Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Pick posted:

So glad to finally be in a republican dominated field so I can interact with nice men instead of rear end in a top hat stem douches like y'all :allears:

We should be honest with ourselves though. Which group is more fun to interact with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Xenocides posted:

We should be honest with ourselves though. Which group is more fun to interact with?

Neither?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Xenocides posted:

what on earth would make you think the STEMlords might win this one

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

what on earth would make you think the STEMlords might win this one

Blind optimism and the futile hope that one day I can stop loathing myself.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Xenocides posted:

Hugely, hugely the republican guys. They like complimenting women and agree horses are cool because they enjoy polo

"Hey honey cans, want to come to the stables and pet my tennessee walker?" Sounds sexist and presumptuous but it beats the kind of poo poo I get here lmao

If only I didn't love Star Trek!! :argh:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

You're always welcome to start up a r/r thread on Freep, Pick

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Being a guy in STEM is a great way to meet women, just be a deec one and you'll be fine. Like just be nice, actual nice. It makes life really cool :shrug:

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Pick posted:

Being a guy in STEM is a great way to meet women, just be a deec one and you'll be fine. Like just be nice, actual nice. It makes life really cool :shrug:

Much too high a cost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You may, may have to stop mocking women for their physical disabilities

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Pick posted:

nah I’ll just become one of the Republican dudes so I can do it more

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
mandatory horse

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Pick posted:

I will try:

"Hey honey Trekkie, want to come to my basement sex dungeon and pet my scale model of the Enterprise?"

Is that close?

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
I’ll just say I have a horse

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Pick posted:

Blade Runner posted:

Much too high a cost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Xenocides posted:

I will try:

"Hey honey Trekkie, want to come to my basement sex dungeon and pet my scale model of the Enterprise?"

Is that close?

I would absolutely go into a basement to see a scale model Enterprise which is 100% guaranteed how I am going to die

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My[26M] GF[26F] is mad at me because I said that weed sucks.

quote:

We've been dating for 7 months. My girlfriend has known that from the ages of 18-24 I used to use a variety of different drugs, and have done quite a bit of experimenting. I was never really addicted to anything but I still quit. I don't do any drugs anymore and live a totally sober life.

My girlfriend likes to smoke weed, and has told me that the only things she's ever done are weed, alcohol, and shrooms twice. She probably smokes like 3-4 times a week. I have no problem with this and never have, I've never said anything negative about it to her and don't really care if she smokes.

Yesterday, we were talking and she questioned me about my past drug use. Stuff like how different drugs felt, what I liked the best, etc.

We got to talking about weed specifically and I mentioned that I was never a big fan of it. She asked me what I meant by that and I tried to deflect and just told her I just wasn't a big fan of its effects and thought there were much better drugs out there if you were looking from a recreational standpoint.

I didn't really wanna elaborate because I didn't want to poo poo on something she enjoys, but she kept pressing me for more details about what I meant and told me to be completely honest and candid.

So I was, I told her my honest opinion on weed compared to other drugs, which is that weed is essentially a garbage drug which, bar its medical benefits for people, has very little redeeming qualities recreationaly and that back when I was using, I preferred many other drugs to it. I also told her why I thought these things

After this, she started arguing with me to "change my opinion" and throwing out all these facts. She was actually upset that I said I thought weed sucked, and has been sulking about it since.

I don't know what I did wrong, she asked my honest opinion and I gave it to her. Its just my opinion, she doesn't even have to agree with it. How am I supposed to interpret this situation and what am I supposed to say to her now?

tl;dr: GF is mad because I said weed sucks

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

"Hey honey cans, want to come to the stables and pet my tennessee walker?" Sounds womensexist and presumptuous but it beats the kind of poo poo I get here lmao

Lmao

E: weed does suck. Stick to cocaine. This is assuming a baseline level of alcohol abuse, of course

tactlessbastard fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 16, 2018

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Don’t feed the republicans any beer or get caught alone in a room with them :ohdear:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Haifisch posted:

OP didn't really include any of the reasons he thought it sucked. What a letdown.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What kind of Republican dude owns a horse.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Haifisch posted:

girlfriend has meth envy

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Haifisch posted:

weed sucks and people who like weed suck even more

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Yawgmoth posted:

weed sucks and people who like weed suck even more

Weed owns. I don't smoke a lot quantity wise, but a hit here and there is nice.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

Weed owns. I don't smoke a lot quantity wise, but a hit here and there is nice.

Weed is OK I guess.

Look ma, I'm the sensible centre.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

weed is the weak man's fentanyl

husband (27m) of 2 year used a $40 bottle of my (28f) craft essential oil lotion as "lube" while I was out of town. I think it was malicious and he won't make effort to replace saying I should have kept it out of sight if I didn't want it used "like that."

quote:

So for some background, over the summer at a farmers market in a little town north of us I splurged and bought a very expensive bottle of lotion from a boutique lotion and scent craftswoman. I loved the aroma, it's made from all organic ingredients. I admit it was a tremendous splurge but I don't do that kind of stuff often.

I went out of town this past weekend to visit some friends leaving on Wedesday night and getting back this morning. I actually telecommuted all weekend long so while husband claimed I had a 6 day vacation, in reality it was just a change of scenery with a couple dinners out with my dearest friends.

So I left the lotion on my half of the vanity and it was 90% full. I got back and it was so empty, the pump didn't even work. I asked my husband about it and he said that he'd had a "lot of fun" with it over the weekend. I don't mind him pleasuring himself, in fact I knew that he would probably be like a little zoo monkey while I was gone. I have a huge problem with him using something that was special to me like that, especially when he can buy a huge bottle of Jergens for $8 at Walgreens.

When I said how unhappy I was he said "well it's not like all of us get to take 6 day vacations, so maybe don't b---- so much about what those of us stuck at home have to do." This led me to believe that there was some sort of anger at me going out of town and him using my lotion was some sort of malicious slight. I told him he didn't have to use my lotion and the nice thing to do would be to replace it. He said "if you didn't want me to use it like that, you should have kept it out of site."

I told him that was ridiculous as I didn't keep my contact lens solution out of site and somehow he managed to not use that. He told me that I was being a "major ball breaker" and I should leave him alone and then he left to go to work.

I know in the grand scheme of things, this isn't a big deal and maybe something we'll find funny someday but I'm really upset about it now and don't know how to go on? Do I just need to get over it? Do I need to hold him accountable? If so, how?

tl;dr: husband used almost an entire bottle of expensive, craft lotion as "lube." certain things he's said make me think it was malicious and I don't know what to do.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

What kind of Republican dude owns a horse.

good question. all the republicans I know owned a double wide instead

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
What a strange dynamic that lube couple has.

Figuring your husband is going to jerk off all over the house when you leave is a strange presumption.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Haifisch posted:

I know this kind of dude, he’ll corner you at parties and describe in excruciating detail his ranking of each individual 2C variety until you actually do need a joint to just make it through the night.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

What a strange dynamic that lube couple has.

Figuring your husband is going to jerk off all over the house when you leave is a strange presumption.

I mean, was she wrong

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I mean, was she wrong

She needs to buy him some lube next time. Silicon lube is the best, although tougher to clean up.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

If a grown-rear end man can’t walk down to the store and buy some Astroglide or lotion or something he doesn’t deserve to jerk off at all.

Like even if he didn‘t give a poo poo about his wife’s expensive lotion the least he could do is recognize its cost and replace it. What a manbaby

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Leon Einstein posted:

She needs to buy him some lube next time. Silicon lube is the best, although tougher to clean up.

I found the perfect birthday gift for him.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Dick move on the husband's part but lmao at maliciously jerking it to spite the wife

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

How much do you have to be jerking off to go through an entire bottle of lotion in 6 days? I'm guessing even if it was a small bottle it ought to last more than a week for that.

Dude sounds like he has a screw loose with getting so heated about it, so I'm guessing he might have used some of it, might have dumped the rest down the sink.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
He was edging 6 straight days. Of course he's crabby.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Clark Nova posted:

I’d loving hate hanging out with people who do dumb games and bets like that all the time. Who the gently caress wants to :toxx: paying for everyone’s dinner? The difference is that I’d be an unfun stick in the mud spoilsport before agreeing to it instead of after losing like a sniveling little bitch

I can't really blame her. From his explanation, it sounds like agreeing/participating in the dipshit bets is required to hang out with them. I could see that getting real old, real fast.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

If you leave me alone in a room for more than ten seconds I will find the nearest available lube and go to town, so I sympathize with the guy

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pick posted:

So glad to finally be in a republican dominated field so I can interact with nice men instead of rear end in a top hat stem douches like y'all :allears:

Ducking milkshake ducked again.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like lmao @ choosing to hang out with people who voted for 4k kids to get black bagged in the ducking Texas desert. Every regressive signed off on it, so every regressive is responsible.

I choose to be alone.

Ok well. I have my wives but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Turtlicious posted:

Ducking milkshake ducked again.

I'm just ducking around. I'm left just not "kill anyone who makes me contribute to society" left.