Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Cowslips Warren posted:

Cost would be offset by how many we'd need, I think. 1470sq foot house and I live in Phoenix.

Now mom is mopey as gently caress because of the money we need to spend, and I'm doing my best not to remind her we wouldn't have a $700 monthly bill IF SHE HADN'T BOUGHT A NEW loving CAR AT THE START OF SEPTEMBER AND GOTTEN ROYALLY hosed ON IT because she insisted on walking around a dealer for hours rather than looking online, and went entirely alone. Oh, and she traded her paid off totally working car for 2k, and NOW hates her new car because 'the seat isn't comfy.'

from what I remember about your mom based on what you've posted about her here and in other threads, I think you should just start reminding her. Loudly. Preferably through a bullhorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I quit drinking recently. Now i get migraines again.

I have a really bad one right now and want to freaking die.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm the opposite. More than a few beers and my hangover is severe. Two days of nausea, rapid irregular heartbeat, throat feels like it's half closed. Headache hits on day 2. Quitting drinking is the only thing I should do yet I still do it sometimes.

I had 4 cans last night because I'm an idiot. I've been feeling like I'm dying all day.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

That really sucks. If I have multiple drinks in a day, I'll get an appreciable hangover maybe one out of every ten times. Those are usually gone by noon if I get some coffee and a bagel. The only bad time is if I day-drink and don't pace myself.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My stupid apartment building turned off the heat cause it was 80 degrees like THREE DAYS AGO, today it is loving freezing and I’m shivering in my own drat apartment despite wearing a sweater and wool socks. Motherfuckers TURN BACK ON THE HEATERS. I want to call and yell at them but the management office isn’t open yet :argh:

E: me and inzombiac are the 2 top posters by almost twice the amount of the third complainer. I guess we have a whoooole lot of complaints about the first world. Stupid first world :argh:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 11:42 on Oct 6, 2018

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I've got a bunch of bitching in here to my name, just most of it has been resolved :shobon: I have a new supervisor who is actually competent and double-checks who did what hours so everyone gets what they worked.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
im out of toilet paper so this morning i will wipe with paper towel

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

bring back old gbs posted:

im out of toilet paper so this morning i will wipe with paper towel

I do it all the time cause I’m lazy there is no problem with this (unless you clog your toilet) :shrug:

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Work buys super cheap toilet paper and sometimes I think paper towels would be better.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
oh my god i can smell the dirty assholes from here

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I very badly need to find a new job but I even more badly really don't want to do the tech sector song and dance bullshit that comes with job hunting.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

moosecow333 posted:

Work buys super cheap toilet paper and sometimes I think paper towels would be better.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

oh my god i can smell the dirty assholes from here

Paper towels work better than the “toilet paper” that a lot of places use to “save money.” The poo poo that is 1/100th the thinness of paper.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I very badly need to find a new job but I even more badly really don't want to do the tech sector song and dance bullshit that comes with job hunting.

Get a new job. Job hunting sucks but a bad job you hate that pays less than you can finagle is even worse

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Barudak posted:

Get a new job. Job hunting sucks but a bad job you hate that pays less than you can finagle is even worse

Yeah i keep looking at my bank account and realizing I have enough money to easily survive at least six months. Really wrecks my motivation to care about this job at all.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I just had terrible poutine. I didn't think that was possible but welp.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Online stores set up so badly you can only find out shipping costs by registering an account and going to the checkout screen, which then send you an email saying "Hey, you didn't finish checking out. Come back and buy thing" when the reason you didn't finish checking out is the shipping costs were too high and you thought "gently caress that."

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pastry of the Year posted:

I want to play Golf Story but I do not three hundred dollars want to play Golf Story

Golf Story is not even close to the best game on the Switch.

Aim higher.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thin Privilege posted:

My stupid apartment building turned off the heat cause it was 80 degrees like THREE DAYS AGO, today it is loving freezing and I’m shivering in my own drat apartment despite wearing a sweater and wool socks. Motherfuckers TURN BACK ON THE HEATERS. I want to call and yell at them but the management office isn’t open yet :argh:

E: me and inzombiac are the 2 top posters by almost twice the amount of the third complainer. I guess we have a whoooole lot of complaints about the first world. Stupid first world :argh:

Hell yeah.

To be fair, a lot of mine aren't really FWPs but there isn't a general complaining thread.

For instance:
Today I found out that the pay ceiling is lower than I expected. The only path up is if a specific person retires and they are still 10+ years away from that.

I'll have to look for another job in about a year.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Sunswipe posted:

Online stores set up so badly you can only find out shipping costs by registering an account and going to the checkout screen, which then send you an email saying "Hey, you didn't finish checking out. Come back and buy thing" when the reason you didn't finish checking out is the shipping costs were too high and you thought "gently caress that."

And sometimes it's a specialty store that is the only place that sells what you need without having to go out in person and hunt it down (like remanufactured vintage car or electronic components), but they're still run by, like, a Yahoo! Stores backend from 1998. And then you do find the object in person but it's double what the online store was selling it for even with shipping, so you have to come back and make the purchase. Further reinforcing the "come back and buy thing" idea from an e-commerce book that the "thinks they're very savvy" 65-year-old online store owner bought in 2004.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
:): *me at work*
:v:: *random coworker* Hey can I borrow the HHT and printer
:): Yeah sure I'm done with it, I don't need it any more
:v:: *leaves with the HHT and printer*
:):
:):
:): poo poo I actually do still need it

EVERY TIME.

Butt Detective has a new favorite as of 10:45 on Oct 11, 2018

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I am an idiot who cannot remember the key point of the internet, passed down from the sages of old: never read the comments.

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

My FWP is my job related woes. I have a 100 % remote job with flex hours and a decent if not great pay. This is the good part, and the reason I hold onto it. The downside is that I do the same thing day in and day out, there's no real possibility for career progression or new challenges. I feel intellectually under-challenged, stressed out and disillusioned. There are always new problems and new sources of stress, but they're always of the same type - primarily deadline-related and dependent on someone else pulling their load, which is torture to my control freak self.

I would like to try a change of field. But most things I actually want to do would put an end to my hobo lifestyle and I've pretty much built my current life around being able to work from everywhere. Ideally I would work part-time and try to get the intellectual stimulation from my hobbies, but I know my burden of work would remain the same, just condensed into fewer hours. Also, I can't really afford it. I guess I'll just gently slide into alcoholism while my heavily exploited worker/farmer ancestors disapprovingly shake their heads at me from beyond the grave.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I don't want to work this weekend. :saddowns:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bees on Wheat posted:

I don't want to work this weekend. :saddowns:

I am being forced to open the store next weekend, and I am very unhappy cause that means I have to wake up crazy early and it also ruins my usual Friday/Saturday plans. :saddowns:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm so extremely not in the mood for small talk with customers. Even moreso than normal.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Norrskensren posted:

My FWP is my job related woes. I have a 100 % remote job with flex hours and a decent if not great pay. This is the good part, and the reason I hold onto it. The downside is that I do the same thing day in and day out, there's no real possibility for career progression or new challenges. I feel intellectually under-challenged, stressed out and disillusioned. There are always new problems and new sources of stress, but they're always of the same type - primarily deadline-related and dependent on someone else pulling their load, which is torture to my control freak self.

I would like to try a change of field. But most things I actually want to do would put an end to my hobo lifestyle and I've pretty much built my current life around being able to work from everywhere. Ideally I would work part-time and try to get the intellectual stimulation from my hobbies, but I know my burden of work would remain the same, just condensed into fewer hours. Also, I can't really afford it. I guess I'll just gently slide into alcoholism while my heavily exploited worker/farmer ancestors disapprovingly shake their heads at me from beyond the grave.

Are we the same person? I just transitioned from office to 100% remote 6 months ago. Realizing it's not quite for me but I moved away from the office so now it's find a new job or keep attending meetings in PJs

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm kinda desperate for a 100% remote job.

Hell, my current job could be remote but the head of the department, "likes seeing everyone milling about".

Cool, good. You live in a nice house 5 minutes away and the rest of us live in lovely apartments an hour away.

Cool.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
A clothing store that I shop at a lot keeps messing up the online portion of my account. So I can shop at the in-person store with no problems, but as soon as I try to do anything online, the account is unusable. Supposedly this was fixed the last time I got in contact with them, but now it's borked again. LET ME GIVE YOU MONEY FOR CUTE CLOTHES. :argh:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I just got my schedule for the week. My next day off is Friday. Yesterday was Friday. I worked yesterday. That means I'm working 7 days in a row. And I only had one day off this week. :smithicide:

I was supposed to have yesterday and today off, but my coworker is out of town tending to her grandmother, who ended up in intensive care earlier this week. I'm not upset about covering her shifts, and I'm glad she was able to get time off, but goddamn is there no one else that can pick up a loving shift around here? <:mad:>

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
My condolences. I don’t know what type of job you work, but this poo poo happened to me in retail all the time. If you ask me, no one should work more than three days in a row if they’re only getting 20-25 hours a week. AND YET.

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

Norrskensren posted:

I'm not remote but that's basically the same as what I'm dealing with. Good to know there's no good solution!!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Norrskensren posted:

Have you considered something like Amazon Mechanical Turk just for variety?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Some of the albums on Spotify are censored but the uncensored version isn't there. Sometimes there's both. It's irritating because it's distracting in how lovely the censoring is. It just cuts the vocals out whenever there'd be a swear word. It's extremely noticeable as it's only a few albums here and there with no rhyme or reason as to which ones are censored.

The dumbest thing is that it isn't even consistent across bands. Like you'll have a band where they just say "gently caress" all the time on one album but then another one will be censored. It makes one of my favorite albums ever completely impossible to listen to. I have the physical CD of it somewhere as well as the MP3 rip I made of it but drat it, I listen to music on the intertubes now and don't want to go through extra steps to put that album on.

edit: And now the uncensored version of that album is actually available what is this madness aaaadsl;kagkl;hasghkl;asdghkl;asdgkl;ansglk;ansdfgkl;h

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 00:27 on Oct 18, 2018

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I feel like I had the stupidest questions today at work, to the point it didn't even feel real. Highlights include:

asking which was cheaper, the $3 or $5 ticket (answer: it's the $3 one)

why bother having an unlimited ride pass when we only have one ride (answer: you can go on it more than once)

can I have this $20 item for $10 because that's all I have (answer: no)

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I wanted to stay up longer and play games but now I'm just tired and want to lay in bed and watch dumb YouTube videos. Getting older sucks sometimes.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I ran into/over a curb and broke my tire and rim and now I don't have a car till Friday. It is very inconvenient. I was so happy to be at my old store cause there is parking and it's a 10-15 min drive from my house, whereas working at the other store I had to to take public transit, which took over an hour. Now I again have to take public transit for 3 whole days and I am very unhappy :mad:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Trying to explain to my husband that yes, he’s making more with his new job, which means more money will be taken out in taxes. And no, there is no way to (legally) change his W4 filing status to get more money.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Mouse Dresser posted:

Trying to explain to my husband that yes, he’s making more with his new job, which means more money will be taken out in taxes. And no, there is no way to (legally) change his W4 filing status to get more money.

Or like in my case, they don't take out enough in taxes and I have to pay a couple of thousand dollars to the state and the IRS every year. I love our tax system!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Mouse Dresser posted:

You can change your withholdings at any time, and the irs encourages you to do it to get as close to a $0 tax bill/refund as possible

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/irs-withholding-calculator

You can't lie on your taxes to change what you owe annually, but you sure can change how much is automatically held. Hint: a big annual refund means you're doing it wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
To join daughters of the American revolution, I have to complete an electronic application. To get access to the application, the registrar of the chapter I'm joining needs to send me an invite. The registrar of the chapter I'm joining is moving to Canada and isn't responding to emails.

I can't even finish the application yet since I'm waiting on a couple of supporting documents, but it's still frustrating.