackjack
Apr 1, 2013

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Sorry I meant the black foam found in the blister packs. Or extra pluck foam for that matter.

Both of those would be different variations of open-celled polyurethane foam. Sometimes known as “charcoal” foam.
Although it is technically mechanically and/or chemically recyclable, many residential recycling facilities won’t be able to accept it.
You can either look into your local recycling facility and what kinds of things they accept, attempt to locate a specialized facility (which is relatively easy in most major cities or industrial areas), or if you don’t have a lot of it, dispose as part of nonrecyclable waste.