Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not sure if merc storia is actually a good show, but the monsters are super cute. in fact, they are cute enough that even if the rest of the show is bad it'll still probably be decent overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It's usually wholesome ever for a pokemon knockoff.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

good news Choboraunyopomi fans,

the hit manga/anime Jakusansei Million Arthur is getting an anime. well another one i guess. either way this one is getting on tv so it might actually get translated

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Oh, nice. I saw whichever series of that in the niconico top charts pretty much every week like 2 years ago, wondered what I was missing out on.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/laureninspace/status/1052968811006255104?s=19

chaos reigns

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Soooo wait - since VRV and Crunchyroll have the same stuff, does that mean HiDive stuff is coming to Crunchy?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ep2 of merc storia is out, and the mc hasn't gotten any better. here's a fantasy world filled with cute monsters to befriend, and the mc has magic whose sole purpose is befriending monsters. what's he gonna do, not befriend monsters? it turns out that the answer is yes, if he had his way.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1052967996522553344?s=20

Last day of the Partnership is November 9th, all FUNi titles will be leaving Crunchyroll, except for any titles that premiered this season. All currently scheduled Blu-Ray releases will still continue into production

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
is there a list?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Unrelated to the anime coming out I wound up reading all the Slime manga and found it interesting enough that I'll probably give the show a look. The only other thing I was watching was JoJo so it can't hurt to add it at least.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

The CR thread says they will release a list when it's finalized what will be affected.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Davincie posted:

the hit manga/anime Jakusansei Million Arthur is getting an anime. well another one i guess. either way this one is getting on tv so it might actually get translated

How's it compare to Ai Mai Mi? I can never seem to find any information on anything Choboraunyopomi does, which sucks because the one thing I've seen from them is amazing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If they want to push me back into just pirating everything they're going a good way about it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

AnoHito posted:

How's it compare to Ai Mai Mi? I can never seem to find any information on anything Choboraunyopomi does, which sucks because the one thing I've seen from them is amazing.

i have no idea cause its not translated but i liked the ed

try fushigi na somera-chan, part of the extended ai mai miiverse

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Davincie posted:

Nice, the series does need more love and I love its humor

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Hidive has Legend of Galactic Heroes, so I'm hoping that comes to Crunchyroll at least. They're the only ones who have it and it sucks

e: oh nice, Houseki no Kuni too.

klapman fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 18, 2018

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

If they want to push me back into just pirating everything they're going a good way about it

I don't really even quite care what content is on their service, I'd pay for it if they had a Tizen app just like I pay for HBO but only watch Game of Thrones.

Crunchyroll sure does continue to try not to earn my money though.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

2018 is the first year in quite a while where torrent traffic has seen an uptick in internet traffic share.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Truga posted:

2018 is the first year in quite a while where torrent traffic has seen an uptick in internet traffic share.

Literally the only thing that was keeping piracy down was convenience of access, the streaming world splintering into a million $10/mo subscription services was the dumbest possible decision for eliminating piracy

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I’m really hoping all of HIDIVE’s sub stuff shows up on CR so I can dump my HIDIVE subscription and pick up a Funimation one. If I have to subscribe to all 3 I’m gonna be ticked off. I have no doubt that if I’m ticked off but still willing to pay, there’s gonna be a lot more that are upset but unwilling.

Love big corporations getting into the anime game. We all win.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it's really something.

the volume of torrent traffic has been declining in the last couple years even. not just its traffic share, which is amazing considering how much internet usage is growing. losing some share was understandable, but losing raw volume was surprising to many. there's even been talk about piracy finally being the non-issue it is even for rich fucks!

then everyone and the kitchen sink jumped on the netflix bandwagon, and suddenly in the year where internet traffic has been growing the fastest, torrent's share goes up, i wonder what happened :thunkher:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ill have you know its critical that we launch our own streaming platform priced at 30 dollars a month for the three shows we license a year

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, it's getting super confusing to find out who has what where and what I have to do to legally watch it now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Funimation and Crunchyroll have ended their partnership of the last two years as Sony looks to expand Funi globally. This means that Funi-licensed subbed content will be taken off of Crunchyroll, and the Funimation channel will be removed from Crunchyroll's VRV. HIDIVE will be joining VRV's library in Funimation's absence, though, which is neat.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The most egregious was the thankfully defunct Amazon Strike! where you had to double dip (Prime + channel subscription) so if you just wanted the anime it was $15 a month or $160 for a year worth. That's assuming you were even in a territory where you could get Prime Video + channels.

Edit: And yes it is getting goddamn confusing figuring out where to watch what shows legally, if at all.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this Funimation thing is kinda expected given the Sony acquisition

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Black Stones posted:

I’m really hoping all of HIDIVE’s sub stuff shows up on CR so I can dump my HIDIVE subscription and pick up a Funimation one. If I have to subscribe to all 3 I’m gonna be ticked off. I have no doubt that if I’m ticked off but still willing to pay, there’s gonna be a lot more that are upset but unwilling.

Love big corporations getting into the anime game. We all win.

Also, VRV is 10 bucks a month, which is 2 less than getting CR and HIDIVE separately, so it's not exactly what you're looking for, but you'd still be saving money. Plus, there's a lot more cool stuff on there to make it worth your while.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, VRV is 10 bucks a month, which is 2 less than getting CR and HIDIVE separately, so it's not exactly what you're looking for, but you'd still be saving money. Plus, there's a lot more cool stuff on there to make it worth your while.

I’m a filthy Canadian. No VRV for me.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
hmmmmm, this vrv thing sounds great, lemme google it

quote:

Not available in your region
:negative:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Literally the only thing that was keeping piracy down was convenience of access, the streaming world splintering into a million $10/mo subscription services was the dumbest possible decision for eliminating piracy

I don't think all these companies had a goal of reducing piracy though. Pretty sure the entire thought process is "Even if splitting off our content onto our own paid streaming service reduces the total size of the steaming video pie, at least we're getting our slice."

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

The most egregious was the thankfully defunct Amazon Strike! where you had to double dip (Prime + channel subscription) so if you just wanted the anime it was $15 a month or $160 for a year worth. That's assuming you were even in a territory where you could get Prime Video + channels.

Edit: And yes it is getting goddamn confusing figuring out where to watch what shows legally, if at all.

Let me just say how much fun I had trying to see what amazon was streaming this season without knowing exactly what title to look for.

The answer may surprise you!
it won't

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kwyndig posted:

http://senpai.moe/ and https://because.moe/ can be a bit slow when it comes to adding current season stuff, but they do keep track of that staff.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Let me tell you how long I spent looking for Irozuku when it turns out the English title was Iroduku.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

So what you are saying is that VRV will soon be releasing the spyce?

I'm more sad about Dramafever closing down, not that I watched much of their content but I liked knowing it was there.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if you only have VRV and dont care about dubs this is probably a better value honestly, between CR's catalog and HIDIVE's

i was wondering why HIDIVE kept saying "apps coming in 2018" but i guess this is why, because now they don't have to do their own app

a lot of FUNi stuff is still on Hulu and Youtube (i honestly don't think they're ever going to remove the shows they have on youtube because they're many years old and I think they honestly just forgot they're there)

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
wow vrv's interface sucks balls

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Blhue posted:

wow vrv's interface sucks balls
yeah it loving sucks on PC, it's slightly better on console/roku but still uses the weird channel menu system

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Looking at this channel selection though, I'm pretty sure I did a market survey once where they were seeing if they'd have an audience for this service.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

waiiiiiiit

wait

hidive has Dennoh coil

and nadia

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

http://senpai.moe/ and https://because.moe/ can be a bit slow when it comes to adding current season stuff, but they do keep track of that staff.

they're having issues with amazon cause amazon is comically bad at categorizing their anime (what a surprise)