Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

here's an easy question: do you defend louhimiäs in any way? if yes congratulations youre a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

HerraS posted:

here's an easy question: do you defend louhimiäs in any way? if yes congratulations youre a piece of poo poo

I don't actually know enough of what he is accused of to be sure, but I doubt he's worse than Turkka, and I'd defend Turkka. :shrug:

Then again he isn't Turkka, and I can't recall seeing anything impressive out of that dude, so gently caress him anyway I guess.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Turkka destroyed Finnish theatre and because the Finnish scene (heh) is so small, he destroyed Finnish cinema and television as well. They will never recover from his poo poo.

If he did something else he should be hated for then I'm sorry I already hate him the maximum amount for the aforementioned reason.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Louhimies raped Tuntematon sotilas and deserves to die.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

I blame Turkka for that, too. Not that I give a poo poo about Tuntematon sotilas because it's a war movie and therefore automatically bad.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Nurge posted:

I don't actually know enough of what he is accused of to be sure, but I doubt he's worse than Turkka, and I'd defend Turkka. :shrug:

got ousted as a sex pest who abuses women actors, did a lovely non-apology

the reporter who broke the story asked the bbc (whom louhimiäs was supposed to direct a series for or some poo poo) if they knew he was a sex pest and the bbc then shitcanned louhimiäs

now louhimiäs and a disgustingly large part of the media are trying to make the reporter the villain for revealing that hes a sex pest to the bbc rather than, you know, louhimiäs for being a sex pest in the first place

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I don't know why people badmouth Turkka, considering he made masterpieces like this:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2vrzju

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Nenonen posted:

I thought it was a good movie and probably my favorite out of the 3 versions, although it's a bit constrained by its source material (which I do love as a novel); an original story could've worked even better.

I have no doubt he's a monster though and deserves all the poo poo he's been getting. All the accusers are completely credible.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

HerraS posted:

got ousted as a sex pest who abuses women actors, did a lovely non-apology

the reporter who broke the story asked the bbc (whom louhimiäs was supposed to direct a series for or some poo poo) if they knew he was a sex pest and the bbc then shitcanned louhimiäs

now louhimiäs and a disgustingly large part of the media are trying to make the reporter the villain for revealing that hes a sex pest to the bbc rather than, you know, louhimiäs for being a sex pest in the first place

Ok well gently caress that guy double then. I thought he was just a super lovely guy to work with like Turkka. If he actually did inappropriate sexual stuff he needs to get hosed forever.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.
i'm "olli immonen" of "ylen hallintoneuvosto" and now tell me your name and address

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
They shoulda phoned up the "Black Mannerheim" and do the Tuntematon Sotilas remake with him to mindfreak persut.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Gortarius posted:

They shoulda phoned up the "Black Mannerheim" and do the Tuntematon Sotilas remake with him to mindfreak persut.

Who Killed Lieutenant Koskela?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfN1XQBMj-k

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
In other news, Ilja "MV-lehti" Janitskin was sentenced to prison for one year and ten months by the lower court. A sad day for freedom of speech as interpreted by your racist uncle.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

In other news, Ilja "MV-lehti" Janitskin was sentenced to prison for one year and ten months by the lower court. A sad day for freedom of speech as interpreted by your racist uncle.

Hieno homma, kaikki ryssät ja ryssänmieliset (Bäckman) linnaan iäksi!

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Nurge posted:

Ok well gently caress that guy double then. I thought he was just a super lovely guy to work with like Turkka. If he actually did inappropriate sexual stuff he needs to get hosed forever.

He didn't sexually abuse anyone. Apparently he was just tough to work with, for both men and women.

The reporter who contacted BBC is on study leave and currently not working for YLE, even according to them (she isn't even allowed to). She claimed she contacted them because of work, but instead it was just her acting on her own with the sole intent of ending their co-operation.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Reporters who aren't actively employed by an organization are still reporters, and you can't possibly know her intent unless she talked about it herself.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Reading in the local paper that the new west metro is working so well that more people than before are choosing to drive cars to work in Helsinki. One interviewee who has been a lifetime public transport user thinks the system is now such a hassle that she has started driving to work for the first time in her life.

Seems like money well spent.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

His Divine Shadow posted:

Reading in the local paper that the new west metro is working so well that more people than before are choosing to drive cars to work in Helsinki. One interviewee who has been a lifetime public transport user thinks the system is now such a hassle that she has started driving to work for the first time in her life.

Seems like money well spent.

This is textbook stdh.txt

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

odotas kun tästä mennään hoviin, korkeimpaan oikeuteen ja lopuksi Euroopan ihmisoikeustuomioistuimeen ja eiköhän Janispetskin jossain välissä luikahda takaisin Andorraan

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Darkest Auer posted:

West metro itself was money well spent. Could have been spent better though, loving shortened platforms gonna be a problem. But Espoo decided to cut from busses when the metro extension was opened, which has resulted in some boroughs suffering from longer trip times to central Helsinki.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Darkest Auer posted:

I wish I knew what this meant.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

poo poo That Didn't Happen

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Ornedan posted:

West metro itself was money well spent.

Obviously, they spent all of the budget and then 28% more, not a euro left unspent. That's very good spending.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Ornedan posted:

West metro itself was money well spent. Could have been spent better though, loving shortened platforms gonna be a problem. But Espoo decided to cut from busses when the metro extension was opened, which has resulted in some boroughs suffering from longer trip times to central Helsinki.

Oh absolutely, the entire thing was a shitshow, but now that it's actually operational people whining about changed bus routes is stupid. Boo hoo, my commute just changed from 20 minutes with 1 change to 18 minutes with 2 changes :qq:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Sen verran haluaisin lisätä myös Paavon omalla kielellä, että ruuhka-aikaan onnettomuuden aiheuttaminen pitäisi olla raskauttava asianhaara lopullisessa tuomiossa. Ja valvontaa niille Viron kilvillä ajeleville munapäille.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Metanaut posted:

He didn't sexually abuse anyone. Apparently he was just tough to work with, for both men and women.

The reporter who contacted BBC is on study leave and currently not working for YLE, even according to them (she isn't even allowed to). She claimed she contacted them because of work, but instead it was just her acting on her own with the sole intent of ending their co-operation.

gently caress off

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

taas kaiken maailman dosentteja löytyy
https://www.uusisuomi.fi/kotimaa/262165-professori-seppo-koskinen-loysi-irtisanomislaista-pahan-ongelman-tama-ei-enaa-ole

I'm sure the chair of the constitutional committee Annika Lapintie (LA) has every reason to hastily rubberstamp this bill and not have a prolonged committee handling

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Darkest Auer posted:

Oh absolutely, the entire thing was a shitshow, but now that it's actually operational people whining about changed bus routes is stupid. Boo hoo, my commute just changed from 20 minutes with 1 change to 18 minutes with 2 changes :qq:

In Latokaski the theoretical travel time to Kamppi increased from ~30 minutes to 60 minutes, not counting metro issues that prolong travel times as well.

From southeastern Espoo travel times sometimes increased by 10 minutes (this is often a very significant change)

In HSL survey, happiness with metro fell from like 95 % to 75 % percent, with Länsimetro people being most unhappy. Not suprisingly changing the travel mode is a source of anger (direct bus lines -> bus to metro, then metro to city)

Car traffic at Länäri has only decreased by 1 %, while entire traffic has decreased by about 5 %. The decrease is almost entirely due to bus and lorry traffic.

Basically people who used buses now use metro, but those people who used to have direct (and fast) connections to Helsinki now enjoy a slower connection with an additional switch. Combined with too small metros, this leads to significantly increased unhappiness.

Calling stdh at people who switched from metro to car and claiming increased travel times as something that does not matter is dumb as gently caress. Short-term, the project is a clusterfuck. Long-term it might work, but the capacity will end well before that.

El Perkele fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 18, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darkest Auer is a literal jew-hating oven-loving nazi.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Petition to merge finland.jpg with soviet_russia_entirely_not_guilty_of_killing_people_in_Crimea.mpg4

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Has länsimetro really made east-west traffic in Espoo worse? I haven't really paid much attention because I don't live there anymore, but lol if they managed to gently caress up up east-west public transportation in addition to north-south being a shitshow.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Wasn't takxsi law relaxed just so that ceo's could find a cab to take them from Esbo to Hesa-Vanda aerodrome after the rest of society collapsed along with metro?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Jerry Cotton posted:

Petition to merge finland.jpg with soviet_russia_entirely_not_guilty_of_killing_people_in_Crimea.mpg4

I hear Homma forum might be interested.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

At least we'll get a new thread soon. Maybe it will be better?
I wonder if Stefu will come back to make it too before vanishing again.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

HerraS posted:

gently caress off

You called him a "sex pest", but the accusations aren't about that at all. It's about him bullying and humiliating and generally coercing his actors to do uncomfortable things, instead of working the scenes out with them, to get what he thinks he wants on film. This is absolutely not OK, but it's not sexual abuse.

Zat fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 18, 2018

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Zat posted:

You called him a "sex pest", but the accusations aren't about that at all. It's about him bullying and humiliating and generally coercing his actors to do uncomfortable things, instead of working the scenes out with them, to get what he thinks he wants on film. This is absolutely not OK, but it's not sexual abuse.

gently caress off

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Someone please explain to me, what HS was actually trying to communicate with this picture.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

throw to first drat IT posted:

Someone please explain to me, what HS was actually trying to communicate with this picture.

He just read some of Jerry Cotton's posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Zat posted:

gently caress off