Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Tippis posted:

Why would you build a simpit for something that's not a sim?

It's a pit.

Isn't that good enough?

EDIT: taxxxxe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Maybe next time turn off the game before the vinegar strokes.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

When the internal plumbing of your suit pinches.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SoftNum posted:

It's a pit.

Isn't that good enough?

No.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TFW the guy you gave 10,000 dollars to says "What is release?"

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

TFW the guy you gave 10,000 dollars to says "What is release?"

Beatbox

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Gurning Over IP is the gift that keeps on loving giving.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Why am I not surprised that some of these fuckers display some real 4chan?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Out of curiosity, is 3.3 actually delivering impressive performance gains?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Out of curiosity, is 3.3 actually delivering impressive performance gains?

Are you citizen-level easy to impress? If so, then yes.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

quote:

guys, Moist Noodle here from JR Design & Fabrication (JRDF).

While I can't comment on what CIG may or may not have paid for the Dragonfly, I can remind OP that while all of the people on our team are fans of Star Citizen, being a fan doesn't pay our rent or feed us while we work 7 day weeks getting these bespoke builds completed.

However, while the topic has been raised, I would like to extend a sincere thank you for all the support the community has shown (including in the replies to this thread), the love shown has been extremely humbling.

If anyone has any genuine questions, I will be happy to answer.

~Moist Noodle
@_JR_DF

tl;dr: CIG paid 40k for a model.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tippis posted:

Are you citizen-level easy to impress? If so, then yes.

If I were citizen-level I wouldn't need to ask, since they already showed it in a video.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

technically, 3.3 ain't delivering poo poo until it hits live. but yeah it seems like the fps gains are the real deal. Now you can wander around through Chris Roberts's big empty sandbox in up to* 120 fps

*Range of available fps varies significantly based on computer build, internet speed, and techno-magic. Your results may vary.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If I were citizen-level I wouldn't need to ask, since they already showed it in a video.

This is true. In that case, meh… there are gains. They're not so much impressive as just something you would have expected to be in place 4–5 years ago, and which will most likely go away as add the whole game part.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The effect of the Stimperor's tactics.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
It's me.

I'm desperately scrambling for anything to keep my FUD campaign going. :(

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

BluesShaman posted:

It's me.

I'm desperately scrambling for anything to keep my FUD campaign going. :(

I'm so desperate I've logged into Star Citizen.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Star Citizen is good

Time to close the thread, Beet/Beer

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Beet Goblin posted:

technically, 3.3 ain't delivering poo poo until it hits live. but yeah it seems like the fps gains are the real deal. Now you can wander around through Chris Roberts's big empty sandbox in up to* 120 fps

*Range of available fps varies significantly based on computer build, internet speed, and techno-magic. Your results may vary.

What if I get in your range of vision and start making faces?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Oh, I understand why they all get scammed now. They get excited about absolutely nothing.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

hot balls man no homo posted:

What if I get in your range of vision and start making faces?

FPS tanks for both of us and the server flips a coin to decide which person crashes to desktop

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

big nipples big life posted:

You could just turn on a light?

*Hisses Freyermuthly*

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

After CitCon I came to a bit of a revelation. For all the stupidity and lies that Chris Roberts has gone through, we're at the point now where it can't really disputed what SC is. They have shown the same thing for several years and the community has clearly expressed their support for it. It's not a conventional game, and to many people it doesn't come off as particularly fun, but enough people like it to go to a convention and continue to pay for it. And regardless of the product I can't fault people for spending money on what they want. It kind of made me see most backers in a different light. We all have stupid interests and who am I to judge.

gently caress Gremlich though. That guy's a dick.

Let me respond by saying that those same cultists think it is ok for them to overwork people if they can get their autism coffee making game delivered in the next 50 years. They also attacked a man dying of cancer.

It might be a niche group, but they are broken, mean, bandwagon-ing anti social zealot-crusaders. Goons are just broken anti-socials.

Plus they love to tell everyone how it will be the best game ever and shame everyone who disagrees.

It ain't normal.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Hav posted:

Seriously, a whole bunch of right-wingers really enjoy the racial purity message of Warhammer because they don't understand the joke.

It's obvious who doesn't get the joke.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Any court updates from the hearing last week?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Beet Goblin posted:

Travel times dropped for walking to your hanger from 35 min to a whopping 28 min!

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

BluesShaman posted:

Any court updates from the hearing last week?

I think it got postponed. (This is incredibly common with court hearings.)

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Quavers posted:

https://twitter.com/FacewareTech/status/1051853191124590594

Faceware webcam: keep FOIPing even when your lights go out during a power cut :smug:

Oh, the lights aren't out because of a power cut.
:wink:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Rugganovich posted:

It's obvious who doesn't get the joke.

Hit the first hurdle. It's reserving around 9Gb private memory and using 50% of processor to display that, but I am getting nearly 200fps.

Edit: Hitting 'okay' lets it go on bouncing the loading screen and heating up the room. But that's it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Oh that's so Kazan.

Edit: There's something really compelling about SC in terms that there's no head-bob and your view stays steady as a rock, but the HUD bounces. :bravo: 23 fps on a 1080, with _significant_ hitching on fast movement.

Hav fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 16, 2018

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Sad part is this is real (well other than the added mouth morphing)

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sillybones posted:

Oh, I understand why they all get scammed now. They get excited about absolutely nothing.

Cocaine does that.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

ZekeNY posted:

I think it got postponed. (This is incredibly common with court hearings.)

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Trilobite posted:

I've often thought that the survival-minded CIG employees probably keep a "Chris" folder handy with some flashy-looking but utterly meaningless bullshit, just in case he ever shows up at the office and wanders past their desk demanding to see what they're working on. Just a little something that can be shown off in under four minutes, preferably involving some kind of animation, with some obvious visuals for him to demand changes to so that he can get his micromanaging on and then walk away instead of sticking around to sweat and yell at them for an hour.

Also, it needs to have some blu 'xels.

To bait Chris into asking for green 'xels instead of asking for the entire ship to be remodelled for the Nth time.

Never underestimate the power of the 'xels.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Reddit style arguing should just be flat illegal.

:reddit: A
:v: Well actually not A cause X Y Z
:reddit: uhh uhh umm uhh... BUT B!!!!!!!

So loving tiring.

An example:

EvilMerlin posted:

Bluehole was founded in 2007. They simply were not called that until 2015. PUBG was already being worked on in 2016 and the team mostly taken over by Greene in 2017 as a "creative director".

SoftNum posted:

You realize they made an MMO in 4 years (or -1 years in Shittizen reckoning) right?

EvilMerlin posted:

And its a bug fest, deeply infested by Chinese hackers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Quavers posted:

https://twitter.com/FacewareTech/status/1051853191124590594

Faceware webcam: keep FOIPing even when your lights go out during a power cut :smug:
This is some CIG-level bullshit.

There is straight-up no way their camera is getting that much information from a darkened room which, by literal definition, is not sending it information to receive. The only way their camera can out-perform another camera that has lights strapped to it is if it also has a loving light strapped to it, at which point "the only light" is not coming from the computer monitor - and which also, based on the prototypes, it does not.

quote:

The Faceware Motion Sensor prioritizes high frame rate capture over USB3.0. The faster the frame rate, the more of your subtle motion we can capture, even in practically “no light” scenarios where webcams traditionally struggle or can’t capture at all.
Oh poo poo, my mistake, it's using USB 3.0