Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

do you have to pay for the ride back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

brace yourselves for the #woke takes, people: The Hate U Give, which from trailers looks like Crash but based on a YA book described as "a #BLM primer", is coming out this week. it is expected to contend for Oscars.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Troy Queef posted:

brace yourselves for the #woke takes, people: The Hate U Give, which from trailers looks like Crash but based on a YA book described as "a #BLM primer", is coming out this week. it is expected to contend for Oscars.

I was under the impression that Harry Potter books were the only YA books ever written, possibly the only books ever written period.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Honestly a lot of people cite not being able to get to the polls as a reason for not voting so I'm not super mad at this

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

LionYeti posted:

Honestly a lot of people cite not being able to get to the polls as a reason for not voting so I'm not super mad at this

yea that's actually good but

Shear Modulus posted:

do you have to pay for the ride back

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Troy Queef posted:

The only way the powers that be handle things like police corruption is to ramp them up and then put their spin on it so it's normal and okay now. I remember watching Serpico for the first time when I was about 22 and being utterly disgusted with the movie and Pacino for being in it. Felt the same way about Crash.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

phasmid posted:

I remember watching Serpico for the first time when I was about 22 and being utterly disgusted with the movie and Pacino for being in it.

Tony Montana had a stylist and a SAG card

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Troy Queef posted:

its supposed to be good tho, unlike crash. also the director just died

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

yea crash is the worst movie ever made lol. it's gonna have to be extremely bad to even get close to crash.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Crash is part of the Walker, Texas Ranger extended universe

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

got any sevens posted:

its supposed to be good tho, unlike crash. also the director just died

screenwriter. so that's the adapted screenplay oscar all locked up

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

looking at the tipped oscar nominees on gold derby and lmao the marketing departments of major studios have put in the fuckin work this year

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

it's probably going to be better than Crash, but it's going to get unanimously positive reviews from critics solely based on its perceived good politics regardless of whether it's a good movie or not, so gently caress that noise

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
lmao why would you treat reactionary #brand "award" shows like the oscars or the tony's with anything but hostility and disdain?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

lmao why would you treat reactionary #brand "award" shows like the oscars or the tony's with anything but hostility and disdain?
if these awards shows were as important as they're made out to be by self-righteous critics, kendrick lamar would have won best album three times already. it ultimately means nothing but they're too cowardly to give the man a worthless trophy

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's weird that kendrick lamar doesn't win all the awards. His brand of insanely tedious "important" rap should be like catnip to these fucks, it's perfectly calibrated for libs who want to listen to rap but can't bear the thought of someone thinking they're less than totally woke

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

all I know is I include Kendrick in my prayers every night

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Snoop Dogg should get an award for smoking all the weed

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Snoop Dogg should get an award for calling Kanye out.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Crane Fist posted:

It's weird that kendrick lamar doesn't win all the awards. His brand of insanely tedious "important" rap should be like catnip to these fucks, it's perfectly calibrated for libs who want to listen to rap but can't bear the thought of someone thinking they're less than totally woke

Yea but he doesn't go to the "right" parties, and probably has opinions that differ from the "right" people, thus he is bad.

plus childish gambino has better lyrics and composition

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
kendrick lamar won a pulitzer

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

shame his music is garbage, tho

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

an actual dog posted:

yea crash is the worst movie ever made lol. it's gonna have to be extremely bad to even get close to crash.

i'm not saying it's going to be as bad a film as Crash, but from the trailers/reviews its poiltics are about as subtle as those in Crash

which is to say, about as subtle as being smacked upside the head with a baseball bat

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jonathan Fisk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp7eSUU9oy8

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

if I want to listen to parliament they released plenty on their own

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

me and your mama is a much better song anyway

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Troy Queef posted:

i'm not saying it's going to be as bad a film as Crash, but from the trailers/reviews its poiltics are about as subtle as those in Crash

which is to say, about as subtle as being smacked upside the head with a baseball bat

lack of subtlety wasn't crash's problem lol

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Everytime I hear goons hating on Crash I'm briefly thinking of the Cronenberg one lol.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
this song alone should qualify kendrick for every award https://twitter.com/noah_charlick/status/1052010534860664833?s=19

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Crane Fist posted:

yeah but macklemore was equally woke in their minds for saying gay people are ok plus he's white so they gave it to him. like i know all major award shows are jokes and everything but it will never not be funny that loving macklemore beat out drake, kendrick, jay-z, and kanye for rap album of the year especially when two of the albums he beat are legit top 10 albums of any genre for the decade.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Kuiperdolin posted:

Everytime I hear goons hating on Crash I'm briefly thinking of the Cronenberg one lol.

Cronenberg's Crash is about a far more marginalized minority: fukin weirdos

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
i'n allergic u insensitive fuks

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

:chloe:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

is pepsi ok posted:

yeah but macklemore was equally woke in their minds for saying gay people are ok plus he's white so they gave it to him. like i know all major award shows are jokes and everything but it will never not be funny that loving macklemore beat out drake, kendrick, jay-z, and kanye for rap album of the year especially when two of the albums he beat are legit top 10 albums of any genre for the decade

??

I'd actually totally forgotten about macklemore beating everyone to the award and how loving hilarious that is

some plague rats has issued a correction as of 02:11 on Oct 18, 2018

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

is pepsi ok posted:

yeah but macklemore was equally woke in their minds for saying gay people are ok plus he's white so they gave it to him. like i know all major award shows are jokes and everything but it will never not be funny that loving macklemore beat out drake, kendrick, jay-z, and kanye for rap album of the year especially when two of the albums he beat are legit top 10 albums of any genre for the decade.

hey hey hold on there.

ryan lewis also won.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

is pepsi ok posted:

come on now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 198 days!
Salon.com being full of liberals constantly justifying their love for Eminem back in the day was pretty funny. Especially since they only really touched the misogyny of his lyrics, and never really got into the fact that they suddenly started paying attention the moment a white rapper became popular. You know, for some reason.