Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Expect My Mom posted:

the silver lining is that irene still has the birthmark and so this is a universe where the joestar family isn't beset by supernatural tragedy and finally one version of them gets to enjoy the constant peace they died to keep and that's a pretty fitting note to end the "main" universe one i think

Is it though? I figured the previous parts’ events would have happened but with different versions of Jotaro and Jolyne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Jotaro and Irene don't have a trainwreck of a relationship, Annakiss seems to not be a total scumbag, Ermes is basically just Hermes (but with dosh), Weather doesn't have Pucci to gently caress everything up, Emporio doesn't live in a trash can.

Everyone but FF gets an improvement.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
FF is now a colony of extremely well fed plankton in the Joestar family aquarium

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Is it though? I figured the previous parts’ events would have happened but with different versions of Jotaro and Jolyne.
What gave you that impression?

Irene and Jotaro have a close relationship to ask before they get married so Jotaro isnt out dealing with Stand business, Weather is a traveling musician, implying Pucci never ruined my life and that Pucci never met DIO, Hermes isn't interested in revenge, all seems pretty good

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Little did Emporio know that at the same time they picked up Weather Report, a sailor with four balls woke up in Japan with no idea who he was.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Normally when David Pro adapts Jojo they leave in any inconsistencies or retcons(Dio using Hermit purple, Arrow piercing Giorno, ect.) but do they think they'll keep in Anasui's gender swap in Part 6? That's really the only time I can think of that's a true retcon and not just Araki making a mistake or forgetting.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pretend I typed up the post I always type up about jojo and its ongoing themes of fate and life and the cost of and permanence of death and the ways in which attempting to defy or undo death causes horrific things to happen

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RatHat posted:

Normally when David Pro adapts Jojo they leave in any inconsistencies or retcons(Dio using Hermit purple, Arrow piercing Giorno, ect.)

They didn't get to the Black Sabbath fight yet and David Pro has been pretty good about including bits from future parts like the arrow and the photo they took in part 3. Also Dio using a similar hermit purple power isn't a retcon/inconsistency.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah my bad, with everyone talking about the arrow part with Giorno I thought the anime was at that point.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Arist posted:

I had Jotaro's death spoiled for me repeatedly, but in context it's actually pretty misleading because he dies at the same time as everyone else.

Yeah I remember going in knowing that he died and having to go back a few times to be like wait, what, did I miss a page, THAT'S IT?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

When was the hardcover English translation of Diamond is Unbreakable announced???

'cos Amazon UK is listing it.

ISBN: 9781974706525

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like how in the two times Jotaro does in Part 4 and 6, his face explodes down the middle like Thoth predicted

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Improbable Lobster posted:

FF is now a colony of extremely well fed plankton in the Joestar family aquarium

I like to think they meet Etro shortly after the end who swears she's actually a colony of plankton or something and they just kinda laugh it off.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Yeah I remember going in knowing that he died and having to go back a few times to be like wait, what, did I miss a page, THAT'S IT?

the fight was over the second jotaro saw those knives, which is why he screamed in frustration about it

e: seriously that moment rules, jotaro knows that intercepting those knives will end up with him and everyone else dead in seconds, but he can't not save his daughter, so he just screams

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 16, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FirstAidKite posted:

They didn't get to the Black Sabbath fight yet and David Pro has been pretty good about including bits from future parts like the arrow and the photo they took in part 3. Also Dio using a similar hermit purple power isn't a retcon/inconsistency.

They also included the Joestar birth mark in Parts 1 and 2 despite it not existing til 3.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

All I know is that if they don't add Mr President to the op I will be very upset

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Uhh, Mr. President is the Stand name, I think you mean Coco Jumbo

:goonsay:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The ED is actually a representation of how Mr. President looks like in the anime, albeit without furniture.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It looks like Coco Jumbo might have his first appearance before the end of the year which means I can link Christmas Coco Jumbo to people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKkhvF0ftDk

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

I like how in the two times Jotaro does in Part 4 and 6, his face explodes down the middle like Thoth predicted

Fate has always been linear, even when time has not. What once was will always be, it's just a matter of when, and fate is infinitely patient and knows the results will eventually occur given due time. It's cool like that.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
can't wait to see the animated black sabbath fight aka the one where echoes act 3 says muthaphukkin beeyatch

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

yeah actually they will posted:

can't wait to see the animated black sabbath fight aka the one where echoes act 3 says muthaphukkin beeyatch

Everyone else should let their stands swear too

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Expect My Mom posted:

Thoth's predictions are 100% accurate, yes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Schwarzwald posted:

Dreams (Fleetwood Mac)

the part 7 ed is going to be Landslide by Fleetwood Mac or I'll challenge the head of David Productions to a beetle fight

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the part 7 ed is going to be some bit track used in the credits of a western araki watched while sleep-deprived in the 90's that literally no one will be able to guess beforehand

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Improbable Lobster posted:

Everyone else should let their stands swear too

I can't wait for the White Album fight, cause there was a lot of swearing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9JN4aqMduo

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTsbcZpH2VI

are the only acceptable Part 7 EDs

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Realistically the Part 7 ED might be a song from 2004 as they've usually been from when araki was writing the part and boy that'll be hilarious

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Expect My Mom posted:

Realistically the Part 7 ED has to be a song from 2004 and that'll be hilarious

COMING OUT OF MY CAGE
AND I'VE BEEN DOING JUST FINE
GOTTA GOTTA BE DOWN BECAUSE I WANT IT ALL
IT STARTED OUT WITH A KISS
HOW DID IT END UP LIKE THIS

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's gonna be float on by modest mouse and honestly? I wont hate it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
hey I just found this and I can't believe it's still up watch? absolutely watch the intro movie at the start and it looks like there are more if you click MOVIE??

http://annex.s-manga.net/sbr/

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Expect My Mom posted:

Realistically the Part 7 ED might be a song from 2004 as they've usually been from when araki was writing the part and boy that'll be hilarious

Muse Knights of Cydonia for the "Break Us Down" synergy.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Wayward Son or riot, at least for the second half. It’s gotta start at the very last part of the episode like Roundabout did, too. I mean imagine it after Guro dies or the Valentine fight. Perfection.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I kinda want Roundabout yet again.

Failing that, what ever song best fits Dio activating The World at the end of the episode.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the best ed was walk like an egyptian because of how on the nose it was

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I Want You was pretty on point for Kira, all the props in the world for that choice.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
I'm now convinced Part 6 will have a nu-metal song for the ending, considering when it came out and the choice of Part 5's ending.

Also, everyone who hates Freek'n You is wrong.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Expect My Mom posted:

hey I just found this and I can't believe it's still up watch? absolutely watch the intro movie at the start and it looks like there are more if you click MOVIE??

http://annex.s-manga.net/sbr/

They used to have a whole little semi-official ”soundtrack” for SBR that I bought way back. Sadly I think the site I bought it from went under so I can’t access it anymore

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Do you guys think DavidPro will give us pudgy, original flavor President Valentine until he gets the rib cage, or will he be buff President all the way?

Diamond is Unbreakable did change Tamami and Hazamada's sizes from the beginning, but I think Funny's introduction would work better if he was this weird, doughy-looking dingus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Pudgy president or bust. I wouldn’t mind an added scene of him transforming to be a buff american flag on screen