Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Al Borland Corpse posted:

So here's the monstrosity my son made. Unfortunately I have to wait another hour for the update to download

Pretty sure that'll work, that's three wing pieces on each side I think

edit: might be too wide to fit through some doors. Had that happen earlier with one of my ships, I ended up switching back over to the Arwing to squeeze through

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Why is it only now I'm sold on the game after looking at that monstrosity?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What I didn't notice until now is you can see the pilot in the cockpit side view

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
First Mario XCOM, now the rare good Star Fox game.

I’m living in a world where Nintendo’s best third party support is Ubisoft.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

THE loving MOON posted:

Pretty sure that'll work, that's three wing pieces on each side I think

edit: might be too wide to fit through some doors. Had that happen earlier with one of my ships, I ended up switching back over to the Arwing to squeeze through

You could have just flat out removed the wings and stuck them back on after getting through instead of swapping ships.

:allears: the fact that you can make such absurd ships within the game is amazing. Sure there is a cap on how absurd you can get, but this is still amazing. And the ships work as a nice toy for kids to play pretend with and customize after the switch is off.

Pharohman777 fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 17, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Pharohman777 posted:

You could have just flat out removed the wings and stuck them back on after getting through instead of swapping ships.

:allears: the fact that you can make such absurd ships within the game is amazing. Sure there is a cap on how absurd you can get, but this is still amazing. And the ships work as a nice toy for kids to play pretend with and customize after the switch is off.

Oh I know. I just have a few different loadouts I've been using, and I'm only using Fox on one of them.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I dunno are the flight mechanics in Starlink really at all comparable to Star Fox? Seems to be a lotta hovering and strafing as opposed to high-speed dogfights.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Augus posted:

I dunno are the flight mechanics in Starlink really at all comparable to Star Fox? Seems to be a lotta hovering and strafing as opposed to high-speed dogfights.

The flight isn't really like starfox for the most part, no. It goes back and forth between what is actual dogfighting and gunned up hovercars

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

The best thing I have seen about Starlink is that if you are playing as Fox your special ability is called 'Rock and Roll'.

It calls in a member of starfox to make strafing attacks on the enemies you are fighting, and plays "Corneria" with oldschool distortions while the starfox member is doing their thing.

"This is Pepper, reporting in!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjxtGIUE4QA&t=26s

(I don't actually have the game, yet)

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 17, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Augus posted:

Closer to Star Fox 2 really

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I just bought a Switch, Zelda, and Kart. MK is fun, but I am losing SO MUCH TIME to Zelda. My favorite little adventure so far was wandering north of Kakariko, stealing a horse from a Bokoblin, and then going on a whole new adventure to get that cute mediocre horse back to a stable so I could keep her. This included my first fight with a Guardian.

I like video games.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

I just bought a Switch, Zelda, and Kart. MK is fun, but I am losing SO MUCH TIME to Zelda. My favorite little adventure so far was wandering north of Kakariko, stealing a horse from a Bokoblin, and then going on a whole new adventure to get that cute mediocre horse back to a stable so I could keep her. This included my first fight with a Guardian.

I like video games.
:yeah:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I have owned BOTW for months now and still haven't played it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Doing it wrong

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Fix this.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Starlink is going to take 7 hours. The gently caress?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

its good

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Seriously though. Starlink coop experience? Literally buy or dont buy for me.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Bombadilillo posted:

They said it's good but very slight frame rate dips.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

is there any report on the perforamnce of the dark souls port? i heard one people call it a shitshow from back during the network test but i never got a chance to try it

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Over There posted:

My 8 year old gonna pew pew pew. Game with daughter 4 life

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Zyla posted:

is there any report on the perforamnce of the dark souls port? i heard one people call it a shitshow from back during the network test but i never got a chance to try it

Graphics look like the original game and audio is crusty. There's nothing really remastered about it but it is mobile dark souls

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I hadn't played a Zelda since the GameBoy/SNES games and can safely say that BOTW is a very good game that was worth the time to explore. It's quite chill and really lets you tackle things at your own pace, too, which is nice.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The key to botw is to not look anything up or ask any questions. It's about exploring the game systems as well as the game. An amazing and unparalleled.

I bet i could break the game in an hour starting over. And its genuinely sad I will never get to experience it for the first time again.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Over There posted:

Also the resolution drops a bunch, but honestly decent trade-off for co-op

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Echophonic posted:

So this is super irritating. Got my copy of Starlink and it looks like someone took the game out of it, since it wasn't sealed. loving hell, good job Best Buy.

Did you order it online?

Zyla posted:

I think those people were comparing it to the PS4/X1/PC version since I thought it looked and ran fine. Supposedly no major drops in Blighttown as well.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 17, 2018

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

SeANMcBAY posted:

Did you order it online?

I did, yeah. I did a chat with Ubi, we'll see what they say, since I don't feel like running all over if it's a problem with Best Buy's distribution. Saw something on Reddit about they potentially doing a digital replacement. That'd be nice, I prefer digital anyway.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Looks like a lot of people are reporting the same problem with Best Buy specifically

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Best Buy's warehouse proles are making their move, the revolution is on :jihad:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 17, 2018

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Having just started Starlink (digital ver.), I really love how the planet stuff has kind of a Cookie Clicker idle game version of an RTS going on in the background while you're doing stuff, but I'm annoyed that the space stuff so far includes a lot of "you vs. 5 guys in fighters" fights where the lack of anything else for enemies to focus on means it's basically just boost, reverse boost, pick one off as they fly by you, repeat.

Edit: For people doing the non-digital version, I think the bare minimum to comfortably get through the game is one ice weapon, one fire weapon, one siege weapon, and one weapon (of any type) that's short-ranged.

Edit edit: All of the weapons work slightly differently, even the fire/cold mirror equivalents, which I really appreciate.

Edit edit edit: You will switch between fire and cold a LOT even if only because some of the destructible walls hiding treasure are only vulnerable to one or the other.

Edit edit edit edit: Oh, and zippy little enemies get way less annoying if you have a vortex weapon.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 17, 2018

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i never played it on steam or anything but Risk Of Rain is a really great switch game. everything starts slowly and then all of a sudden you and an army of drones have become an unstoppable blur of death

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

alf_pogs posted:

i never played it on steam or anything but Risk Of Rain is a really great switch game. everything starts slowly and then all of a sudden you and an army of drones have become an unstoppable blur of death
Yeah I posted about it shortly after it came out on Switch. I had it on PC for years but never really got into it, but within hours of getting it on the Switch I was dumping 100+ minutes into overpowered mega runs. It's really fun and the buffs seem well thought out enough that you can really feel it once you start to become unstoppable.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Risk of Rain is a blast, but only once you get the Command artifact and unlock some of the other classes, imo

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Inzombiac posted:

If Starlink really is just a fun and accessable Starfox/NMS then I am buying it tonight.

Its sounding like it and sounding pretty cool. The biggest complaint I saw was from the gamexplain guys who said the combat gets kinda repetitive and you just kinda circle-strafe around so its not very star-fox in its combat.

Otherwise though its beautiful, and apparently has a ton of stuff to do, so sounds pretty rad.

I'm gonna order the physical I guess because its a toy game and I do want that arwing.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Augus posted:

Its definitely not a barrel shooter. So if its anything like star fox, its like playing in all range mode. But its more like playing circle-strafing FPS hover tanks.

Space battles seem like they may be a little more starfoxy but also are supposed to be kinda weak :(

Bombadilillo posted:

They talk about it 7 minutes in here and more towards the end, and there's footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRBGy1zfc38

Seems like drop-in drop-out co-op that just works. But you gotta buy that extra controller if you're not doing digital.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 17, 2018

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Weed

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Are the two versions of Starlink completely separate from each other, meaning if I buy the non-physical version I'm locked out of being able to get the toys to use with it later? If they are the same game, how much would I be missing out on by not buying any toys?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I got the four divine beasts and about to fight Calamity Ganon but don't I need to get the master sword? Why is the game allowing me to skip getting it?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I got the four divine beasts and about to fight Calamity Ganon but don't I need to get the master sword? Why is the game allowing me to skip getting it?

It's a great help, but completely unnecessary. Also it very, very slightly changes the ending if you get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Extremely compatible with the Starlink System™

edit: Yeah you don't need the master sword, but it's good to have thematically. Also it's useful