Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Chase is one of the best openings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm just hoping for an opening called "Gang☆Star" that has a rap in the middle of it.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Watched the first two episodes and I'm glad they took their time with it because it looks so drat good. The Bruno face punch was :perfect:

My favorite bit with Giorno is when Koichi caught up to him, he had the sheer balls to go "Yeah, I already sold all your stuff, sorry about that. Now would you quit following me?" like it's no big deal.

Also, I like to think one of the reasons Jotaro sent Koichi to check on Giorno is because he knows Koichi's a good judge on whether someone's a dangerous psycho or just a crazy rear end in a top hat. Look at who Koichi managed to get along with: Rohan, Yukako, Tamami and Hazamada (and arguably Josuke and Okuyasu).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm just hoping for an opening called "Gang☆Star" that has a rap in the middle of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnOw4J1pFN8

(K-Ci and JoJo guested on this song)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Momomo posted:

Chase is one of the best openings

the opening animation is good but the song isnt very jojo to me

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

STONE COLD 64 posted:

except chase.

chase was my favorite until fighting gold.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Augus posted:

Fighting Gold is extremely good and very fitting

JoJo reinvents itself with every part. People were saying Crazy Noisy Bizzare Town didn’t “sound like JoJo” at first too.

Really? I thought CNBT fit the part perfectly.

Fighting Gold though feels closer to Chase. In that it feels somewhat more general Shonen. Although someone else in the thread hit the nail on the head when they said it was very James Bond-esque

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Fighting Gold gets 8/10 Bloody Streams.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Augus posted:

People were saying Crazy Noisy Bizzare Town didn’t “sound like JoJo” at first too.
loving show yourselves, cowards

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's sung by CODA so it sounds JoJo to me

e: this is for fighting gold

Fingers Mazda
Mar 25, 2008

This is a late response, but watch this song be ending to SBR

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Fingers Mazda posted:

This is a late response, but watch this song be ending to SBR

Carry on my Wayward Son. :colbert:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

amigolupus posted:

Also, I like to think one of the reasons Jotaro sent Koichi to check on Giorno is because he knows Koichi's a good judge on whether someone's a dangerous psycho or just a crazy rear end in a top hat. Look at who Koichi managed to get along with: Rohan, Yukako, Tamami and Hazamada (and arguably Josuke and Okuyasu).
how on earth is koichi being friends with josuke and okuyasu arguable

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He's saying they're arguably crazy assholes

unless that's :thejoke:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
oh lol

i read it as "you could argue koichi got along with josuke and okuyasu" and yeah i could do that

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Josuke and Okuyasu being crazy assholes isn't even arguable either.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Remember that time Okuyasu kept eating Italian food that blew up his organs while having this abnormally eloquent rant about how the spaghetti was equivalent to a Simon and Garfunkel duet?

I miss Morioh. :smith:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
God, that scene with Giorno calmly telling Buccellati that he should be prepared to die himself when he's trying to kill someone was so perfect.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/TokisPls/status/914899087635439616

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MonsieurChoc posted:

Carry on my Wayward Son. :colbert:

Dreams (Fleetwood Mac)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

koichi's superpower is to easily make friends with freaks and weirdos

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the opening animation is good but the song isnt very jojo to me

chase only really works with the lyrics translated, as the whole thing is basically josuke saying he's going to beat the utter poo poo out of kira

great days is probably my favorite though, just for the BREAKDOWN intro

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I mean, you get that by Batta screaming Ore Wa Chase You over and over

chase is really good. it's the only jojo op that feels like an actual song a punk group would make. like I love great days and end of the world but they are very much produced for finales

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

I mean, you get that by Batta screaming Ore Wa Chase You over and over

yeah but it's just not the same without the end of that where he says that when he catches you he's going to kick your loving rear end

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

Dreams (Fleetwood Mac)

Might as well just go for Tusk if you're going for Fleetwood Mac.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hmm, i'm curious as to what fleetwood mac has to do with the animated adaptation of part 5 of jojo's bizarre adventure, otherwise known or vento aureo which translates to golden wind

:thunk:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
what do you guys think the part 4 ed will be

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Expect My Mom posted:

Albuquerque by Weird Al

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
all star!!! Lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Albuquerque by Weird Al

Only you would know such pointless crap...

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

y’all are hilariously bad at discussing the anime in the anime thread

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

Shiny Happy People by REM

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Expect My Mom posted:

oh lol

i read it as "you could argue koichi got along with josuke and okuyasu" and yeah i could do that

Hah, yeah, I should have phrased that better. :v: But

Arist posted:

He's saying they're arguably crazy assholes

It's this.

tweet my meat posted:

God, that scene with Giorno calmly telling Buccellati that he should be prepared to die himself when he's trying to kill someone was so perfect.

Something I find interesting is that despite being introduced as cool and collected, it's Buccellati seriously freaking out in that moment that this 15-year old kid is ready to kill him. Meanwhile, Giorno wasn't freaking out that he had to fight. His only concern was that he didn't know what Gold Experience's effect would be on a live person.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Giorno goes hard.

Also, now that we have animated Part 5, I wonder if there will be a rise in Mudad art.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

We still haven't heard the main version of the main character stand battle theme. Thinking back, did part 1 or 2 have any equivalent music for Jonathan or Joseph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utIO1It1nzY

This is a cover of Giorno's Gold Experience theme but I couldn't find an upload of the original.

Unlucky7 posted:

Also, is this the first time that stand users actually fight it out themselves instead of it being basically psychic pokemon?

This was an issue for me early in part 3. I know the first few fights were just demonstrations but watching Magician's Red vs Silver Chariot seemed like a boring pokemon battle were the stand users just kind of stood there and announced their attacks. Ebony Devil was the turning point for me where stand battles were actually good.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I remember Jonathan having a battle theme, but Joseph's doesn't come to mind immediately. BT had a good deal of fight music.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this was josephs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtdqnCTRtWI

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

CNBT not sounding like jojo is completely understandable if you haven't seen or read anything after part 3.

Probably similar situation with fighting gold.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Also Overdrive. And Welcome to the World.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

itskage posted:

CNBT not sounding like jojo is completely understandable if you haven't seen or read anything after part 3.

Probably similar situation with fighting gold.

ehhh, even having read part 5 fighting gold is just kinda whatever. it still doesn't feel super fitting imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Fighting Gold makes me want to get ready to fight God and that's fitting enough for me tbh.