Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

If you look at the lowest winrate heroes, you'll find that a lot of the strongest/most popular heroes are there. I don't understand why.

In DotA, traditionally the most popular and powerful heroes have the lowest winrates because there's significantly more people playing them who don't understand how to exploit what makes them strong - Exceptions being made for heroes who are braindead easy to win with at low brackets like Abaddon or Spectre.

I'm guessing it's the same in HotS. There's not a ton of Lost Vikings or Medivh players who aren't at least competent with those heroes at their current bracket, I'd imagine, but there's going to be a ton of people who have no idea how to play Genj picking him then swift striking into the middle of a team and dying instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Add me at GreyPowerVan#1312. Other than that just whisper/add the people in your games who seem good.

Sounds good Ill throw you a request, thanks!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kusaru posted:

It's clearly a fancy goat? All the Wonder Billies were gift-with-gem-purchase, so could be same.

Then they would announce in patch notes that they will be removing the current gift-with-gem-purchase mount. Which is the Celestial Serpent, added just a month ago. Seems unlikely.

*this has been your daily dose of mount theory-crafting*

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Oh no they removed haunted mines. The map that sucked rear end but I had a 80% win rate on for some reason

I would have preferred BHB getting taken out first but its better than nothing

quote:

We've unified certain Support abilities to only work on Heroes (not minions or Mercenaries):
Li Li
Healing Brew (Q)

Did lilis healing brew really target minions if they were the lowest health around her before (or did it prefer heroes or something)? If so lol

Orthodox Rabbit fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 16, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah it preferred heroes so it was never a problem. Blinding wind and dragon work the same way.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 16, 2018

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Some reworks I get, but others, like Leoric or Stukov, I don't. Why do they kill my favorite builds. :smith:

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Oh my god Wonder Billie grew up, I need it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Cuntellectual posted:

Some reworks I get, but others, like Leoric or Stukov, I don't. Why do they kill my favorite builds. :smith:

Leoric was touched because he had terrible talent diversity. Stukov was touched because he had terrible talent diversity and because Lurking Arm build was nearly impossible to deal with at lower levels of play.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

The life swap ult is absolutely brutal if you time it right

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Lili is insane in quickmatch. The only downside is you might wear out your Q key.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Svensken posted:

Lili is insane in quickmatch. The only downside is you might wear out your Q key.

Can you hold Q like with Sylvanas?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Played 2 games of Mal'Ganis. I... don't really like him. I dunno, he just doesn't seem super fun. Also, his Q seems like super twitchy to me. Like I press Q and sometimes he does 2 slashes or even all 3. I'm sure my lovely keyboard has a lot to do with that, but I haven't found it to be a problem with other heroes.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Counterpoint: Played 3 games with Mal'Ganis and he owns owns owns owns. Very fun, love the way his kit plays, super tanky, and he can dish out some decent burst late game.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Rabbi Tupac posted:

Counterpoint: Played 3 games with Mal'Ganis and he owns owns owns owns. Very fun, love the way his kit plays, super tanky, and he can dish out some decent burst late game.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Hmm halfway through first game with malganis, he seems poo poo. Or at least he's a bad main tank.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

he's gonna get nerfed to poo poo

blind as a bat is incredible, dark conversion is basically an instakill button

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Hmm halfway through first game with malganis, he seems poo poo. Or at least he's a bad main tank.

He's a really good main tank? I'm confused.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

He's a really good main tank? I'm confused.

Maybe just a bad qm game, but would just get brightwing poly'd, then burst down and killed within seconds.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Maybe just a bad qm game, but would just get brightwing poly'd, then burst down and killed within seconds.

He's super vulnerable to disruption, which brightwing is lolgood at. Honestly, he's probs pretty decently balanced for draft, where he has a number of fairly strong counters. He's going to stomp teams that can't counter him though.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Oh sick, when did they release the BHB announcer?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

So what's a build that is good? 2nd game with Malg still is real bad. He's go no engage, no escape, doesn't seem to have much sustain? Or at least not Blaze levels.

his ult is good though.

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 17, 2018

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

So what's a build that is good? 2nd game with Malg still is real bad. He's go no engage, no escape, doesn't seem to have much sustain? Or at least not Blaze levels.

his ult is good though.

His engage is flying in sleeping everything, or hitting Q to pounce in.

His escape is flying out sleeping everything, or hitting Q to pounce out.

He heals for like 45-60% of all the damage he does, which is Sonya levels of sustain.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Had a match with malganis + aba-clone malaganis and it was a nightmare. They just hosed around in our backline mashing Q and never dying

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Abathur + Mal'ganis is old Abathur + Illidan levels of ridiculous. Giant stack of unkillable hp and damage when he's hatted. Wrecks teamfights when cloned and goes 2v5.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hate this loving game

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Streak posted:

i hate this loving game

new thread title

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
So as far as I can tell you basically cannot pick any Melee heroes against Mal'ganis. Like not even melee Brusiers.

I dunno if it's old Tracer levels of "get hosed Melee" but it's pretty god damned bad.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Toady posted:

Can you hold Q like with Sylvanas?

Yes, you can tape down Q and win as li li

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Blind as a bat is really good if you hit it during a team fight where everyone is going to be in relatively the same place, also you can tell uf you're going in the right direction because you can see your damage numbers, so if you hit q and don't see any turn around.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

bamhand posted:

Oh sick, when did they release the BHB announcer?

Start of the event that just ended, they added Dragon Shire and Garden of Terror too.

I assume Athena/Overwatch is still available as well? I instantly picked it up since usually "gold = temporary", but maybe they're trying something new with setting a gold price for them. Maybe it's a gold sink for people who already own every hero.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Oct 17, 2018

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I'm bummed the Halloween stuff is already gone; we're barely halfway through October!

Also holy moley does Malganis hit like a truck

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
So it was discussed on the previous page, there is a definate pattern developing of super-OP heroes being released (at 15k gold) then a few weeks later eating nerfs. Thats the kind of behaviour I expect of Wargaming (World of Tanks/Warships) not Blizzard. Whitemane, Mephisto and now Mal'ganis all fall into this bracket right?

Small whinge aside, what non-Supports do well vs Mal'ganis? I don't like playing Support but I am resigned to a week with a Mal'ganis in every match and I can only assume the good ones will always be on the other team.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Are we really already decreeing Mal'ganis as OP on the day of his release?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I mean, sometimes a day is enough to tell that something is broken-rear end broken. For a good example see Kerrigan's recent rework. I personally haven't had enough experience with or against Mal'ganis to judge either way, but sometimes things are just blatantly outside of acceptable.

I get your point, and I think people are rushing to judge too. Just to be clear.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Mind over Matter posted:

I mean, sometimes a day is enough to tell that something is broken-rear end broken. For a good example see Kerrigan's recent rework. I personally haven't had enough experience with or against Mal'ganis to judge either way, but sometimes things are just blatantly outside of acceptable.

I get your point, and I think people are rushing to judge too. Just to be clear.

Rework Kerrigan was completely disgusting. It was a really fun time for me.

Playing her now though at least there are a few viable talent builds rather than the one where you hit a 2 person Impaling Blades and max out your shield, then murder the enemy team

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

kaesarsosei posted:

So it was discussed on the previous page, there is a definate pattern developing of super-OP heroes being released (at 15k gold) then a few weeks later eating nerfs. Thats the kind of behaviour I expect of Wargaming (World of Tanks/Warships) not Blizzard. Whitemane, Mephisto and now Mal'ganis all fall into this bracket right?

Small whinge aside, what non-Supports do well vs Mal'ganis? I don't like playing Support but I am resigned to a week with a Mal'ganis in every match and I can only assume the good ones will always be on the other team.

Anything with hard CC that doesn't put him in stasis. If he can't spam Q to lunge all over the place he's just a big meaty target that can't heal to much.

Dietrich fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Oct 17, 2018

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ana destroys him.

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.

SirSamVimes posted:

Are we really already decreeing Mal'ganis as OP on the day of his release?

His damage is garbage and his wave clear is a joke. He basically has really great survivability and disruption that's super, super susceptible to CC. Really don't understand how he's OP.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Just CC Kerrigan too, 4Head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

AlmightyBob posted:

Blind as a bat is really good if you hit it during a team fight where everyone is going to be in relatively the same place, also you can tell uf you're going in the right direction because you can see your damage numbers, so if you hit q and don't see any turn around.

So like obviously it gets better with coms telling you where to go, but I wonder about stuff like pro games. They all sit next to each other. So... you just like look over at your buddies screen and go apeshit with full vision.

Also I noticed what was maybe a bug, and I had full vision of the enemy Protector on Volskaya while blind as a bat.