Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That said TF2 put the thriller dance into their game and no one gave a poo poo, but maybe Valve asked nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"MJ is dead and Thriller is 30 years old", I say, as a Walt Disney Corporation Strike Team issues me a Cease and Desist for making mickey mouse pancakes

This eez no so bad eh?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"MJ is dead and Thriller is 30 years old", I say, as a Walt Disney Corporation Strike Team issues me a Cease and Desist for making mickey mouse pancakes

Dude, Tier 2 Mousketeerperators are badd loving rear end hombres

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Also that she wishes she destroyed the traveler when she had the chance
Goddamn, she´s really the writers giant Mary Sue now.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Just call it Parody Thriller

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Dumb Thriller

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Trhiller

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
just name it No Copyright Infringement Intended

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Finally did an ascended challenge, the first one, but only three knights spawned so I have to wait another what? six weeks? to kill another knight and finish the purification ritual that needs 4 nights killed.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

elpaganoescapa posted:

Finally did an ascended challenge, the first one, but only three knights spawned so I have to wait another what? six weeks? to kill another knight and finish the purification ritual that needs 4 nights killed.

You can re-enter the challenge as many times as you want, you just don't get powerful rewards more than once a week.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Really digging the Haunted Forest. This is what the Infinite Forest should've always been.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Really digging the [destiny content after a year or so]. This is what the [initial destiny content] should've always been.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

elpaganoescapa posted:

There’s 4 knights in that challenge

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If haunted forest had been in Osiris, the reward would have been a 330 Origin Story

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
If haunted forest had been in Osiris, ghost would of made a funny about scary monsters and Osiris would just talk and talk and talk and talk. Also it'd suck hard, cause Osiris sucked hard.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

haveblue posted:

You can re-enter the challenge as many times as you want, you just don't get powerful rewards more than once a week.

Oh, nice! Thanks.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Iron banner is still dumb and bad. I don't mind the ll fuckery if the game didn't become a laggy mess immediately.

Forbidden forest is fun though, even if pubbies are dumb as hell and run through ghosts instead of getting rezes.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

BlindSite posted:

Iron banner is still dumb and bad. I don't mind the ll fuckery if the game didn't become a laggy mess immediately.

Forbidden forest is fun though, even if pubbies are dumb as hell and run through ghosts instead of getting rezes.

You probably don't care, but for us Normies the hyper-maximum-strength SBMM is a pain in the dick.

Here's my extremely casual buddy's lobby. Note the light levels.

Here's a typical game for me last night

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Forbidden forest is indeed good, I think the boss situation is a bit weak

Also I feel like a barely played it last night (did the into mission 3x, did 3 waves with pals, did a few random other things by putting a mask on at the end) and I'm halfway through the 120 needed for the gun.

I'm pumped as hell for the fighting lion catalyst to be complete.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I want to believe the triangle ships are the Darkness because that would really gel with the Traveler and it being these post-singularity technological deities with opposite beliefs, one being singular and round (perfect), the other being all jagged and plural, reflecting its adaptability.

Also, I think it's the Darkness itself that is going to gently caress up Savathun, as per the lore it doesn't allow anything to rise up to a power level capable of hurting it before killing it, and Savathun is trying to bootstrap herself to infinite power by entering the Awoken realm.

Lore has gotten interesting and involved in the game itself and it's really good.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
"Kieth Homie"

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Holy gently caress, waiting forever in matchmaking for an ib match is terrible

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You probably don't care, but for us Normies the hyper-maximum-strength SBMM is a pain in the dick.

Here's my extremely casual buddy's lobby. Note the light levels.

Here's a typical game for me last night

Nah I agree. It's dumb and stupid.

The pursuit of good and unique gear and light level is a good enough change. Ramping up the skill based just ruins the performance of the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if lot of people who'd play more PvP are turned off by iron banner being a mess alone.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Forbidden forest is indeed good, I think the boss situation is a bit weak

Also I feel like a barely played it last night (did the into mission 3x, did 3 waves with pals, did a few random other things by putting a mask on at the end) and I'm halfway through the 120 needed for the gun.

I'm pumped as hell for the fighting lion catalyst to be complete.

I'm a third of the way through in like one hour of effort. It's almost like they've learned something!

I haven't been using the fighting lion at all though. I have too much other cool poo poo to play with.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Forsaken add-on conveniently comes with a free level 30 character that skips over 2 expansions so I can have even less of a clue what the game is about.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if lot of people who'd play more PvP are turned off by iron banner being a mess alone.

The light level differential being so brutal now doesn't help. I'm usually all about grinding Iron Banner but I'm just getting loving stomped every single game at 573 so I'm doing spoopy forest stuff instead.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

rodbeard posted:

Forsaken add-on conveniently comes with a free level 30 character that skips over 2 expansions so I can have even less of a clue what the game is about.

We're all in the same boat, my friend. We rely on lore tabs, youtubing skipped cut scenes, and clarifications in this thread from the actual dude who wrote the story.

Basically the Cabal sacked earth at the beginning of D2, and they severed our magic connection to the Traveler and made us mortal again. After about 20 minutes we got our groove back and then completely annihilated the entire Cabal army.

In Osiris, a guy named Osiris told us about a new place that had too many Vex in it, and we killed the Vex in exchange for him promising to never show up in another cutscene again.

In Warmind, we activated the Warmind, which has had no significance yet.

In Forsaken we mercy-killed a guy who had been mind controlled by an Ahamkara pretending to be the Awoken Queen, and then immediately began running missions for a voice claiming to be the Awoken Queen.

That's the story so far, o player mine

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

That’s the most concise and accurate summary of D2 I’ve seen so far.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

The light level differential being so brutal now doesn't help. I'm usually all about grinding Iron Banner but I'm just getting loving stomped every single game at 573 so I'm doing spoopy forest stuff instead.

It's a bit poo poo but I can understand it. I'm only like 555 so I was getting 2 tapped at times.

I can live with that but not that + players from Japan ghosting around + ghost bullets + 10 minute match making.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

In Osiris, a guy named Osiris told us about a new place that had too many Vex in it, and we killed the Vex in exchange for him promising to never show up in another cutscene again.

Lmao Osiris really is a poon

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Lol I do love how this game has no handle at all on how powerful guardians actually are it’s worse than the Jedi in Star Wars at this point. Like we summon supernovas and shoot guns that are the chained souls of gods and yet we can be wiped instantly if someone nicks the Bluetooth speaker hovering over our shoulders.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
what's not consistent there

"ghosts are your conduit to the light, the light is what makes you an unkillable resurrectable god zombie, if your ghosts gets wrecked you are hosed"

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Bc it’s an Achilles heel that has factored into the story exactly once and the gameplay never.

Or is that what happens when we wipe? Everyone knocked out some dregs play stick ball with my tyrant shell?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Jay Carney posted:

Bc it’s an Achilles heel that has factored into the story exactly once and the gameplay never.

Or is that what happens when we wipe? Everyone knocked out some dregs play stick ball with my tyrant shell?

The in game theory is that the darkness is 12 inches too thick to let the ropey streams of light through to us.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Carney posted:

One of the more fun little short stories was how Crota apparently twisted a dinklebot into a knife and shanked a guardian with it while it was still screaming about being a shank now :v:

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
Yeah the fact that Ghosts are killable is why guardians are super powerful but not entirely invincible. Also the reason Petra got sent to the tower originally (remember the queens missions in the first month of D1?) is because she called an airstrike on some Fallen, who were also fighting guardians at the time. Took out everyone, including the ghosts, which pissed a lot of people off. This is also why Cayde mentions she has a “blast radius” in his cache quest recording.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Carney posted:

Yep. When you wipe, in-universe you’re permadead and whatever mission you were on failed, then the tower probably fell and humanity was wiped out. Reverting to checkpoint is not integrated into the lore.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just killed an invader in Gambit by winging the Primeval with the sentinel shield, which ricocheted off it and smacked the invader behind me without realizing he was even there lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I played a match with a fighting lion grenade launcher. I can't hit poo poo but the 2 kills I got with it were hilarious.