Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

FrozenVent posted:

Quebec is going out of it’s way to make legal purchasing as annoying as possible, so thankfully we still have our thriving black market.

So is Ontario, all the dispensaries that are currently present are not just illegal, but locked out of the legal marketplace forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Ya I guess it's only online for now so lol

They also don't have concentrates and I really hate smoking cause I have pussy lungs (when I smoked cigs for a year I still coughed every time I light up) so I'll still be picking up from my dealer

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1052300159068069888

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
lmao joe we kicked you out precisely because of who you are

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

FrozenVent posted:

Quebec is going out of it’s way to make legal purchasing as annoying as possible, so thankfully we still have our thriving black market.

In Quebec, before weed legalization: cannabis leaf t-shirts are just shirts
After weed legalization: cannabis leaf t-shirts illegal. $2,500 $62,500 for first offence and up to $125,000 for repeat offenders.

No growing in Quebec either. Health Minister Lucie Charlebois took a break from fretting about weed being laced with fentanyl to explain that if growing is permitted, well then kids could be out playing and get into the neighbor's yard or whatever and eat a cannabis so obviously that can't be allowed.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

and whose fault is it then that the voters didnt know who you were

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I find it hard to get too upset that the Ontario Cannabis Store is annoying when I can just get $100 ounces from BC with free express canada post shipping lol

Mister Sinewave posted:

After weed legalization: cannabis leaf t-shirts illegal. $2,500 $62,500 for first offence and up to $125,000 for repeat offenders.

No growing in Quebec either. Health Minister Lucie Charlebois took a break from fretting about weed being laced with fentanyl to explain that if growing is permitted, well then kids could be out playing and get into the neighbor's yard or whatever and eat a cannabis so obviously that can't be allowed.

LOL jesus

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

The Iron Rose posted:

I find it hard to get too upset that the Ontario Cannabis Store is annoying when I can just get $100 ounces from BC with free express canada post shipping lol

LOL jesus

Once it's legal to grow here I will, but honestly I live in a lovely area with brats that I'm certain would come onto my property to steal my weed, so I'm gonna make an interior garden in a spare room in my house.

Edit: dangit, this should be in response to that Canadian Pol who says the kids will get into people's lawns and smoke a weed

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You wouldn't want to grow outdoors anyways just because of the risk of pollination and pests.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

School shooting event in Russian-controlled Crimea, looks like 17 dead. Russian authorities are, unsurprisingly, blaming Ukraine even though it looks like it was carried out by a local disgruntled teenager twenty-something.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45891201

https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/1052539002987970560

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 17, 2018

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

Mr. Nice! posted:

You wouldn't want to grow outdoors anyways just because of the risk of pollination and pests.

I grow a decent amount of food in my backyard anyway, so I'm not too worried about that stuff, tbh :)

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Mister Sinewave posted:

Is that a joke? I can't tell anymore, 2018 has broken me.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

LongDarkNight posted:

Is that a joke? I can't tell anymore, 2018 has broken me.

Nope. Government regulation of cannabis sales extends to clothing with marijuana logos.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
^^^^^^ just the pot leaf logo? I thought you meant like shirts that had hemp/weed woven in. Lol Quebec is somehow always the worst

My buddy is getting into homegrown stuff and hydroponic grow ops for personal use and will give me a deal on a stand alone kit I can put in my shed. I'll probably just grow a couple plants for loving around and keep buying shatter cause I don't want to spend thousands to get high quality shatter and have a big oily mess in my house

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

quote:

A clause in Quebec's law adapting the federal legalization of marijuana prohibits the sale, exchange or donation of any product branded with "an image directly associated with cannabis," according to a report at HuffPost Quebec.

"The operator of a business or a cannabis producer may not sell, give away or exchange an object that is not cannabis if a name, logo, distinctive sign, design, image or slogan that is directly associated with cannabis, a cannabis brand, the Société québécoise du cannabis or a cannabis producer appears on this (product)," reads section 50 of the province's Cannabis Regulation Act.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Good imo

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/RobertMaguire_/status/1052521442062032896

Pompeo has also expressed confidence in KSA's targeting process and efforts to minimize civilian harm in Yemen.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Fallom posted:

Good imo

:allears:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

^^^^^^ just the pot leaf logo? I thought you meant like shirts that had hemp/weed woven in. Lol Quebec is somehow always the worst

My buddy is getting into homegrown stuff and hydroponic grow ops for personal use and will give me a deal on a stand alone kit I can put in my shed. I'll probably just grow a couple plants for loving around and keep buying shatter cause I don't want to spend thousands to get high quality shatter and have a big oily mess in my house

I had a bunch of Aussies and Kiwis tell me last week that their stereotype of Canadians is that you're all stoners.

This page has definitely helped their case.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2018/10/16/us-servicemember-involved-in-ukrainian-su-27-crash-3/

AF Times posted:

WASHINGTON — A member of the California Air National Guard’s 144th Fighter Wing and a Ukrainian service member died in a Oct. 16 crash of an Ukrainian Su-27 aircraft flying in Ukraine’s Clear Sky exercise, the U.S. Air Force said Wednesday.

The U.S. airman was taking part in a single-aircraft familiarization flight with a Ukrainian pilot, and no other aircraft were involved in the incident, according to a news release put out by U.S. Air Forces Europe.

I would also note that they named this exercise the same name as the first sequel to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Holy gently caress all your media outlets are absolute garbage. They're half the reason the right wing is so aggressive lately, look at this bullshit

https://twitter.com/NYTMetro/status/1052553086772944897?s=19

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
“Get physical” is a weird euphemism for angrily anal spreading on webcam.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

“Get physical” is a weird euphemism for angrily anal spreading on webcam.

Well they did go around beating people in fights 10-1 over the weekend...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Does it make it ok if Che Guevara's head is partially obscuring the pot leaf

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
C'est ne pas une pipe.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/CamMacIntoshCBC/status/1052577519088652288?s=19

Ordered a quad from the Ontario online store to see what it's like but I'm not home for another 2 weeks anyways but they would probably be sold out by then

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

piL posted:

C'est ne pas une pipe.

Pipe is Québec slang for a blow job. Just saying.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/CamMacIntoshCBC/status/1052577519088652288?s=19

Ordered a quad from the Ontario online store to see what it's like but I'm not home for another 2 weeks anyways but they would probably be sold out by then

I'm not a big weed guy but I ordered two pre-rolled joints because gently caress it, why not? It's legal now.

Today we are all Weedlord Bonerhitlers.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I want a physical store so I can see what in buying. When I was in California it was a nice setup. The place I went to had an iPad with strains, bunch of pre-rolls, edibles, concentrates, sexy counter staff that were extremely knowledgeable. Basically a bar but with weed

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Wait till you can use your credit card. That was a crazy moment for me.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All the weed stores will be brand new and nice as gently caress. They'll also be insanely busy for the first couple weeks and don't be surprised if legal weed growers can't keep up with demand in the first month or so. The first couple weed stores in Seattle would always have lines out the door for half a block every day and had to limit purchases well under the legal limit just to have enough to go around until hype kinda died down and more stores got their licenses.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Canada definitely trying to swing the weed marketing pendulum deep into head-up-rear end "artisanal" territory as though it's any less goofy and ridiculous than any head shop.

C'mon, folks know what they're getting they aren't all idiots.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Any move away from traditional pothead/pot culture is probably a good one though

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I still believe that this was an elaborate honeypot.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
100% my former coworker is on that site.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Me love the Trump too, please sended me $3,000 so I can come to great again America for sexy time.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Brute Squad posted:

I still believe that this was an elaborate honeypot.

I bet it's going to be like Ashley Madison and be 100% dudes

Normal straight red blooded dudes who signed up to be "Donald Daters" lmao

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1052590133244043264?s=19

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Meanwhile Clinton got taken to task in front of Congress over a loving affair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://www.propublica.org/article/dean-heller-pushed-va-to-use-unproven-brainwave-frequency-treatment

GOP members and Trump officials pushing VA to try experimental treatments on veterans, pay private businesses for the opportunity to do so.

• Locked thread