Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
man why can't the anime go faster

Sex Pistols is a top 10 Stand, i need my good bullet gremlins now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Arist posted:

Number 5 stopped the bullet inside his head.

Johnny Joestar posted:

when in doubt just assume there's a bullet gremlin doing something helpful

Noted! Thanks.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The hard turn I made from the introduction of Sex Pistols to "ugh, Hol Horse again" to "Mista would murder the poo poo out of Hol Horse, the guys rule" was great

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

Even Diegos World owns.

Like remember when Diego's version of the knives is sending lit matches through the stopped time and then Tusk Chumimin~s it's way through stopped time?

Owns

my fav part is right after johnny has figured out what the world does and is like "alright i have to stay focused, i can't perceive what he does while time has stopped so I can't take my eyes off of him for a single second, even the smallest change could why do i smell like gasoline"

Schwarzwald posted:

That's definitely a form of horror that Araki tends to fall back on, but I think SBR is one part where it's actually warranted. The lead character is a paraplegic in a long distance race, and Jesus cameos as a series of immobile body parts being carried about higgledy piggledy by the greedy and righteous alike.

I won't argue that it isn't overwrought at times, but at the same time, being helpless and at the mercy is much more of a thing in SBR than it is in other parts.

also the body horror is put to good use in some interesting fights, like the one where Everything Is Grenades

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 18, 2018

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

“Gebo! Geboh!!”
If only there were English onomatopoeias for coughing the translator could use...

Anyway lovely translation decisions aside, that was certainly a chapter of Jojolion. Did Mitsuba just awaken to her stand? Or did she have it before? I can’t really tell. Interesting that its name doesn’t fit the Higashikata stand name theming, though. She’s not part of the family by blood so it makes sense, but her name is part of the same card theming as the other family members so I expected the word King to be in there somewhere.

The last page raises some questions. Have Mitsuba’s skin and teeth issues been Wu’s stand all along? It would make sense, but if that’s the case and he can just remove his bits from the part he’s affecting, where does the equivalent exchange come in?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

What even is Mitsuba's Stand name referencing?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Go figure that the first time I did even a little typesetting for jojolion, it's for a creepy chapter :(
Well of course, it's in a hospital. Perfect setting for horror, just in time for Halloween.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

“Gebo! Geboh!!”
If only there were English onomatopoeias for coughing the translator could use...

Anyway lovely translation decisions aside, that was certainly a chapter of Jojolion. Did Mitsuba just awaken to her stand? Or did she have it before? I can’t really tell. Interesting that its name doesn’t fit the Higashikata stand name theming, though. She’s not part of the family by blood so it makes sense, but her name is part of the same card theming as the other family members so I expected the word King to be in there somewhere.

The last page raises some questions. Have Mitsuba’s skin and teeth issues been Wu’s stand all along? It would make sense, but if that’s the case and he can just remove his bits from the part he’s affecting, where does the equivalent exchange come in?

Awaking

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Oh.

Ooohhhhh

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
I briefly forgot that Uu was the character's name and thought he was just very unsure of himself

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I think it’s supposed to be Wu, like Wu Tang. Maybe.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Funky Valentine posted:

I can't figure it out at all outside of another king pun; and I normally get all the music references...

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
This is the closest I can think of though its a bit a of a stretch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvYRYCIAKZo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Awaking III Leaves is probably some local band that Araki caught by chance and this is him showing support.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I tried (and failed) to explain the JoJo Golden Wind anime to my wife. She finds the concept fascinating and the character designs intriguing, but doesn't get it, which is fine. She did, however, ruin Bucciarati for me forever by saying he looks like he could be cosplayed by Noel Fielding.

I can see it, but he could just as easily be a Stand of some kind.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dog Kisser posted:

I tried (and failed) to explain the JoJo Golden Wind anime to my wife. She finds the concept fascinating and the character designs intriguing, but doesn't get it, which is fine. She did, however, ruin Bucciarati for me forever by saying he looks like he could be cosplayed by Noel Fielding.

so what, you just had to come in this thread and ruin everyone else's life too?

i can't unsee that face with bruno now

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I like Noel Fielding and I also like Bruno so I don't care

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

RubberLuffy posted:

Yeah he's great, I don't see the problem.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Well jesus. :stare:

Part 8 making a run at Part 6's body horror title.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/anaccoco/status/1052768606537359360

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

As always, Anasui Is Best Girl.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
drat, i think i have a new favorite stand in this part.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Awaking owns, it's so weird. Math stand

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im so mad I'm not home yet to read this chapter

otoh, i rewatched episode 2 with a friend and polpo's lighter is visible in the ED behind the big disco ball wall at times. im also not sure what's behind it right before it stops

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
behold the power of my stand

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

yeah actually they will posted:

behold the power of my stand

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
loling at Awaking III Leaves

sure whatever okay

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
so did mitsuba use the arrow to push herself and yasuho into the air and then dropkick the doctor in the face? because if so, mitsuba loving rules.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Did Araki just do a Bokurano? :eek:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RubberLuffy posted:

it's more the face he's making in that exact picture

Patware posted:

Awaking owns, it's so weird. Math stand

part 8's stands seem to zigzag between insanely complex and "a dude on a motorcycle tries to kill you"

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 19, 2018

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Extremely into Uu Tomoki very defensively explaining that he is both Living and Loving that volcel life this chapter

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The fragments of tiny arms, oof

I'm left thinking about the Alessi fight

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Mitsuba is about to NUT:
Neutralize
Uu
Tomoki

I can’t find any song with a title that’s some variation of “Awaking III Leaves,” so I’m gonna go ahead and assume Araki just picked a word with “king” in it then put the English translation of her name.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Every time I close my eyes on Thursday, I wake up on Friday feeling so horny for more JoJo.

(Hey should I catch up to Jojolion? I stopped reading around where the guy who lives out of a broken ski lift teaches them how to make tiramisu in such intricate detail that anyone reading is fully equipped to make it themselves.
It was good, I just felt like I’d wait a while to read it in a big chunk. From all the redacted text in seeing, I take it I should totally catch up?)

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 19, 2018

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Yinlock posted:

so what, you just had to come in this thread and ruin everyone else's life too?

i can't unsee that face with bruno now

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

cursed

Night Goat
Oct 24, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

The JoJo wiki seems to think the three of leaves is a three of clubs reference? Not sure about the Awaking part though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Every time I close my eyes on Thursday, I wake up on Friday feeling so horny for more JoJo.

(Hey should I catch up to Jojolion? I stopped reading around where the guy who lives out of a broken ski lift teaches them how to make tiramisu in such intricate detail that anyone reading is fully equipped to make it themselves.
It was good, I just felt like I’d wait a while to read it in a big chunk. From all the redacted text in seeing, I take it I should totally catch up?)

I would probably wait until next month cause I feel like the current fight is going to wrap up next chapter and that seems like a better chunk to read.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Night Goat posted:

The JoJo wiki seems to think the three of leaves is a three of clubs reference? Not sure about the Awaking part though.

Mitsuba means three leaves in Japanese, but yeah her name is also a reference to the club suit, like Daiya, Tsurugi, and Hato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I'm loving Mitsuba

she goes from "what's going on what's equivalent exchange whats this" to

"I will use my directional force powers to do some crazy poo poo"