Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Iron Crowned posted:

Just like every season then?

Well, except the first season, but no, even worse than TWD normally has been for a couple years, which was really exceptionally bad by last year. I stopped watching last season and killed my subscription or whatever to it on youtube tv when it came back recently. Even the once or twice per season giant gun battles they blow all the budget on wasn't doing it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

Shouldn’t this be the other way round

Live Through This was the second Hole album. She dated Billy before she met Kurt. So no?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

So you're saying she killed her husband

Nah I just meant that even before this, Frances was acting like Courtney Jr.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

Well, except the first season, but no, even worse than TWD normally has been for a couple years, which was really exceptionally bad by last year. I stopped watching last season and killed my subscription or whatever to it on youtube tv when it came back recently. Even the once or twice per season giant gun battles they blow all the budget on wasn't doing it for me.

I stopped a couple seasons back when the first half of the season had them just running a marathon to do something with the zomibes

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

precision posted:

Nah I just meant that even before this, Frances was acting like Courtney Jr.

Poor girl probably had more drugs in her system than the whole of TCC before she was even born, that was kind of inevitable.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Iron Crowned posted:

I stopped a couple seasons back when the first half of the season had them just running a marathon to do something with the zomibes

Season 8 took place over the course of like 3 days

It's real bad

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/pitchfork/status/1052601400230862854

:rip:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The subtitles from the last season obviously weren't joking that he was done with the show. Hope he has something equally awesome planned for the future, and glad it ended in a pretty perfect way.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

I’m glad, feel like anything after finding frances could never live up to it

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I believe Nathan knew even he couldn’t top the last episode of the show.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah I'm sad to see it go, but I really couldn't see him getting away with bigger and better things on the show. I know he was a writer on Who Is America so he's definitely bringing the magic elsewhere.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

GreenNight posted:

I still listen to both of those albums, they hold up.

Celebrity Skin? That's the best Love stuff.

e: there's a doc on Netflix about her drummer which is a bummer. Courtney Love is a terrible person.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shageletic posted:

e: there's a doc on Netflix about her drummer which is a bummer. Courtney Love is a terrible person.

She's been telling the gospel of Weinstein being a sack of poo poo for like a decade and nobody listened to her. Maybe that made her break a bit more.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Shageletic posted:

Been on a Live Through This kick much more lately.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I see Big Bird is retiring.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45890721

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

One guy has been doing Big Bird and Oscar since 1969?? That's gotta be one of the most epic runs of a continuous character performance (let alone two) in television history.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Well, Carroll Spinney has to be old as gently caress by now, since he's been doing it for almost 50 years

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
Christ, what 90s show isn’t being brought back?

‘NYPD Blue’ Follow-Up Series Lands Pilot Production Commitment at ABC

quote:

The new series follows Andy Sipowicz’s son, Theo, as he tries to earn his detective shield and work in the 15th squad while investigating his father’s murder.

BrandonGK fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 18, 2018

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Waiting for Golden Girls and Quantum Leap and Time Trax.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

As long as we get to see a butt as fine as Dennis Franz's, I'm in.

GreenNight posted:

Waiting for Golden Girls and Quantum Leap and Time Trax.

I'm genuinely surprised Quantum Leap hasn't been relaunched. Though I guess it does fall under the "Time Travel" genre that hasn't fared that well lately. How about we do a double header and relaunch Timecop, the series based on a movie?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing the Timecop TV show did that was kind of smart was that they had the characters actually having to deal with time travelers from their future. Also them learning that their timeline was actually the result of someone from the future screwing around with the past.

jacksonchan
Jun 29, 2005

Who is this even for? Is it for boomers/aging gen Xers? I can't imagine that anyone younger would have any interest.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He's been sounding pretty tired recently. End of an era...

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

This is a weird gimmick to start season 5 with but I have faith that Nathan can pull it off.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gimmie a rebooted Quantum Leap and Sliders and I'll forgive the rest of this silly 90's rehash.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Medullah posted:

I'm genuinely surprised Quantum Leap hasn't been relaunched. Though I guess it does fall under the "Time Travel" genre that hasn't fared that well lately. How about we do a double header and relaunch Timecop, the series based on a movie?

Alan Sepinwall has been clamoring for a Jennifer Garner lead Quantum Leap reboot so much he actually asked Garner about it when he interviewed her for Camping.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

howe_sam posted:

Alan Sepinwall has been clamoring for a Jennifer Garner lead Quantum Leap reboot so much he actually asked Garner about it when he interviewed her for Camping.

Well poo poo. Now I want that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

As long as it’s a continuation and she’s Sams daughter.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

X-O posted:

Throw in Clarke Peters as Al and I’ll just never stop watching.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

X-O posted:

extremely :same:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dean Stockwell cameo or bust.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

jacksonchan posted:

Who is this even for? Is it for boomers/aging gen Xers? I can't imagine that anyone younger would have any interest.

It's a cop show. Anyone that watches cop shows.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
There's no drawbacks to giving a dime-a-dozen police procedural a familiar name.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Goddamn a lot of people don't have any idea Hole did an album before Live Through This huh

And yeah that documentary about Patty Schemel is great and sad

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Josh Hutcherson talking about the magestic Future Man, season 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cng7QJ6eMi0

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 18, 2018

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Medullah posted:

Yeah I'm sad to see it go, but I really couldn't see him getting away with bigger and better things on the show. I know he was a writer on Who Is America so he's definitely bringing the magic elsewhere.

He's one of the funniest people currently working so while I love the show, I'm looking forward to what comes next

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

we're past the midpoint of October, you all know what that means...

It's Hannibal Season!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
WOW!

Bansky... you nearly did it you mad motherfucker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MezgOU9vRg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Rocksicles posted:

WOW!

Bansky... you nearly did it you mad motherfucker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MezgOU9vRg

on the one hand it was probably worth it to watch those stuffy art people poo poo themselves in fear for about five seconds but you're crazy if you don't think nearly shredding it at least doubled its value. now it's not just a "Banksy" but "the Banksy that got shredded at Sotheby's"