Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

what if hes right and the ravens are just that good. makes you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I will not back down from my stance

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Marijota has nerve damaged fingats

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
That's true :smith:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

high variance poo poo

schmug
May 20, 2007

go browns

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

high variance poo poo

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That was like, a lot of sacks. Too many if I'm being honest. Mariota couldn't get rid of the football to literally save his life.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

More like Ballsackmore

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
How did he not get hurt from that?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I assume he did but his nerves are so busted he can't feel the pain.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
With the news of Amari Cooper being on the tradeblock I hate Browns fans even more.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

With the news of Amari Cooper being on the tradeblock I hate Browns fans even more.

Yeah okay my bad, I didn't know he sucked, alright.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Gatts posted:

Yeah okay my bad, I didn't know he sucked, alright.

More than just you, you poor deluded bastard. People who don't care about his drop rate or anything else.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

More than just you, you poor deluded bastard. People who don't care about his drop rate or anything else.

Hey I was at least asking if he was any good anymore.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Im glad the bengals lost

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the ravens

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Amari Cooper is like a less talented but more reliable Josh Gordon. He'd be a fine option for the Browns, it's not like the guys playing on that team are any strangers to dropping the football. 1st rounder is too rich but a 2nd? Maybe. I've always thought someone else could get more use out of him than the Raiders

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Haha a 2nd.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It's not a seller's market. If Gruden actually does trade Cooper right now, he's selling low.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I think the point is he’s worth a 4-5 now

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It would be a stretch to get a 3rd, there would have to be a really WR needy team that was on the edge of contention. Maybe the Titans.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ehhh I could still see a second being given. He's had good years, and there's a decent chance that a better quarterback could really unlock him. Prototypical size and speed, former top pick, all that stuff. A third I could see but even taking that would probably be a mistake for Oakland. Even if they've struggled to get him the ball they don't really have anyone to take that WR1 position.

If you think about how reliable second round picks are, it's not crazy to trade one for a known quantity like Amari Cooper. Anyways I have no idea why I'm talking about this in the AFC North thread.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Steelers are trying to trade for Patrick Peterson

Play
Apr 25, 2006

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Well that's no good at all for the other teams in the AFC North. That guy could really shore up the Steelers' worst weakness and put them over the edge into playoff favorite.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Play posted:

Well that's no good at all for the other teams in the AFC North. That guy could really shore up the Steelers' worst weakness and put them over the edge into playoff favorite.

Haden and Patrick Peterson together? That's :stare:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
No. They’re not getting a 2nd. No way

Wait is Play a raiders fan?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I just read an article saying the Bengals should because Peterson is such a Steelers move. Well.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Peterson is struggling in the new zone scheme which the Cardinals switched too this offseason. It just doesn't play to his strengths. I actually thought it would be good for him (and he's still been good) but the fact is that scheme totally underutilizes him. He needs to go to a team that is comfortable playing press man or at least zone with man principles like cover 4. In that scheme he could play a very similar role to Xavier Rhodes, traveling with the other team's best receivers and locking up the outside. I'm sure Pittsburgh would love to be able to put more guys at the line of scrimmage but right now the talent isn't really there for it. I guess when you think about it there are very few teams in the NFL that couldn't use a guy like Peterson.

Of course he's not as young as he once was. But he's still an absolute baller. I'm sure there are a lot of teams that will be putting out feelers on him

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I just read an article saying the Bengals should because Peterson is such a Steelers move. Well.

With the ever-increasing enmity between Bell and the team, plus not having any significant upcoming contracts, plus Burns' meltdown, there's a good chance the Steelers go after an impact defensive signing before the trade deadline. It's going to be a corner, and it looks like Peterson is the target.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Play posted:

Peterson is struggling in the new zone scheme which the Cardinals switched too this offseason. It just doesn't play to his strengths. I actually thought it would be good for him (and he's still been good) but the fact is that scheme totally underutilizes him. He needs to go to a team that is comfortable playing press man or at least zone with man principles like cover 4. In that scheme he could play a very similar role to Xavier Rhodes, traveling with the other team's best receivers and locking up the outside. I'm sure Pittsburgh would love to be able to put more guys at the line of scrimmage but right now the talent isn't really there for it. I guess when you think about it there are very few teams in the NFL that couldn't use a guy like Peterson.

Of course he's not as young as he once was. But he's still an absolute baller. I'm sure there are a lot of teams that will be putting out feelers on him

The Steelers' percentage of zone vs man this year is 57% man vs 15% zone matching vs 28% straight up zone

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

This is too good to be true

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

No. They’re not getting a 2nd. No way

Wait is Play a raiders fan?

I think he's mostly a Rams fan

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

This is too good to be true

Our corporate offices are within the sightline of Heinz, so I often lunch with people who work in the building. This is straight from a team employee

Play
Apr 25, 2006

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Steelers' percentage of zone vs man this year is 57% man vs 15% zone matching vs 28% straight up zone

Sounds like they want to be doing an aggressive man defense. They've been getting burned in man for some pretty big plays because the secondary is iffy in some areas. Peterson could do a lot to help and take away a weakness that other teams attack regularly., He's more physical, taller and faster than Artie Burns.

I'm just kind of a fan. I follow players and teams that I like and I don't get too upset about what happens in games. As a kid my dad took me to Rams, 49ers, Raiders and Chargers games so I don't really feel loyalty to any one team.

Play fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 17, 2018

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

With the ever-increasing enmity between Bell and the team, plus not having any significant upcoming contracts, plus Burns' meltdown, there's a good chance the Steelers go after an impact defensive signing before the trade deadline. It's going to be a corner, and it looks like Peterson is the target.
That would make the Steelers D really good instead of kind of ok. drat.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Steelers will win the AFC

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Our corporate offices are within the sightline of Heinz, so I often lunch with people who work in the building. This is straight from a team employee

I didn't know Nintendo had a corporate office in Pittsburgh.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Bucs will beat the Browns book it.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's not that I don't believe you, it's just such a perfect fit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Cleveland Browns will WIN this week print the drat shirts.