Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Galick posted:

I just finished reading Major\Minor (:suicide:) and need some more dumpster fires to read. Hit me.

This LP of the White Knight Chronicles games should satiate your dumpster fire needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Galick posted:

I just finished reading Major\Minor (:suicide:) and need some more dumpster fires to read. Hit me.

Clock Tower 3 LP'd by The Dark Id

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Already read both, sadly! I've hit up basically every Dark Id LP, and White Knight Chronicles.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013

Galick posted:

Try the Pokemon Reborn thread and marvel over the Saga of Moving One Rock.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Try 15 Days by SelenicMartian. Mostly he does VLPs of oddball stuff like the Riho Futaba series of shovelware or the acid trip that was Dementia, but now and again he instead pulls out something for an SSLP.

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012

VagueRant posted:

Any recommendations for informative Silent Hill video LPs?

Want to revisit that town, but on in the background, ideally from someone who knows the lore and the different endings/paths. I know Voidburger did one but it was subtitled so not suitable for background. And the Run Button guys did theirs blind and babbly. (No offense.)

SuperGreatFriend is going through the first one right now and his style is usually to go over every piece of story or content in the game in a pretty efficient and entertaining manner.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Princey posted:

Try the Pokemon Reborn thread and marvel over the Saga of Moving One Rock.

yeah, seconding this

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Galick posted:

Limbo of the Lost is a good choice.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Does anyone know of a good Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis VLP? The current LP of The Infernal Machine has gotten me in a mood for some nostalgia about it but I don't really have the time to actually play it myself.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

Neruz's Total Annihilation serie runs work pretty well for this. Nowhere near as amazing as Melth ripping AoM apart and turning it inside out but they're chill and interesting. Plus the games are a piece of RTS history.

Much appreciated, thanks for the rec.

cogito ergo incommo
Apr 2, 2010
Does anyone know of a good VLP of the original Crash Bandicoot series? I've watched the one on the Archive before and its really good, but it uses Dailymotion (and Vimeo) and I can't stand that platform anymore.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

cogito ergo incommo posted:

Does anyone know of a good VLP of the original Crash Bandicoot series? I've watched the one on the Archive before and its really good, but it uses Dailymotion (and Vimeo) and I can't stand that platform anymore.
Former mod and all around nice guy, JordanKai, did the whole series but I guess the videos are gone now....for reasons?

VVVVVV
Do you mean Segagaga?

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Oct 19, 2018

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I remember seeing a LP this one time of this really weird game, I think it was made around the time when Sega was clearly losing out of the console market? And it was this super bitter meta-RPG that was a barely disguised hate letter to Sega's executives, or something similar.

Am I imagining this? Did it finish/get archived?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Mister Olympus posted:

I remember seeing a LP this one time of this really weird game, I think it was made around the time when Sega was clearly losing out of the console market? And it was this super bitter meta-RPG that was a barely disguised hate letter to Sega's executives, or something similar.

It sounds like you're describing Segagaga. That LP was a long-rear end time ago, but I think it was abandoned pretty early on.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Mister Olympus posted:

That sounds like the Conquest ending of Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. In general the protagonist (Neptune) of the mainline HN series is an expy for Sega's faded console dreams, and all the remaining deuteragonists were expies for either gaming consoles or for video game developers. mk2's Conquest ending, then, was a scathing rebuke of DRM as a scorched-earth tactic to combat piracy. If you do check that out I should warn you that the entirety of Hyperdimension Neptunia is distilled :japan:.

(Or it could be Segagaga, but from Wikipedia that sounds less bitter and more, well, scrambling shoestring-budget.)

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

NGDBSS posted:

That sounds like the Conquest ending of Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. In general the protagonist (Neptune) of the mainline HN series is an expy for Sega's faded console dreams, and all the remaining deuteragonists were expies for either gaming consoles or for video game developers. mk2's Conquest ending, then, was a scathing rebuke of DRM as a scorched-earth tactic to combat piracy. If you do check that out I should warn you that the entirety of Hyperdimension Neptunia is distilled :japan:.

(Or it could be Segagaga, but from Wikipedia that sounds less bitter and more, well, scrambling shoestring-budget.)

No I'm familiar with Neptunia, it was Segagaga I was thinking of and just misremembering. Thank you. (The really bitter detail I picked up on was the thing about programmers being the monsters you fight.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Mister Olympus posted:

No I'm familiar with Neptunia, it was Segagaga I was thinking of and just misremembering. Thank you. (The really bitter detail I picked up on was the thing about programmers being the monsters you fight.)
If it was Segagaga after all then you should be thanking FractalSandwich. :v: I only saw their post after I previewed mine, hence the note at the end.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Everyone should really at least watch the last level of Segagaga. It is impressively silly.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Has anyone made an Until Dawn LP? Can't find anything on the master list.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Azran posted:

Has anyone made an Until Dawn LP? Can't find anything on the master list.

There was one a while back but it petered out. And of course there are a zillion Youtube LPs of it but YMMV how tolerable they are. I personally found the Scary Game Squad playthrough reasonably decent - no face cams, not too much exaggerated fright, etc. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFx-KViPXIkFNftmkbEGV3rJSa7bKHngs

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

malkav11 posted:

There was one a while back but it petered out. And of course there are a zillion Youtube LPs of it but YMMV how tolerable they are. I personally found the Scary Game Squad playthrough reasonably decent - no face cams, not too much exaggerated fright, etc. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFx-KViPXIkFNftmkbEGV3rJSa7bKHngs

for horror games, I prefer long plays anyway, and SHN is a channel on YouTube that does specifically that:

https://youtu.be/h6VW-AVQqck

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
It's a long shot, but one of my favorite LPs is the Wizardry IV one on the archive. I love how bullshit that game is and how thoroughly it's explored.

The intro to that LP mentions a couple of other bullshit CRPGs: Dark Heart of Uukrul and Chaos Strikes back. Are there any good LPs out there of either of those? I came across a screenshot LP of Dark Heart of Uukrul on another forum that I was enjoying, but a few updates in they switched image hosts and all the rest of the images are gone, which sucks.

Alternately, any recs for LPs of other bullshit hard early CRPGs?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Princey posted:

Alternately, any recs for LPs of other bullshit hard early CRPGs?
How about a bullshit Mac shooter, very similar in concept?
https://lparchive.org/Pathways-Into-Darkness/

Princey
Mar 22, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

How about a bullshit Mac shooter, very similar in concept?
https://lparchive.org/Pathways-Into-Darkness/

Didn't come off quite as vicious to the player as I'm craving, but that scratched the itch somewhat. Thanks!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

This is dumb but it makes me laugh: twitter wants me to follow these two illustrious people:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Any SA let's plays of The Talos Principle to be found? Prospects are slim because the archive doesn't have any, but I would like to watch one with an in-depth approach to the philosophical aspects of it if such a thing is out there!

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

CJacobs posted:

Any SA let's plays of The Talos Principle to be found? Prospects are slim because the archive doesn't have any, but I would like to watch one with an in-depth approach to the philosophical aspects of it if such a thing is out there!

I don't have a link, but CannibalK9 has one on YouTube that was once upon a time in the archive. It's all in a playlist and I think he does a pretty good job of what you're asking

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Pythonicus posted:

I don't have a link, but CannibalK9 has one on YouTube that was once upon a time in the archive. It's all in a playlist and I think he does a pretty good job of what you're asking

Here is the archived thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3696744

I recommend reading through the thread itself if you can because a lot of the philosophical discussion related to the game happened in there.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thanks!

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

This is a dumb request but seeing CannibalK9 and Neruz mentioned on the same page... can anyone recommend any Very Good active British LPers? Not to get all Brexit up in here but it's nice sometimes to hear people with nearby accents talk about vidya games.

Right now I guess I'm aware of Fae, Fedule and Your Evil Twin who are all really excellent but nostalgia has mooshed together 10 years of retired LPers such as the two above with helloitsdan, Giragast and Captain Jean-Luc Picard Fleve and is lying to me that I should be aware of more.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Fwoderwick posted:

This is a dumb request but seeing CannibalK9 and Neruz mentioned on the same page... can anyone recommend any Very Good active British LPers? Not to get all Brexit up in here but it's nice sometimes to hear people with nearby accents talk about vidya games.

Right now I guess I'm aware of Fae, Fedule and Your Evil Twin who are all really excellent but nostalgia has mooshed together 10 years of retired LPers such as the two above with helloitsdan, Giragast and Captain Jean-Luc Picard Fleve and is lying to me that I should be aware of more.

Many a True Nerd

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fwoderwick posted:

Natural 20 and Yorkshire Tea

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

Natural 20 and Yorkshire Tea

worked with 20 on his SD3 hardtype let's play, can confirm he is a v cool dude

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Thirding Nat20; he and Tea have also done some Mega Man LPs and a blind Symphony of the Night run which are good.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Commander Keene posted:

Thirding Nat20; he and Tea have also done some Mega Man LPs and a blind Symphony of the Night run which are good.

They're currently doing MM11 right now.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Looking for a thread I thought I'd bookmarked but can no longer find. It was one of the first nuDoom LPs on the subforum. It was a pretty casual affair but I shamefully can't remember the name of the OP. I do remember that Lazyfire was one of the cocommentators.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Fwoderwick posted:

Aavak is a Youtube let's player who does a lot of city builders. His only crime is that he reads text in the game, but other than that he's great.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Blood Sally posted:

Looking for a thread I thought I'd bookmarked but can no longer find. It was one of the first nuDoom LPs on the subforum. It was a pretty casual affair but I shamefully can't remember the name of the OP. I do remember that Lazyfire was one of the cocommentators.

It wouldn't happen to be Alexythegreat's LP, would it?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Fwoderwick posted:

Pork Lift+Wateyad are arguably active, they just need time to recover from the horror of Blue Dragon. A long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

ShootaBoy posted:

It wouldn't happen to be Alexythegreat's LP, would it?

No, it's gotta be this