Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I played DRG all through Heavenward and it was actually pretty fun and I enjoyed it a lot, but I bounced off the Mirage Dive/Nastrond/Dragon Sight/Life of the Dragon stuff so hard I ended up maining SAM instead. It just reinforced how many design problems the job has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Arist posted:

Play DRG so I have someone to give my BRD Dragon Sight

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Monathin posted:

Monk in Stormblood has always flowed better than Dragoon and brings comparable raid utility after the Brotherhood buffs.

That's great to hear. I always liked monk better. I guess Monk it is! Thanks folks.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
I pine for the world where dragoon isn’t the lone source of piercing resist down.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

troofs posted:

That's great to hear. I always liked monk better. I guess Monk it is! Thanks folks.

Just in time for you to learn Tornado Kick rotations! Hope you live next door to the data center.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Alakaiser posted:

I pine for the world where dragoon isn’t the lone source of piercing resist down.

Same but I also want a world in which monk's blunt res down benefits literally anyone else.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Brainamp posted:

Same but I also want a world in which monk's blunt res down benefits literally anyone else.

take 4 monks

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Brainamp posted:

You're pretty much always going to get at least 1 party member with a book/cane/staff :v:

What sort of autoattack does AST do anyways?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
AST does slashing with the cards and it's great

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Bleu posted:

Just in time for you to learn Tornado Kick rotations! Hope you live next door to the data center.

I think I'm pretty far away from doing anything that optimal with monk but it's nice to know that the opportunity is there. Also I think they moved the servers to Sacramento so I'm in business! :dota101:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I love spears and being an armored human jet but yeah managing all of the timers for DRG is just bad.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's almost as though having different physical damage types is dumb and unnecessarily fiddly.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Brainamp posted:

Just wait for BLU to come out with its mainhand shields.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

somepartsareme posted:

AST does slashing with the cards and it's great

someone please make a gambit glamour and rp as a dps ast

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Just wait for BLU to come out with its mainhand shields.

It's gonna be hammers you loving philistine.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

loving scimitars you troglodytes

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

a fork?

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
A whip has both precedent in the series and blunt damage! :eng101:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Aithon posted:

Excuse me but whips are reserved for Beastmaster. :whip:

(If we ever get Beastmaster, I expect either whips or handaxes.)

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Aithon posted:

I am hoping for a dual wielding style with a scimitar in one hand and a whip in the other. Why compromise when you could have both.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Whips would actually work really well for Dancer, since it would give them the ability to fight at midrange in a way that makes diegetic sense.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Look forward to 6.0's blunt damage class, green mage

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

Look forward to 6.0's blunt damage class, green mage

:420:

Just casts sleep.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Locked at item level 420

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
but that maeks it susceptible to level 2, 3, 4, and 5 death tho...

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
just don't stand in the death circle then, ya big goof

KoB
May 1, 2009

Leal posted:

Locked at item level 420

Disappointing that we will likely blow through 420 while leveling to 80.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
If I post a parse of mine here can i get some feedback? I really want to do better for my team.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

BrightWing posted:

If I post a parse of mine here can i get some feedback? I really want to do better for my team.

Reported for using a parser

Just post it and someone will probably give you advice

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Jokes on you, its not from my parser!
https://www.fflogs.com/reports/nrJV8WbPFAH9xBGd/#fight=last
https://www.fflogs.com/reports/dj1FGfb27KtAVXkR/#fight=8

I'm the bard. Help me budget my damage, my team is dying.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Brainamp posted:

Since you're at 60, you can grab the sky pirates set off the mb now.

Granted the coat in the last one is a 70 coat but whatever. Also don't forget to check out the wolves den and the gear there.

Need to be angrier

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Bolow posted:

Need to be angrier

A smug smile better suits a hero.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Leal posted:

Locked at item level 420

if pace continues our AF4/lvl 80 job set will be ilevel 420

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

BrightWing posted:

Jokes on you, its not from my parser!
https://www.fflogs.com/reports/nrJV8WbPFAH9xBGd/#fight=last
https://www.fflogs.com/reports/dj1FGfb27KtAVXkR/#fight=8

I'm the bard. Help me budget my damage, my team is dying.

I don't know anything about bard (except that you aren't potting), but my static has a really good bard if you wanna compare timelines https://www.fflogs.com/reports/Rx4jYJTBZCcbywvN#fight=18&type=summary

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

KoB posted:

Disappointing that we will likely blow through 420 while leveling to 80.

Actually if they maintain the same ilvl jump from HW to SB in the next xpac, the initial set of gear you get when you 80 would be ilvl 420

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
What did I miss unnecessary catgirl dragongirl picture time?

I really like the PLD AF3 in blue. And I don't care how ubiquitous it seems to be now, I'll never stop loving Aettir.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

smh at every dragongirl who doesn't pick the bull horns.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
To continue on with MCH fashion talk, what are some cool looking guns to look out for?

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

Blockhouse posted:

To continue on with MCH fashion talk, what are some cool looking guns to look out for?

imo the Makai Hand Mortar is the only gun that looks good with Gauss Barrel on and fits most of MCH's animations. Plus it lets you make a secret agent glamour so what's not to love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

pupuru posted:

imo the Makai Hand Mortar is the only gun that looks good with Gauss Barrel on and fits most of MCH's animations. Plus it lets you make a secret agent glamour so what's not to love
Gauss barrel look terrible with everything which is why I have it turned off. I do used the hand mortar though, that is the best gun by a wide margin.