Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Can't believe they put that Gregory guy in charge of the show and then hanged him after he made it even worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Is this one of the zombies from a future episode?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Hexel posted:

when did gimple start abusing opioids

well that would explain dexter

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, thanks for the recap. It sounds like bailing out was the best thing I've done. I can't decide if they let Gimple gently caress Fear to give him more power, or to try to quarantine him from the main series.

At dumb as the last few episodes have been, I'm sure Gimple is chomping at the bit to "fix them" and pair all the characters off to do solo episodes until the end of time

brocked posted:

Can't believe they put that Gregory guy in charge of the show and then hanged him after he made it even worse

:lol::lol::lol:

ED: Poor actor that played Gregory. Such a cartoon character. Not exactly playing the Game of Thrones with his political maneuvering. There's no human on Earth that would trust that character for like 60 seconds.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
The Walter Peck of the Apocalypse

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

Midseason opener with the terrible flying zombies. I just couldn't do it anymore when everyone got separated and started talking in prolonged backstory speak, were all about 'hope' and 'saving people' out of nowhere and killed off the two central characters to make Morgan's bullshit front and center.

I, someone who actually enjoyed enjoyed the first two seasons (while acknowledging their flaws), quit after the midseason-finale and I've never quit a show before. The writing was so bad I cried. I was drunk and hormonal but I literally cried because of bad writing. It was the stupidest thing I've ever seen on TV. It was like one of the writers said "hey remember the flipped car scene from Jurassic park with the trapped kids and the t-rex? Lets combine that with the Austin Powers Steamroller scene. The car is functional, the "kids" are technically adults, and the t-rex is a bunch of zombies that move slower than most people walk. The protagonist of the series ends up dying in this scene."

I couldn't do it anymore. I haven't been able to watch the new episodes of TWD yet but on reddit I've seen a couple people say it's giving off a "S3 of FTWD" vibe and I just weep because:

Blazing Ownager posted:

I can't decide if they let Gimple gently caress Fear to give him more power, or to try to quarantine him from the main series.

The company didn't want to fire their yes-man, but knew deep down that he needed to be removed from the show, so they gave him a different title and a show they don't care as much about to ruin.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/FTON3Kc.gifv

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

"I'm not Catholic" is the new "Honk, Honk".

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 17, 2018

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i kinda miss andrea and dale

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is there no z-nation thread?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Andrea would be all over Negan.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Show Andrea was cancer and I was glad she died.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Binary Logic posted:

Logrolling in our time

I love how this verifies that skulls are absolutely the squishiest part of the zombie body.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I stopped watching a few seasons back. I come to this thread for Moist and the gifs.

Thank you to those soldiers who keep watching this rolling dumpster fire of soiled diapers I use to call a show.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I stopped watching a few seasons back. I come to this thread for Moist and the gifs.

Thank you to those soldiers who keep watching this rolling dumpster fire of soiled diapers I use to call a show.

Totally :same:

I really enjoyed the first two seasons (and the barn reveal at the end of season 3), but the precipitous drop in the quality of the show after that was astounding.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Fireside Nut posted:

Totally :same:

I really enjoyed the first two seasons (and the barn reveal at the end of season 3), but the precipitous drop in the quality of the show after that was astounding.
I know it felt like a long rear end time, but the barn scene was mid-way in S2.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Khablam posted:

And to think people used to think THAT season was dragged out...

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Atlanta season was awesome, farm season was loving awful, prison season was alright and then when they teleport to Alexandria for permanent dwelling it went unredeemably downhill.

Hexel fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 18, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I like having a laugh about it with all you guys in this thread, so I put it on when I'm working out.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Khablam posted:

Holy poo poo, you're right :psyduck:

E: I know it's not common sentiment in this thread but I actually liked the farm season. It felt like the characters were still grappling with novel moral choices. The pace wasn't perfect but I enjoyed the character dynamics quite a bit.

Fireside Nut fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 19, 2018

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Fireside Nut posted:

Holy poo poo, you're right :psyduck:

E: I know it's not common sentiment in this thread but I actually liked the farm season. It felt like the characters were still grappling with novel moral choices. The pace wasn't perfect but I enjoyed the character dynamics quite a bit.

For me it's because Jon Bernthal's always great, even when the material isn't. Shane was a lot of fun to watch.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Imagine telling someone in Season 1 that the last characters standing would be Carol and Daryl.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TOOT BOOT posted:

Andrea would be all over Negan.

You are right. Show Andrea would have been totally signing up to join his harem while screaming 'Why do I have such bad taste in mennnnn'

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They should reshoot the Walking Dead Season 1, but all the characters start with the experience they have now.

Kind of like an RPG where you can restart from the beginning with your same progress.

They'd probably just take over the entirety of Atlanta.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Walking Dead: New Game +

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They should reshoot the Walking Dead Season 1, but all the characters start with the experience they have now.

Kind of like an RPG where you can restart from the beginning with your same progress.

I'd argue they are dumber and less competent now than they were back in season 1

Also back in season 1 zombies could do cool poo poo like climb ladders and use bashing weapons. Features that if they had kept, they wouldn't have a 'zombie underpowered' problem.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Walking Dead: New Game +

If you're doing New Game + throw in some mutators like big head zombies. Or maybe they already have, giving Herschel unlimited ammo.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

If that happened, you'd have S1 Shane as the voice of reason.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Three words: Big Head Mode

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LadyPictureShow posted:

If that happened, you'd have S1 Shane as the voice of reason.

I still think Shane, even psycho Shane, would have been an immensely better leader than Rick.

He'd probably cut off Negan's head during their little camper road trip and tossed it to the saviors, ending that whole thing in one episode. At the very least he'd ambushed the gently caress out of Negan when he came to collect.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'd argue they are dumber and less competent now than they were back in season 1

Yeah there really hasn't been much learning done by any of them.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still thinking about how they put the wall supports on the outside of Alexandria

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i have fond memories of the bus full of redshirts that lasted all of five minutes after escaping the prison

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm still thinking about how they put the wall supports on the outside of Alexandria

A less lazy show would have had some throw away lines about recruiting people, because holy poo poo do Alexandrians die in droves yet never go down in number.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 20, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh I am curious. Did anyone laugh their rear end off at the line from Maggie about how "We need a black smith, and we don't have one right now?"

Namely because the nobody extra Simon shot last season was the blacksmith. Someone must have actually realized that at some point on the writing team.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

quality spoiler

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Blazing Ownager posted:

because holy poo poo do Alexandrians die in groves yet never go down in number.

See Also: Saviors.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

Oh I am curious. Did anyone laugh their rear end off at the line from Maggie about how "We need a black smith, and we don't have one right now?"

Namely because the nobody extra Simon shot last season was the blacksmith. Someone must have actually realized that at some point on the writing team.
Consider your situation:
- food is your #1 priority
- you have lots of labour
- some of that is building something?
- lots are lumberjacks, and they're ok
- you seem to have found a horse spawn

Yet, with all that being the case, there's just no drat way to plant those crops without a rinky-dink tractor and an antique plough.

It's like each scene has a different writer, because half the people have the solution to the "conflict" of the other people, most times.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

moist turtleneck posted:

loving lmaooo i forgot about that, HOW

HOW

WHY

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wonder how many more eps until stupid stick boy gets a big idea from Negan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

SolarFire2 posted:

See Also: Saviors.

If anything every time a Savior was killed they split like starfish into like 2-3 more.