Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

They could just have him swap out with buff valentine from another dimension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Pudgy Valentine at first for sure. He'll be just like Iggy.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

They could just have him swap out with buff valentine from another dimension

Isn't this literally what happens? Fat Valentine gets stabbed, uses a chair to phase through the floor, and the next time we see him he's buff?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm pretty sure its him getting the rib cage that makes him hot, it at least happens soon after that

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Isn't this literally what happens? Fat Valentine gets stabbed, uses a chair to phase through the floor, and the next time we see him he's buff?

I read it as more of a Pesci or Damo, thing. It wasn't so much that Valentine was over-weight and then he was in shape so much that Valentine was a passive character who slouched and then he became active and fixed his posture.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Once Valentine had to start being a proper villain he got sexy as gently caress.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/PhillipBankss/status/1052412459036893186?s=19

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Also, having finished my Re-read of Steel Ball Run, I've identified my favorite Arakism is when he has a character basically say the same thing 3 times in a row. I can't help but imagine him writing the line three times, trying to determine which one is best before going "gently caress it, all of them!"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Llab posted:

Do you guys think DavidPro will give us pudgy, original flavor President Valentine until he gets the rib cage, or will he be buff President all the way?

Diamond is Unbreakable did change Tamami and Hazamada's sizes from the beginning, but I think Funny's introduction would work better if he was this weird, doughy-looking dingus.

They should pull a reverse Tamami Kobayashi and draw him pudgy for the entire series

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Building tension to the only ORA beatdown in the Part by Valentines terrified questioning over and over sincerely rules

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Chumimin~~

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
for all its faults, All Star Battle loving nailed the special GHA of Johnny vs Valentine

it's my favorite to watch

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

valentine is basically flipping the gently caress out because something that's not supposed to be happening is happening and all he can do is stand there and watch it happen because to drop his focus would mean he's 100% hosed instead of just 99.999% hosed

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Valentine engineered a decades long plan to get the ability of never having anything bad ever happen to him again, power he would have given to his entire country and people, truly creating the City On A Hill ideal, a role model for the entire world, a plan that worked, no harm can touch him. And then Johnny here just goes "No."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

it's apparently the same valentine, araki just said he randomly changed his art style so valentine became hot

Expect My Mom posted:

Building tension to the only ORA beatdown in the Part by Valentines terrified questioning over and over sincerely rules

also he literally has no idea, stands have mostly been weird and almost entirely inhuman so far, what kind of monstrous ability is contained within those hands??? what effect is it activating???

oh it's just beating the poo poo out of me so hard that i'm melting between dimensions

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I always just assumed that the fit Valentines were there simply because the main Valentine was too lazy to stay in shape.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TheLoneStar posted:

I always just assumed that the fit Valentines were there simply because the main Valentine was too lazy to stay in shape.

i mean no matter what he still has his extremely attractive and not creepy qualities of "does not make sound when he walks" and "can play instruments with his feet"

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Araki obviously didn't solidify she what exactly D4C does until after the shooting of Johnny Joestar so fit Valentine really can't have been from an alternate dimension

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Not really, Valentine dimension switches and comes back when he tries to tape Lucy a couple chapters even before Chocolate Disco

Theres also that scene where some guy is questioning him so he sends him to another dimension, the famous Djoyaaaaan scene

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I like to imagine that Valentines plan worked and the world wars basically leaving the rest of the world a scrapheap and America on top was just what happens when all the bad luck gets pushed away from the US

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The Stone Ocean ED should be Rusty Cage

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Onmi posted:

Also, having finished my Re-read of Steel Ball Run, I've identified my favorite Arakism is when he has a character basically say the same thing 3 times in a row. I can't help but imagine him writing the line three times, trying to determine which one is best before going "gently caress it, all of them!"

Valentine: "gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress fuckfuckfuck"

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

RubberLuffy posted:

for all its faults, All Star Battle loving nailed the special GHA of Johnny vs Valentine

it's my favorite to watch

You monster, you've gone and got me hype about Part 7 again and it'll be years before it gets abimated. I hope you're happy with yourself. (That is an immensely satisfying beatdown, though, and it makes me happy to think about it. gently caress you, Valentine.

Also yes, Carry on My Wayward Son would be incredibly perfect as the ED for 7.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Valentine did nothing wrong.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Valentine did.... some things wrong

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The real question is how many Trump jokes are we gonna have to endure when part 7 gets adapted

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

The real question is how many Trump jokes are we gonna have to endure when part 7 gets adapted
I'd say that's far enough in the future that it won't come up a lot but...that's just wishful thinking probably.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

according to valentine

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Guys, I love all JoJo, but I love the end of Steel Ball Run so much more. Just... Valentine’s final words give me chills every time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I really need to reread SBR.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Gaius Marius posted:

He tried to rape a fourteen year old

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
He also lied too and tried to murder a sobbing nineteen year old who had all but given up and got killed in self defense

Now Kira Yoshikage, there is a man who did nothing wrong

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i don't feel like i deserved to be probated for saying [jolyne] is jealous of organisms that can have sex with anything they touch in the anime thread, given the posts that are going on in there right now :colbert:

I didn't even say they were snails!

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
what the gently caress is going on with Poor Tom

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
If i mamaged to snuck in a post in the anime thread before it was close, does that mean i can move in the stopped time

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I love you guys, but please exercise any amount of chill wrt to the anime thread. I'll reopen the thread Friday morning unless Wark thinks that's too long

Theres no reason to wonder about the final op there and not right here

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 17, 2018

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Kurtofan posted:

If i mamaged to snuck in a post in the anime thread before it was close, does that mean i can move in the stopped time

instead of twitching his fingers jotaro starts talking about touching star platinum's dick

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Kurtofan posted:

Lol I saw this and it absolutely felt like DIO seeing Jotaro move and jumping back twenty feet like a cat

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Llab posted:

Guys, I love all JoJo, but I love the end of Steel Ball Run so much more. Just... Valentine’s final words give me chills every time.

I liked how they revealed how deep his delusion went

johnny decisively corners him and then proves that he's objectively a lying scumbag and he just retreats back into the illusion and blindly fires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

Also yes, Carry on My Wayward Son would be incredibly perfect as the ED for 7.

If there's more than one ED like in Stardust Crusaders, the later parts could have Jesus He Knows Me.