Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo95M03AnqC/?hl=en

Silver medalist beat her squat by 11kg

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I had probably a 40# breakthrough in my squat from watching her breathing and form.
you could probably get that to 60# if you can whip up a high pony, too

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Joined a real gym today. A lot of cool poo poo. I had to do math because of calibrated kilo plates and when my hands got sweaty I dunked em right in the chalk bowl without fear of losing my membership. Pretty good feeling. There's a ton of crap there I want to play with but really don't need in my programming just yet tbh. Sling shots, bands, chains, weight releasers, duffalo bars, football bars(I'm thinking of using this things neutral handles for my main OHP sets),etc. I am going to go ahead and put belt squats and reverse hypers in though, I bet those will be pretty good.

e: Oh its got a big rear end loving poster of Rich Piana too which is cool, unsure if I'm enjoying it ironically or not though

Also I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to be able to notice the difference in a deadlift bar but I'm looking forward to using that thing too

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 16, 2018

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Her form is trash compared with Daniella, but that's how you cheat an extra #25 up. Watch that right knee come in and her torso twist as she's getting it up.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5jFHZ4d-7w

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:yikes:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

nooneofconsequence posted:

I can't seem to find the right spot for low bar.

I used to not be able to do high bar, i finally figured it out and immediately forgot how to do low bar

oh well

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Her form is trash compared with Daniella, but that's how you cheat an extra #25 up. Watch that right knee come in and her torso twist as she's getting it up.
i know absolutely gently caress-all about the rules of these things but i was shocked that it counted. it looks *so* bad in comparison

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
holy poo poo some dude in here is benching in an old-rear end Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers tank gently caress yes pro gym fit

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost
big muscly guy from my gym recently posted on IG wearing an nWo shirt because the 90s

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

TenementFunster posted:

i know absolutely gently caress-all about the rules of these things but i was shocked that it counted. it looks *so* bad in comparison

Certainly wasn't as pretty but their depth was near identical.

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
guy in my gym do brench press like thi

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

TenementFunster posted:

As the saying goes:
It's a lifting competition, not a form competition.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Paper Diamonds posted:

As the saying goes:
It's a lifting competition, not a form competition.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh2s4PXFOMd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol spin lift.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

the content i cum for

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

I would go ahead and say that made the lift actually harder.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
did everyone quit working out or something

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I just got home from doing shoulders. Gym is getting mighty loving cold, and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the ceiling fans that are on without finding something to stand on and pull the cords :/

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
weird request but does anyone know where I can get a chart like this -

but assumes you are using a 20kg/45 lb bar instead of a 25kg bar? I mean, I know all I have to do is take whatever lbs I want and add 10 to it but if that exists why make it harder.

e: I think exrx has a calculator that can do what I want. e2: I know it's a tiny tiny thing but the stupid calculator only has 1kg plates. the ones in my gym go from 2.5kg to 1.25kg.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Oct 19, 2018

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I have bad oppinions that shouldn't be inflicted on you all, even if this is GBS we need standards.

I bought Wendlers Books on 531 and 531 Forever. And realised that I should probably recalculate my TM again as I am really grinding in the 3 and 1 weeks of the lifts. Just need to also decide which of his templates I want to use for the next 3 weeks until my Vacation.

Edit: ^^^^It's not a chart but I found this Excel sheet that might help you. https://www.massenomics.com/blog/2016/5/17/v6hq571drk1l43h9jxft98mlv525n5

Helios Grime fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Oct 19, 2018

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Thanks, that spreadsheet is perfect. I just want to write down in my notebook what plates to put on each side for my workout so I don't have to spend time doing math in the gym.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Just for reference the isn't assuming a 25kg bar, it's assuming a 20kg bar + 2 X 2.5kg collars, because that's the law in Olympic lifting and powerlifting

Women's bars are 15kg so a women's spreadsheet might do the trick but it sounds like you're covered anyway

Also I did pretty much quit working out this week, but only because I'm recovering from a meet

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Oh, hrm that's weird. The guy at the gym said they use a 25kg bar in competition and we even have a 25kg bar(I think it's a texas squat bar) there at the gym that chills in the monolift that he bought specifically to mimic that bar. Does it just depend on the federation or something like that?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

^^^ probably some powerlifting federations do somewhere. The IWF uses Olympic rules (20kg bar, 2.5kg collar) that specifies the bar. IPF does too I think.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

weird request but does anyone know where I can get a chart like this -

but assumes you are using a 20kg/45 lb bar instead of a 25kg bar? I mean, I know all I have to do is take whatever lbs I want and add 10 to it but if that exists why make it harder.

e: I think exrx has a calculator that can do what I want. e2: I know it's a tiny tiny thing but the stupid calculator only has 1kg plates. the ones in my gym go from 2.5kg to 1.25kg.

Think of learning barbell math as auxiliary work.

I had some major progress with clean n jerk this week. Did sets of 70kg x2 that felt like 30. Almost popped myself in the chin with the clean. This is midway through my first cycle of doing the full Olympic lifts from the floor so I'm pretty excited.

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Oct 19, 2018

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I went in for a routine health exam.

The report recommended that I start a strength training routine.

I squat over 400 pounds and bench over 300. Thanks for the body shaming I guess.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Too beefy?... :confused:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

bamhand posted:

I went in for a routine health exam.

The report recommended that I start a strength training routine.

I squat over 400 pounds and bench over 300. Thanks for the body shaming I guess.

Great numbers

For a clown

At the circus

Do you even lift bro

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Apparently not enough =(.

I'm definitely overweight, 5'7 207lb. But I'm pretty sure lifting more will not change that situation.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Should have thrown your doctor over your shoulder and busted out a amrap set of squats to show em who's boss.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Maybe he was totally being sarcastic but you didn’t catch him rolling his eyes while he was saying that and now you think that it was a serious recommendation.

either way, you should definitely squat your doctor like the previous suggestions

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It was a written report in an email. Maybe they just assume anyone who is overweight is a lazy sack of poo poo who doesn't exercise. Which is pretty offensive since I'm a lazy sack of poo poo who sometimes exercises.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
lol they probably just looked at your BMI and said "oh, okay"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
So I have taken off 2-3 days the last 2 weeks due to work schedules and noticed that my strength has really improved. I loving hate rest days but I am starting to think they are a good idea. :sigh:

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Chinatown posted:

So I have taken off 2-3 days the last 2 weeks due to work schedules and noticed that my strength has really improved. I loving hate rest days but I am starting to think they are a good idea. :sigh:

Lift big
Eat big
Rest big

Edit:

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

365 deadlift pr on Wednesday. 350 pr squat today. Both felt like I still had a little bit of juice left. Gonna keep to my program and be strong as heck slowly but surely

Paper Diamonds fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 19, 2018

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Still lifting. Still losing weight. Still getting weaker. I'm down 3 notches on my lifting belt but I pulled 455 the other day for just a single and felt like I was going to die. Hardly seems worth it...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

nooneofconsequence posted:

Still lifting. Still losing weight. Still getting weaker. I'm down 3 notches on my lifting belt but I pulled 455 the other day for just a single and felt like I was going to die. Hardly seems worth it...

get BEEFY

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Still lifting.

Still weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I was banned for calling lowtax transphobic but I reregged to explain that people stopped posting ITT because this thread got bad

Hating on a competition max effort lift because it wasn't pretty? S M G DH